Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"The Manager is dead. Long live the Manager"

edited February 2017 in General Charlton
Well not quite yet anyway. But, seriously, what decent Manager could/would want to manage us?

Ignoring the three match reign of Nugent, who clearly knew that the job is a poisoned chalice and the totally inept Fraeye, the stats from Roland's 166 match reign rather prove it:

W-D-L (Average points per game)

Powell 4-2-6 (1.17)
Riga 12-8-16 (1.22)
Peeters 7-13-8 (1.21)
Matthew 0-0-1 (0.00)
Luzon 12-9-15 (1.25)
Fraeye 2-4-8 (0.71)
Slade 5-10-6 (1.19)
Nugent 2-1-0 (2.33)
Robinson 3-8-4 (1.13)

So Powell, Riga, Peeters, Luzon, Slade and Robinson have "enjoyed" a remarkably similar average between 1.13 and 1.25 points per game. And if we carry on at that rate we will have just enough to keep us out of the relegation zone. Another season of steady improvement.

The big question on our minds, though, Roland is - "are you now going to 'stick or bust' with Robinson?"

Which is different to the one you are, no doubt, currently asking our dear Katy for the umpteenth time - "how much is it going to cost me this time to sack the Manager?"

I can't help thinking, though, that the laugh is all on you. After all, for such a great businessman, you really do waste a lot of money paying people off. Especially as you could have saved yourself a shed load by not employing such a useless CEO and of course boy head scout in the first place.

The bad news for you though Roland is that you are soon going to run out of players worth enough to sell in order to cover your losses.

So, the answer to my original question the answer has now become obvious. Any Manager who wants three years pay for six months work should apply. Rather like taking Belgian chocolates from a baby.

Comments

• Don't worry because every time we have improved our ranking!

:neutral:
  • jamescafc said:

Don't worry because every time we have improved our ranking!

:neutral:

If you are reading the tables standing on your head
  • I've just realised what RD is doing. We have only had one manager in the last 2 years. It is Dr Who.
  • It feels like a 'Robinson sacked, COL interim manager til end of season' moment is coming,
  • KR spent half the time consulting Congo Chris who appeared to be in control of the tactics lap top, CC he had an ear piece I wonder who was instructing him?
  • Good post Addick Addict - I'm going to nick the stat bit if you don't mind for an email
  • cabbles said:

Good post Addick Addict - I'm going to nick the stat bit if you don't mind for an email

Please feel free.
  • BRING BACK LUZON THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • As i have said before there are hundreds more out there this lot can try...

They can't all be shit can they?
  • Sponsored links:

• As i have said before there are hundreds more out there this lot can try...

They can't all be shit can they?

Yes they can.
  • Great thread title.
  • I think if he loses the next 2 he could well be a out, cue C'Ol with Jacko as assistant......
  • Dansk_Red said:

KR spent half the time consulting Congo Chris who appeared to be in control of the tactics lap top, CC he had an ear piece I wonder who was instructing him?

Our tactics laptop......
  • I thought Nugent was in charge for 3 games, not 2 as stated in the opening post ?
  • I thought Nugent was in charge for 3 games, not 2 as stated in the opening post ?

On investigation I believe that you are correct. Robinson was appointed on Thursday 24th November but actually took charge on Monday 28th November. As we drew the one game in that time it means that Nugent loses his 100% record but it doesn't actually make much difference to Robinson - in fact, after "rounding", his points average is still 1.13 per game.
  • Another part of Robinson's record ...

Wins: 3

Red cards: 5 (arguably should have been 6 if Holmes had been sent off for his shocking challenge against Fleetwood; heaven help us what the count will be if Kettle's in charge on Saturday)

Has club discipline ever been so bad?
  • Another part of Robinson's record ...

Wins: 3

Red cards: 5 (arguably should have been 6 if Holmes had been sent off for his shocking challenge against Fleetwood; heaven help us what the count will be if Kettle's in charge on Saturday)

Has club discipline ever been so bad?

KR will just pass it off as 'banter between the lads', that cheeky chubby scouser.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well not quite yet anyway. But, seriously, what decent Manager could/would want to manage us?

Ignoring the two match reign of Nugent, who clearly knew that the job is a poisoned chalice and the totally inept Fraeye, the stats from Roland's 164 match reign rather prove it:

Powell 4-2-6 (1.17)
    Riga 12-8-16 (1.22)
    Peeters 7-13-8 (1.21)
    Matthew 0-0-1 (0.00)
    Luzon 12-9-15 (1.25)
    Fraeye 2-4-8 (0.71)
    Slade 5-10-6 (1.19)
    Robinson 3-9-4 (1.13)

So Powell, Riga, Peeters, Luzon, Slade and Robinson have "enjoyed" a remarkably similar average between 1.13 and 1.25 points per game. And if we carry on at that rate we will have just enough to keep us out of the relegation zone. Another season of steady improvement.

The big question on our minds, though, Roland is - "are you now going to 'stick or bust' with Robinson?"

Which is different to the one you are, no doubt, currently asking our dear Katy for the umpteenth time - "how much is it going to cost me this time to sack the Manager?"

I can't help thinking, though, that the laugh is all on you. After all, for such a great businessman, you really do waste a lot of money paying people off. Especially as you could have saved yourself a shed load by not employing such a useless CEO and of course boy head scout in the first place.

The bad news for you though Roland is that you are soon going to run out of players worth enough to sell in order to cover your losses.

So, the answer to my original question the answer has now become obvious. Any Manager who wants three years pay for six months work should apply. Rather like taking Belgian chocolates from a baby.

You're missing out Nugent - but don't worry we got rid of him.
  • To put it another way, even with our most effective manager (Luzon), our points total at the end of a 46 match season would be 57.5. That is half a point less than Fleetwood fucking Town have now with 13 games still to play!!
  • sm said:

Well not quite yet anyway. But, seriously, what decent Manager could/would want to manage us?

Ignoring the two match reign of Nugent, who clearly knew that the job is a poisoned chalice and the totally inept Fraeye, the stats from Roland's 164 match reign rather prove it:

Powell 4-2-6 (1.17)
    Riga 12-8-16 (1.22)
    Peeters 7-13-8 (1.21)
    Matthew 0-0-1 (0.00)
    Luzon 12-9-15 (1.25)
    Fraeye 2-4-8 (0.71)
    Slade 5-10-6 (1.19)
    Robinson 3-9-4 (1.13)

You're missing out Nugent - but don't worry we got rid of him.
    I did from the list but stated at the outset that he knew better than to take the job.
  • I think we would have been better off with Anne Robinson
  • Luzon truly was our Alex Ferguson
  • Those stats are grim, especially as we're in a lower division now. Yes the team has been weakened, but we're losing to Oldham and Oxford now, not Hull or Burnley.

One thing Riga did very well in his first spell was prioritising games, getting 3 points in the "winnable" games at the expense of "giving away" the really hard games.

• One thing Riga did very well in his first spell was prioritising games, getting 3 points in the "winnable" games at the expense of "giving away" the really hard games.

All games are hard when you're pony.