Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Of the est. 5,000 there last night

edited February 2017 in General Charlton
Out of interest, those that were there last night how would you percentage wise break down the crowd last night based on the following guesstimates on home fans:

East - 500
West - 1,000
North - 2,500

U21?
22-39?
40-59?
Over 60

Can dissect attendances until the cows come home, but it's well known we have an ageing fanbase and perhaps the biggest area of concern is not so much the numbers still going, but the breakdown of those who are Not.

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Out of interest why did you go?

Support the regime's team?
    Meet friends?
    Dance?
    Pie deal?
  • kentred2 said:

Meet friends?
    Dance?
    Pie deal?

It's like eating a hot curry without the pleasure and all the pain afterwards.
  • U21? 10%
    22-39? 25%
    40-59? 35%
    Over 60? 30%
  • Out of interest, those that were there last night how would you percentage wise break down the crowd last night based on the following guesstimates on home fans:

East - 500
    West - 1,000
    North - 2,500

U21?
    22-39?
    40-59?
    Over 60

Can dissect attendances until the cows come home, but it's well known we have an ageing fanbase and perhaps the biggest area of concern is not so much the numbers still going, but the breakdown of those who are Not.

My estimate last night was the west stand support would have fitted into 2 lower west blocks and the north lower into one block. Upper north was pretty sparce.
  • I thoroughly enjoy the crossbar challenge.
  • I heard Wayne Shaw was going to be there.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thoroughly enjoy the crossbar challenge.

haven't been for a while , it's the highlight of going to Charlton for my boys and me , are they still reeling out punters that can't kick a ball properly and get nowhere near the target ??

Enough about our first team , has anyone hit the crossbar yet ?
    Yes, he had football boots on and still sliced it wide of the left hand post. Not that I'd do any better but subs are allowed so if anyone wants 20% of £6k for kicking a football against a cross bar let me know. Otherwise I'm going to ask one of the players.
  • Out of interest, those that were there last night how would you percentage wise break down the crowd last night based on the following guesstimates on home fans:

East - 500
    West - 1,000
    North - 2,500

U21?
    22-39?
    40-59?
    Over 60

I didn't vet every fan in each stand. You should have asked in advance but in the north upper there were quite a few people under 25, at least in proportion to the overall gate.

Now idea of the other stands but I'd guess the North has always had a younger demographic.

Loudests chants (from home fans that is) where "we are shit" and the anti regime songs and before @letthegoodtimesroll and others claim that was the reason we lost they anti song started on 79 mins when the game was already gone.
  • It's desperate. Lower west concourse squeeze, which is the barometer I use to measure how busy it is was very spacious last night, right up till kick off.

I'm just hoping that these are the final symptoms of a dying club ownership and convince them to move on before the club is brought back to life by someone else
  • Surely someone was enticed by Curry Night?

• Chicken Balti Curry (medium hot curry made with garlic, ginger and fresh coriander), served with steamed rice, poppadums and sambals. Iced doughnuts, cupcakes and muffins are available for dessert.

I was almost tempted just to laugh at the sight of the afterthought desert.
  • kentred2 said:

Meet friends?
    Dance?
    Pie deal?

Couldn't tell you. Honestly don't know. Didn't want to go, my Dad wasn't going, seen my brothers at the weekend and seeing them this weekend as well, busy week at work, didn't care if we won or lost.
  • Don't know if they've clocked on to certain people knowing pretty accurately the correlation of the jackpot ticket prize to the through the turnstile crowd.
    Looking at the pics from last night I think £230 is way too big.
    Can a vg member asked how the jackpot prize is calculated. I was expecting about £130 and am sure they are bumping it up to lessen the embarrassment.
  • The closest Crossbar Challenge attempt so far has been the one by a woman, fwiw
  • There seemed to be around 15 - 16 people working in the West Stand catering outlets last night. Even during half time , they were standing around doing absolutely nothing. I wonder if the takings actually covered their wages.

Is there any other football club (or "business") where this could happen?
  • Sponsored links:

• My suggestion is that RD buys a couple of border collies for each stand and uses them to herd all fans in each stand to sit closer together instead of these huge gaps
  • Leuth said:

The closest Crossbar Challenge attempt so far has been the one by a woman, fwiw

That was curb_it with two pints of Pinot.........................oh sorry, wrong Crossbars :smile:
  • Kap10 said:

My suggestion is that RD buys a couple of border collies for each stand and uses them to herd all fans in each stand to sit closer together instead of these huge gaps

That means we'd have to talk to one another. We don't that!

East - 500
    West - 1,000
    North - 2,500

U21?
    22-39?
    40-59?
    Over 60

I didn't vet every fan in each stand. You should have asked in advance but in the north upper there were quite a few people under 25, at least in proportion to the overall gate.

Now idea of the other stands but I'd guess the North has always had a younger demographic.

Loudests chants (from home fans that is) where "we are shit" and the anti regime songs and before @letthegoodtimesroll and others claim that was the reason we lost they anti song started on 79 mins when the game was already gone.
    I wasn't there last night, I was easily waylaid by free booze but I wouldn't excuse the current crop of players for any anti-regime chants. I happen to think we've actually got a talented bunch of players now and they should be delivering convincing results. The fact that they are not is purely down to them and they need to take a good look at themselves and sort it out asap. If they don't know how then KR should take them all down the pub, put his card behind the bar and let them get pissed. They'll soon identify and resolve any issues that are preventing the team firing on all cylinders during the course of the evening.
  • kentred2 said:

Meet friends?
    Dance?
    Pie deal?

You should have asked the question "why did you not go?

Out of interest, those that were there last night how would you percentage wise break down the crowd last night based on the following guesstimates on home fans:

East - 500
    West - 1,000
    North - 2,500

U21?
    22-39?
    40-59?
    Over 60

I wasn't there last night, I was easily waylaid by free booze but I wouldn't excuse the current crop of players for any anti-regime chants. I happen to think we've actually got a talented bunch of players now and they should be delivering convincing results. The fact that they are not is purely down to them and they need to take a good look at themselves and sort it out asap. If they don't know how then KR should take them all down the pub, put his card behind the bar and let them get pissed. They'll soon identify and resolve any issues that are preventing the team firing on all cylinders during the course of the evening.
    A scouser paying for something?
  • Leuth said:

The closest Crossbar Challenge attempt so far has been the one by a woman, fwiw

That was curb_it with two pints of Pinot.........................oh sorry, wrong Crossbars :smile:
    Probably not much of a challenge after that much pinot either.
  • dizzee said:

I heard Wayne Shaw was going to be there.
    Didn't see Wayne Shaw (who ever he is) but definately saw at least 8 Wayne Kers, all wearing red shirts.

• edited February 2017

From the OS.

Tuesday, 21 Feb 2017 Attendance 9,109

The Valley

its been read upside down should be 6016
  • Ransom Road at 7.30 was empty. Nowhere near 9k in there. There was a kerfuffle in NW after the Roland Out chorus.