Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lowest Point Under RD!

Comments

• Options

A couple of wins and all will look great again, card and discontent comes on the back of a couple of defeats.

You will be fine and go up next season as you will continue to enjoy more investment in your playing side than other Teams in your division.

Sadly, we don't have that luxury.

We are going nowhere under this owner except down. He will never invest more than a paltry sum in the team because he doesn't own us to make us a good football team, he owns us for some weird reasons which have nothing to do with footballing success.
  • Options

A couple of wins and all will look great again, card and discontent comes on the back of a couple of defeats.

You will be fine and go up next season as you will continue to enjoy more investment in your playing side than other Teams in your division.

We are going nowhere under this owner except down. He will never invest more than a paltry sum in the team because he doesn't own us to make us a good football team, he owns us for some weird reasons which have nothing to do with footballing success.
    Is he a 'suitable' owner for your Club?, a resounding 'no'.

Please though correct me if I am wrong but you have spent comparatively speaking more than most in your division?.

I think you need to look more at the Players on good wages than always blame the owner that pays them well.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

You're sodding third in the Championship, reeling in Brighton, playing your best stuff in idk 50 years? Leave us alone
    Leuth said:

You're sodding third in the Championship, reeling in Brighton, playing your best stuff in idk 50 years? Leave us alone
    Leuth said:

We removed a Manager that didn't believe in his Players whatsoever, consistently finding excuses for his own failings for one who believes in his Players. Massive difference.

We are all pulling in the same direction now, I hope you can achieve the same.

• Options

Please though correct me if I am wrong but you have spent comparatively speaking more than most in your division?.

I think you need to look more at the Players on good wages than always blame the owner that pays them well.
    We wouldn't know how much we've spent because everything is 'Undisclosed'.

Please don't blame the players, we watch them much more than you and any idiot can see they are not good enough to get promoted (which is exactly what our CEO said we were aiming for at the start of the season).

There have been dozens of major failings since this regime took over, because they are not competent enough to run a football club, it runs much deeper than what's happened this year. It's three years of neglect.

I've said to you before, please don't come here and pretend you know what's going on with our club, because your comments show that you don't. I would never assume to do that about your club. I might pass comment on a game I watched us play, but beyond that, I'm not a fan, and therefore would have no idea about the minutiae that goes on behind the scenes.
    He's just on here to have a dig at Powell - I have it on good authority though that the success Huddersfield are having is down to Powell laying the foundations that the current manager is reaping the rewards from....
  • Options
    I just took a look at the "other" forum for the first time in perhaps three years and who's there defending the regime? Of course, it's Bexleyboy/Colin. It does seem that nobody else agrees with him which, from what I've heard, is a general change in attitude. I wonder if Nigel Williamson is still spouting the same old tripe that this is an exciting time to be a Charlton fan. Well, last night may have been an exciting time as most fans were probably watching an excellent, entertaining game of Champions League football in the comfort of their living rooms.

I've not posted much recently, I've not seen any point as it's only covering the same ground over and over again. I'm not there to watch the games so can add very little in that regard.

It's been a season of mixed emotions for me, from apathy and disinterest to mild enthusiasm and now downright anger towards the club's owner and now silent management. Sadly a flight to Belgium in early March is not an option for me but I'll be there in spirit.
  • Options
    Fact: Roland owns the club. He has the control over the decision to sell or not. (Unless he dies of course)

The Charlton fans happiness with the club is unfortunately mostly in Rolands hands.

Fact: Most of the fans want Roland out.

Fact: Roland now hates the fans as they have got under his skin via various protests, demonstrations and justified piss taking.

Roland is a rich and also old man that does not NEED money out of Charlton. He is already filthy rich.

We are completely disposable to him. It might not be ideal for him to lose a lot of money from owning us, but his stubbornness is even more important to him. He's a child.

Without making it too obvious, he will stick the knife in and twist it giving the charlton fans hopes.... a slow and painful death. Will probably just stay in league one for a very very long time.
    Excruciatingly boring and dull.
    Just yo-yoing up and down mid table league one.
    Every now and again selling a young star for millions.

I think from here onwards it will probably average out to be a different manager once a year.

All we can do is appreciate the protests in Belgium try and piss him off embarrass him just to even the score a bit.

I might be wrong. Tell me I'm wrong.

I fear that's the reality though.

• Options

Unfortunately it's not come yet. How some people can still defend this regime is beyond me

They will continue to do so though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Sure Roland's put a few quiz into the club, mainly during that first summer (Vetokele comes to mind).

Since then investment has slowly dried up, but the recruitment process is still yet to show signs of improvement after three years. He might as well have pissed his dozen or so million up a wall for over three quarters of those players we spent any kind of sum on.

The suggestion that we blame the players also wears a bit thin when it was Roland's expert team that recruited these players in the first place.
  • Options

I doubt anyone's net spend in this division is lower than us.
  • Options
    The fact we spend close to the most in the division yet are still in the bottom half is a reflection on the management rather than the players IMO.
  • Options
    I was going to comment about this but I'm so depressed I can't even do that. Doesn't bear thinking about how low we could go under this regime.

There, I have commented. Sad.
  • Options

You really do talk some shit. Wind up merchant.
  • Options
    little glance over the odds this morning

source; skybet

150/1 to go down
    16/1 top 6 finish
    18/1 to reach the playoffs (surely this is same as above?)
    1/66 to finish outside the top 6
    4/6 top half finish
    6/5 bottom half finish
    50/1 to win the playoffs
    millwall 1/10 charlton 7/1 afc wimbledon 16/1 highest finishing london team

i know where id be sticking my money.
  • Options
    The fact is, we could have done much better with a smaller budget but with people who were not incompetent spending it! There have been opporunities to push on with a bit of targeted investment at certain times but they don't see or smell them.
  • Options
    The lowest point is yet to come..
  • Options
    Dont think we'll go down this season, next year though its a different matter.

We've not managed to bounce back at the first attempt so belts will be tightened even further
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

source; skybet

150/1 to go down
    16/1 top 6 finish
    4/6 top half finish
    6/5 bottom half finish
    50/1 to win the playoffs

16/1 Top Six and 18/1 Play-offs are not exactly the same, as Top six is places 1-6, whereas Play-offs is places 3-6, so if you bet on Play-offs and we finished 1st or 2nd you would lose your bet.
    Having said that, because of the points difference to the top two, a bet on making the Play-offs would be a better bet than Top Six.
    In either case you would be throwing your money away.
  • Options
    6/5 bottom half finish doesnt look a bad bet...
  • Options
    I don't think we will be relegated simply bacause there are a whole pile of clubs who'd have to accumulate enough to get past us and it won't happen. They will all beat each other and we will pick up another eight or nine points. Next year though could be Armageddon.
  • Options
    The only positive is that JJ can play on another season if we go down to League 2.
  • Options

Comparatively speaking we've spent around -£14,000,000 on players, one of the players we sold went to Huddersfield Town - it was a strange transfer because Huddersfield don't have the 'luxury' of investment that Charlton have.
  • Options
    Whenever we think it can't get worse- it does. More depths are there to be explored.
  • Options
    Went to Wimbledon and Rochdale but not the Oxford match.

I think it must have something to do with the empty Valley. Against Wimbledon and Rochdale you couldn't fault the team for effort and spirit. But the empty Valley must be as dispiriting for the players as it is for the fans.

This isn't a political point at all btw.

There should be more v. Bury, maybe that'll help?

(Clutching at straws here perhaps).
  • Options

Sorry, which Town is that?
  • Options

source; skybet

150/1 to go down
    16/1 top 6 finish

4/6 top half finish
    6/5 bottom half finish
    50/1 to win the playoffs

Not quite. If you finish top two you don't make the playoffs. I know which bet is better value!