Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I don't blame the players.....

.....I blame the owner and that thing who is our CEO. The owner and that thing has brought our club back down again when we should have been a strong firmly established Championship club again looking to challenge the play offs in there. Maybe still under Powelly, maybe under someone else a bit more experienced with Powelly having set firm foundations but the owner and that thing have totally ripped up these foundations and look where we are now. In a position with players under pressure being thrown into the firing line and even more pressure to perform well knowing there isn't the patients that Sir Chris brought. I can also blame that computer geek who needs a haircut who the owner, that thing and himself who thinks he is a good scout watching games online. I don't blame Karl either who is trying his best under the circumstances. I have so much respect for someone like that wanting to put himself into the firing line like that. It is likely he has no paper to wipe his bum with. And all thank to the owner, that thing and computer geek. But no I don't blame the players.

Comments

• Every person has their own limits of ability, and I believe that we are playing at a level which is far higher than the ability of these players, they are simply not good enough.
  • The players don't seem to give a shit.
  • I don't think anyone has blamed the players.

Duchatelet however..........

• I blame the players, a lot of them have been shite all season.

No excusing that Roland and Katrien are the driving force behind this mess but the players and management staff must recognise they too need to take some responsibility.

To be honest with what is above them you can't blame them for feeling that way.
  • I blame the players, some if them looked brilliant last year and just aren't performing.
  • Certain players went through the motions tonight, just doing enough so the average Joe thinks they have played well.

You are not fooling anyone I'm afraid.
  • shirty5 said:

Certain players went through the motions tonight, just doing enough so the average Joe thinks they have played well.

Not once did I say we played well.
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

Certain players went through the motions tonight, just doing enough so the average Joe thinks they have played well.

Not once did I say we played well.
    Correct. Next question?

My last line is in relation to the attitude of certain players who on a decent wage, but are taking the Michael. We can see through it!
  • I blame the players. They get off too light for not giving a stuff. Robinsons mistake was thinking Watt was a footballer.
  • masicat said:

I blame the players. They get off too light for not giving a stuff. Robinsons mistake was thinking Watt was a footballer.

Can you blame them for not giving a stuff with the bell ends upstairs. Ok KM hasn't got a bell end. A couple of bells on her chest.
  • I do. There's nobody else to blame for Crofts' unerring ability to pass to the opposition. That's all on him.

They are professional sportsmen being paid handsomely to do a job to the best of their ability. If they choose not to because of what's going on above them then I do blame them.
  • bobmunro said:

The players don't seem to give a shit.

They are professional sportsmen being paid handsomely to do a job to the best of their ability. If they choose not to because of what's going on above them then I do blame them.
    Agreed - they are capable of better than that piss poor performance last night. At least they didnt have to watch it...
  • I have had a view, which I truly believe, for years...

A manager, any manager, sees his players in training every day. He looks at how they perform, and chooses his team accordingly.

Once those players "cross the white line", the manager's involvement is restricted. He can make 3 substitutions (a 27% change), or maybe ask for a change of formation.

But, if a player who has been performing on the pitch in previous games, and has looked good in training, then plays like dog poo on the pitch during the match, how is that the manager's fault? I used to watch Curbs' bemused expression when someone like Rommerdahl was having a 'mare, and feel nothing but sympathy for him...

Similarly, although not a Mourinho fan, watching players like Hazard going out of their way to get him sacked at Chelsea last season, makes me cringe in anger.

Maybe if players careers could be cut short, like certain managers have, through there own actions, they would act a differently on a football pitch...

so, perhaps we should actually start blaming those responsible for a change. Not managers. Not owners. But the guys earning over inflated wages for kicking an inflated pig's bladder around for 90 minutes on a Saturday. Most of them are probably earning more than their manager is anyway...
  • The performances haven't just been bad they have been gutless and that is down to the players.
  • The performances haven't just been bad they have been gutless and that is down to the players.

I agree that this has been the case sometimes .. Jekyll & Hyde performance all season .. I put a lot of this down to lack of a consistent pattern of play and just rank bad management except perhaps during the all too brief Nugent 'regime'