Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson after Oxford - I know what needs to change

Comments

• Options
    Paddy7 said:

When he signed I felt he was a better appointment than the likely bunch of no-hopers on RD's merry go round (with due respect to Riga). I quite respected what he did on a small budget at MK and was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, arguing on here that his transparent waffle and ott chirpyness might at least serve as a breath of fresh air for those, including players, who bought into it.

What's becoming very clear now is that he's rapidly growing frustrated, and it appears to be with the owner, albeit through thinly veiled references. There are very few managers who haven't asked the chairman for a couple of extra players etc. but now's the time for him to make a decision - either go public with the impossible restraints (and of course risk losing your job) or shut up and get on with the job you surely knew would be hampered by a stubborn moron and his contemptible sidekick.

To say the least, he enjoys speaking publicly and doesn't play his cards close to his chest in the manner of eg Curbs, so if he wants to be taken seriously it's time to spill the beans; in short, what are the problems as he sees them? Despite the woeful sequence of results I haven't personally seen a lack of commitment from the players, yet he's stated that some don't want to play - a serious accusation. Who are they? Leave them out if you really think that, regardless of reputation or value - or have you been told to play them? Although relegation can't be ruled out, it's not likely at this stage, and disinterested apathetic players will surely only drag us further down. One thing our hopelessly inadequate league standing affords him is the freedom to take a few risks, but those decisions must be his - unless we are told what constraints force his selections we will blame him, as we will for the dogged tactical stance.

At a time when he's clearly wavering, he has to decide if he wishes to look on as his reputation withers away or be brave enough to state publicly what / who is really doing the damage. It would almost certainly cost him his job (as would a few more embarrassing results) but might just regain him a lot of respect, and not just from our own fan base. If he understandably chooses to play safe then we could really do without the cryptic insinuations used to explain away the next abject performance.

You've been very vocal in your time with us Karl. How much longer can you back the very people who appear to be making you look foolish? We're all very aware of the off-field issues as we perceive them. We don't though have access to what goes on within your squad. Last night we lost 1-0 at home to another limited but well-drilled team. The uninformed onlooker would observe that they were better organised, better motivated, and deserved winners. Is that the case or are there deeper problems? You tell us Karl...

In my view, despite the bullshit, Karl is desperately waiting for the pay off he took the job for in the first place.

Nobody can manage under Roland and Katrien's regime because they are not allowed to. The mouthpiece and rhetoric is all that changes. Bald Belgian (or was he Dutch?), Crouching Israeli, laundry basket, fat bald Englishman, fat scouser et al it makes no difference. The pay off after a few months and the lack of damage to their reputation within the game as Charlton Athletic is now a known basketcase is why they take the job.
  • Options
    I bloody hate Marmite
  • Options

I've said it before but I genuinely believe that KR thinks he is a lot cleverer than he is and he probably thinks he is liked a lot more than he is.

Same could be said for Katrien Meire. PS I think Roland might have got the message by now that he is 'disliked'. If not, he will do after March 4th.
  • Options
    The one thing I do find fascinating is how Robinson and every other Manager has come in full of hope, "we can get the team going and win the fans round" but then realisation sets in - he's got a threadbare squad with some crocks and lots of youngsters, the best of which will be sold and replaced at a fraction of the cost with more untried or injury prone journeymen.

But they all take the job not just because they have that self belief but because they need the job. And the longer they keep getting sacked and paid off less than six months into the job, the more the position becomes attractive to the unemployed.

Oh God I've just had a thought - Roly wouldn't be so cruel to us to bring back Dowie would he? Or even Pardew!!!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

We sacked our manager and replaced him with a manger who had been sacked from a team doing even worse than us.

What did you expect?

Aaah, but you forget...

We have/had a top six budget unlike his previous club.

Doh !
  • Options
    From what I saw last night it would appear that Congo Chris is running the formations and the subs. Bokta was stripped and ready to come on when he sat down with CC for at least 3minutes getting, cold which is not good and causes hamstring injuries.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This time of the season is when we should be planning for next. Unless Robinson goes now and is replace or is fully backed for next season, we will end up with him being sacked too late for a replacement to build a new squad. And then another underprepared for season.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    KR loves a winger like KF loved a striker. Flood the formation with 'em and hope for the best.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

This time of the season is when we should be planning for next. Unless Robinson goes now and is replace or is fully backed for next season, we will end up with him being sacked too late for a replacement to build a new squad. And then another underprepared for season.

Sadly you use the phrase "build a new squad" as if some serious money will be spent. We all know what RD's idea is of building a new squad and that can be done the week before the season starts.
  • Options
    Why are we playing the exact same formation every week? it obviously doesn't work with the players we have. Part of being a manager is adapting no? not doing the exact same thing over and over again. Slade would have been slaughtered if he was doing this.
    What needs to change for Robinson to succeed is for him to be given a sizeable budget and be aloud to bring in 5 or 6 or 10 new players, and not just loanees. This will not happen. Instead he will be sacked before the end of the season and someone else will be left with yet another rebuilding job.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Sorry mate but this time of the season is when we should be prepared and ready for a promotion push. The squad should be settled, injuries being sorted and everyone knowing what is expected of them. Any planning for next season is a bit premature imo.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Paddy7 said:

When he signed I felt he was a better appointment than the likely bunch of no-hopers on RD's merry go round (with due respect to Riga). I quite respected what he did on a small budget at MK and was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, arguing on here that his transparent waffle and ott chirpyness might at least serve as a breath of fresh air for those, including players, who bought into it.

What's becoming very clear now is that he's rapidly growing frustrated, and it appears to be with the owner, albeit through thinly veiled references. There are very few managers who haven't asked the chairman for a couple of extra players etc. but now's the time for him to make a decision - either go public with the impossible restraints (and of course risk losing your job) or shut up and get on with the job you surely knew would be hampered by a stubborn moron and his contemptible sidekick.

To say the least, he enjoys speaking publicly and doesn't play his cards close to his chest in the manner of eg Curbs, so if he wants to be taken seriously it's time to spill the beans; in short, what are the problems as he sees them? Despite the woeful sequence of results I haven't personally seen a lack of commitment from the players, yet he's stated that some don't want to play - a serious accusation. Who are they? Leave them out if you really think that, regardless of reputation or value - or have you been told to play them? Although relegation can't be ruled out, it's not likely at this stage, and disinterested apathetic players will surely only drag us further down. One thing our hopelessly inadequate league standing affords him is the freedom to take a few risks, but those decisions must be his - unless we are told what constraints force his selections we will blame him, as we will for the dogged tactical stance.

At a time when he's clearly wavering, he has to decide if he wishes to look on as his reputation withers away or be brave enough to state publicly what / who is really doing the damage. It would almost certainly cost him his job (as would a few more embarrassing results) but might just regain him a lot of respect, and not just from our own fan base. If he understandably chooses to play safe then we could really do without the cryptic insinuations used to explain away the next abject performance.

You've been very vocal in your time with us Karl. How much longer can you back the very people who appear to be making you look foolish? We're all very aware of the off-field issues as we perceive them. We don't though have access to what goes on within your squad. Last night we lost 1-0 at home to another limited but well-drilled team. The uninformed onlooker would observe that they were better organised, better motivated, and deserved winners. Is that the case or are there deeper problems? You tell us Karl...

In my view, despite the bullshit, Karl is desperately waiting for the pay off he took the job for in the first place.

Nobody can manage under Roland and Katrien's regime because they are not allowed to. The mouthpiece and rhetoric is all that changes. Bald Belgian (or was he Dutch?), Crouching Israeli, laundry basket, fat bald Englishman, fat scouser et al it makes no difference. The pay off after a few months and the lack of damage to their reputation within the game as Charlton Athletic is now a known basketcase is why they take the job.
    Any manager who takes over under the Belgians has zero credibility.

They have all known what they are letting themselves in for, a quick sacking and pay off.
  • Options
    Charlton boss will appeal Solly red card and accuses ref Ward of “terrible decisions”

Brilliant idea KR you absolute bell end. All that's going to do is get Solly an extra match ban for wasting everybody's time. Yes Ward had a bad game overall. Solly's red card may have been a little harsh but tackles that look rushed or rash or petulant always give the ref a chance to dismiss the assailant, when that ref is a self-important prima donna like last night's ponse the chance of a red is so much higher. Will the authorities exercise some discretion? Do they know what CS is really like? Will they fuck, do they fuck and nor do they care. They'll back up the prissy ref and we'll be another player short for even longer than necessary. Berk.

I know what needs to change

Yes, your fucking record for one. Put a sock in the verbal diarrhoea and concentrate on getting some sort of cohesive performance out of this squad you rate so highly. After getting one performance, maybe try getting another one. You and your ever expending army of coaches must surely have half an idea between you. Frankly if the Bury game isn't dramatically different and drastically better than last night you'll know what to do next. Leave the car keys at reception on your way out.
  • Options
    No manager with any self respect would take on the Charlton job ATM. Powell couldn't put up with it. Riga didn't want it, neither did Nugent. We are an out of control merry go round. It's just a case of who jumps off, or falls off next. Strength of squad, formations etc, are secondary issues. We've had far worse squads in the past, that have punched way above their weight in terms of results. There is zero stability and very little loyalty (Solly & Jacko excepted) even less passion and fight. Very few players want to be here long term and I don't blame any of them. This endless player and manager churn will never end, whilst the philosophy of the regime relies on developing and selling players. We need to rebuild from the bottom up. There are no foundations under this regime, only quick sand.
  • Options

No manager with any self respect would take on the Charlton job ATM. Powell couldn't put up with it. Riga didn't want it, neither did Nugent. We are an out of control merry go round. It's just a case of who jumps off, or falls off next. Strength of squad, formations etc, are secondary issues. We've had far worse squads in the past, that have punched way above their weight in terms of results. There is zero stability and very little loyalty (Solly & Jacko excepted) even less passion and fight. Very few players want to be here long term and I don't blame any of them. This endless player and manager churn will never end, whilst the philosophy of the regime relies on developing and selling players. We need to rebuild from the bottom up. There are no foundations under this regime, only quick sand.

Would totally agree with you except that I would expect 'I'm my own boss' Riga to bite off Roland's hand to be given another gig here (sadly)!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The one thing I do find fascinating is how Robinson and every other Manager has come in full of hope, "we can get the team going and win the fans round" but then realisation sets in - he's got a threadbare squad with some crocks and lots of youngsters, the best of which will be sold and replaced at a fraction of the cost with more untried or injury prone journeymen.

But they all take the job not just because they have that self belief but because they need the job. And the longer they keep getting sacked and paid off less than six months into the job, the more the position becomes attractive to the unemployed.

Oh God I've just had a thought - Roly wouldn't be so cruel to us to bring back Dowie would he? Or even Pardew!!!!

I doubt he even knows who they are, let alone be aware those pair of them have managed us.
  • Options

Analysing his every word is dangerous because he doesn't intend half of what he says and he speaks in anecdotes and cliches all the time. If the players are fed-up with him, another limp performance against Bury and he could be getting a vote of confidence from Meire come Sunday night. I think it would be bonkers to pay him off but if they decide he isn't going to be able to perform miracles with what they give him, then there's no point prolonging the agony and that's what their track record tells you.

Well it looks like Congo Chris is already calling the shots in the Dug Out even if Scouse Karl is 'doing the media' as supposed manager in an act of Meirean (is there such a word) disingenuousness.

Might as well save the salary and give it to Congo Chris officially. Nobody is fooled.
  • Options
    Nothing will change while RD owns the club so its largely irrelevant who the manager is. Congo Chris will probably be equally as bad as KR and after him Nobby Vinegar can have a go.
    I'm past caring who the manager is at present. We are just a f***ing shambles.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    How the hell can you focus on your job as a player when you've got five or six of the management team all putting their two pennyworth in. It seems as if KR likes to surround himself with backroom staff so as to share the decision making which is fair enough the higher up the football pyramid you are and playing for the pot of gold on offer but at L1 level it's a joke!

Another reason could be he's never played at EFL level and likes the comfort of former pros around him so he can concentrate on being the front man.

Correct me if I'm wrong at our most successful when we were at the top table, we had Curbs, Day, Peacock, a goalkeeping coach and Reserve team coach (Gary Stevens or the lad who played for Leeds *Lee Sinnot?).

Far too many cooks spoiling the broth IMO, any decent CEO with a football brain wouldn't allow such a waste of wages.................oh hang on a minute :smirk: .

Edit: *Glyn Snodin
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

How the hell can you focus on your job as a player when you've got five or six of the management team all putting their two pennyworth in. It seems as if KR likes to surround himself with backroom staff so as to share the decision making which is fair enough the higher up the football pyramid you are and playing for the pot of gold on offer but at L1 level it's a joke!

Another reason could be he's never played at EFL level and likes the comfort of former pros around him so he can concentrate on being the front man.

Correct me if I'm wrong at our most successful when we' were at the top table,we had Curbs, Day, Peacock, a goalkeeping coach and Reserve team coach (Gary Stevens or the lad who played for Leeds Lee Sinnot?).

Far too many cooks spoiling the broth IMO, any decent CEO with a football brain wouldn't allow such a waste of wages.................oh hang on a minute :smirk: .

Glyn Snodin?
  • Options

Nothing will change while RD owns the club so its largely irrelevant who the manager is. Congo Chris will probably be equally as bad as KR and after him Nobby Vinegar can have a go.
    I'm past caring who the manager is at present. We are just a f***ing shambles.

Sums things up nicely.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    LenGlover said:

RedChaser said:

Correct me if I'm wrong at our most successful when we' were at the top table,we had Curbs, Day, Peacock, a goalkeeping coach and Reserve team coach (Gary Stevens or the lad who played for Leeds Lee Sinnot?).

Glyn Snodin?
    Cheers Len, think he had brother as well played for Everton just couldn't remember their surname or Christian name come to that :blush:
  • Options
    I know what the problem is but I can't do anything about it just yet....mmmmm, I wonder who he could be referring to!!!!!
  • Options

Give him the summer and see where we are 15 games in. He need to mould HIS team. If things aren't good 15 games in examin the situation then, not now.

We'll be exactly where we have been all season - comfortably numb in 12th place aimlessly going nowhere