Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cross Bar challenge

Just reading on another thread you can sub in someone to do it for you if selected for our half time entertainment.

So, if you were picked...which one of our current players would you choose to sub in for you and which one of our previous players?

For me, Aribo and Claus Jenson I reckon.

Comments

• Tony Watt and Kevin Lisbie
  • If I wanted someone to hit the bar on my behalf I would choose Derek Hales. Now he knew how to hit a bar. ;)
  • Roger Johnson and Les Berry
  • Nicky Bailey ( but tell him to aim a few hundred feet lower).
  • Cory Gibbs so we can finally see him at the Valley
  • Nathan Byrne as he didn't do much at all last night but focused well on this one aspect.
  • I would either chose to take it myself or ask one of our players to take it for me, but request they score!
  • JJ and Matt Holland
  • Do it myself. The way to go is to hit it hard and flat with a sidefoot, surely. All these dinky chips are doomed. Strike it, imagine you're going for the top corner, err on the side of overhitting it. To be mathematical about it, less height variation per distance - a smaller dy/dx - and thus a lower gradient, meaning your horizontal window for bar-striking is lengthened.
  • I'd say give it a bit more than you think you need - given the pathetic efforts I have seen this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Be careful though - one effort nearly went straight to me in row F
  • Where do you shoot from, and can you drop kick it?
  • Leuth said:

Do it myself. The way to go is to hit it hard and flat with a sidefoot, surely. All these dinky chips are doomed. Strike it, imagine you're going for the top corner, err on the side of overhitting it. To be mathematical about it, less height variation per distance - a smaller dy/dx - and thus a lower gradient, meaning your horizontal window for bar-striking is lengthened.

Now you mention it, that was exactly the problem last night - the bloke just hadn't done his maths. And the fact the ball didn't actually leave the ground or go anywhere near the goal.
  • Andy Reid or Claus Jensen