Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LOL at our empty stadium

13»

Comments

• Options
    Whoever said that there will never be a compete boycott is of course correct, some will always turn up and I understand that and would not ever criticise them for it.
    However, desperate problems need desperate solutions, and can you imagine the media frenzy over an empty Ground for the first time ever since the game became popular. Can you imagine the profit and loss statement for the Club when the income at the top shows virtually zilch ! Would Roland just sell another academy player and stick his hand in his pocket for the wages required to be paid into the Summer. How many job losses would have to occur ? It seems ridiculous to contemplate, but how would Roland react ? Am I right in thinking that the FA would allow a newly formed company to
    re-launch the Club, which would not owe Roland his £40 million or whatever ? To get rid of this idiot we have to hit him massively hard, not throw things on the pitch I'm afraid.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I think whether you go or not has to be a personal thing. Suggesting people boycott matches is different to suggesting they don't buy a season ticket for a period or don't spend money in the ground. It would open us to genuine criticism, rather than the fake rubbish one or two sprout about teh protests or CARD! The fact is, the crowds wil get lower and lower without us fans doing anything. It is a symptom of cluesless idiots running the club into the ground. Our job is to fight them as the alternative is to give up.

I don't know how we wil get rid of this idiot. We have to try in a proper, legal way. We know he has a temper, we know he is a liar and we know he is a coward. We have to keep pulling the strings until he topples!

We also know he is a fool.
  • Options
    Grumpy said:

Whoever said that there will never be a compete boycott is of course correct, some will always turn up and I understand that and would not ever criticise them for it.
    However, desperate problems need desperate solutions, and can you imagine the media frenzy over an empty Ground for the first time ever since the game became popular. Can you imagine the profit and loss statement for the Club when the income at the top shows virtually zilch ! Would Roland just sell another academy player and stick his hand in his pocket for the wages required to be paid into the Summer. How many job losses would have to occur ? It seems ridiculous to contemplate, but how would Roland react ? Am I right in thinking that the FA would allow a newly formed company to
    re-launch the Club, which would not owe Roland his £40 million or whatever ? To get rid of this idiot we have to hit him massively hard, not throw things on the pitch I'm afraid.

Since you have only just crossed the "divide" (some might say "seen the light rather late"), but critical of the CARD-led protest, I am sure many of us would love to hear your advice re the methods that should be deployed to rid us of RD/KM.
  • Options
    I reckon there were about 3,500 Charlton fans & about 800 Oxford last night.
  • Options
    Only going on Saturday because I bought my tickets some time ago and my eldest (due to family stuff) can't go very often but I reckon it may well be my last visit for a while. After all, most of the players have given up so why shouldn't I?
  • Options

katrien once said about us that she couldnt understand us customers
    have a bad meal and u dont complain
    ur quite right katrien
    no we dont complain we just dont go back to that restaurant
    are you starting to see the picture now katrien

She'll NEVER see the picture.

Don't they have Specsavers in Belgium ?
  • Options

Now normally I am pretty relaxed about the odd mistake people make but after I while I get quite annoyed by people who consistently show themselves to be totally incompetent.

It's not a mistake, it's not repeated mistakes, it's being employed at a level well above that you are able to understand the responsibilities of, and then apply yourself to successfully fulfilling those responsibilities.

Katrien Meire is not competent to fulfil the responsibilities of her role.

She is frankly both consistently embarrassing herself and the club.

The CEO equivalent of Karel Fraeye his Championship manager role.

Is there anyone, anyone at all who has an alternate view?

The penultimate line sums squirrel face up perfectly.
  • Options

ur quite right katrien

This was one of the things that first alerted me to Katrien being some kind of fool. When I have a bad meal, I complain. If it's that bad, I send it back straight away and don't pay for it. Why should anyone put up with something not being good enough?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a lot of people do - in fact virtually everybody - is never go to that restaurant again. Whether they complain or not! It shows a basic mis-understanding of what supporting your team is.
  • Options

What a lot of people do - in fact virtually everybody - is never go to that restaurant again. Whether they complain or not! It shows a basic mis-understanding of what supporting your team is.

I think you are right mate. If a restaurant owner sees +\- 75% of tables consistently empty then that tells a story.
    Katrien, the Valley is now about 75% empty (based on reality not fictional numbers) on match days. Never mind the protests, that should tell you all you need to know?
  • Options
    how ,even with all season tickets counting even if not atending,can the club give an attendance in excess of 9000 when there are clearly about half that number in the ground.Isnt this fraud or at least in contravention of some regulation?
  • Options
    timken said:

how ,even with all season tickets counting even if not atending,can the club give an attendance in excess of 9000 when there are clearly about half that number in the ground.Isnt this fraud or at least in contravention of some regulation?

No, that is the tickets issued and what most clubs use. Man U and Arsenal were found to be given out full house figures when there were lots of empty seats.

It would only be fraud if they declared less income than they paid VAT or other tax on or gave the FA or league a lower figure than actual for a cup game and so deprived the other club and the FA/League of their share.

Or maybe if they used inflated figures to create a false or misleading prospectus to a potential buyer. But the club isn't for sale so that can't be an issue.
  • Options

timken said:

No, that is the tickets issued and what most clubs use. Man U and Arsenal were found to be given out full house figures when there were lots of empty seats.

It would only be fraud if they declared less income than they paid VAT or other tax on or gave the FA or league a lower figure than actual for a cup game and so deprived the other club and the FA/League of their share.

Or maybe if they used inflated figures to create a false or misleading prospectus to a potential buyer. But the club isn't for sale so that can't be an issue.
    HI, do you know if actual attendance has to be recorded by any 3rd party for any reason (venue licensing / police safety management etc.) and if so would this be subject to a FOI request?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

timken said:

HI, do you know if actual attendance has to be recorded by any 3rd party for any reason (venue licensing / police safety management etc.) and if so would this be subject to a FOI request?
    FOI only applies to public organisations not private companies like Charlton.

There will be a "turnstile count" for every game. I'm not sure if this is a legal health and safety requirement or just good practice but the club should know how many people are in each stand in case of emergencies or overcrowding (yes, I know). It is how they are able to give a precise number of away fans each game.

• Options

ur quite right katrien

This was one of the things that first alerted me to Katrien being some kind of fool. When I have a bad meal, I complain. If it's that bad, I send it back straight away and don't pay for it. Why should anyone put up with something not being good enough?
    To be fair Belgian food is pretty terrible. The only thing of note is moules frites and that's pretty difficult to fuck up. I imagine this is a typical exchange in a Belgian restaurant.

"How is your meal Madame?"
    "Exquisite. The beans are overcooked, the sausage is burnt and the wine is vinegar."
    "Merci Madame Meire. Would you like to see the dessert menu?"
    "Non, please just send cold coffee with two teaspoons of sand and a rotting egg."
  • Options

timken said:

To be fair, the previous lot did that to Roland as well. Can remember plenty of 13-14,000 midweek crowds being announced as 19k+ when Jiminez was trying to get shot of us.

As well as losing thousands of paying customers, Roland and Katrien have managed to lose about 10,000 pretend customers as well. Something for the Target 20k Group to look at perhaps.