Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Oxford - Match Thread (post match from P15)

Comments

• Utter utter dross. Totally one dimensional, give it to a kid and hope he runs past them.

Robinson is a clueless uninspiring knobhead.

4-2-3-1 is a joke. We don't have the players for it so why persist.

If there were 5k in the ground I'd be amazed.

Mavididi is going to be a hell of a player. The rest can all piss off.
  • We have really become an utter shambles. For f***s sake Roland sell up now. Only Holmes & Madividi came out of this game with any credit at all.
  • For everyone slagging Watt and giving him 1/10 in Player Marks, btw - can you explain how the only two bits of incisive passing in the match, both of which should have resulted in goals, were down to him?
  • seth plum said:

P.S.
    JiMMy85 is the highlight of the season so far. A new signing that is actually living up to it's promise.

What position does he play? :wink:
  • Scoham said:
    'some (players) want to play, some don't'; 'we haven't got better throughout the whole season' (I thought Katy that every new manager brought improvement?), 'no cohesiveness, looked like they haven't been coached'; 'we were outplayed'; 'no link between the back 4 and midfield'......

Sounds like the end is nigh
    Don't recall the exact words but the part where he says he can't say what he wants to say was interesting
  • jamescafc said:

Scoham said:
    'some (players) want to play, some don't'; 'we haven't got better throughout the whole season' (I thought Katy that every new manager brought improvement?), 'no cohesiveness, looked like they haven't been coached'; 'we were outplayed'; 'no link between the back 4 and midfield'......

Don't recall the exact words but the part where he says he can't say what he wants to say was interesting
    Comes out with that one quite often from my recollection. At MKD as well. Gobshite.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2017

jamescafc said:

Scoham said:

Comes out with that one quite often from my recollection. At MKD as well. Gobshite.
    Isn't that Sues favourite line?
  • edited February 2017
    Just in. Usual 120 mile round trip - not sure why I bother sometimes. Nervy start. McAleny's shot has improved - seem to remember he'd been coached by Church when he was with us. Mavididi looked dangerous at times and we played some occasional nice stuff that always seemed to end with us passing straight to one of them. Holmes put in a shift but can be a bit headstrong at times. Solly's sending off was down to frustration as he was being pulled all over the place and the ref (who was generally poor) didn't do anything. If Byrne's early shot (that hit the crossbar) had gone in it might have been a different story. Thought Bauer had a better game and we improved after Aribo and Watt came on - mainly down to Aribo as Watt just seems to go through the motions a lot of the time.
  • Bass!,how low can you go.Derby match against Bromley next season.
  • jamescafc said:

Scoham said:

Yeah, it's one of his many catch phrases - if they ever bring back the Fast Show he'll be made
  • Leuth said:

For everyone slagging Watt and giving him 1/10 in Player Marks, btw - can you explain how the only two bits of incisive passing in the match, both of which should have resulted in goals, were down to him?

What, Byrne hitting the bar and Magennis shooting narrowly over after Page's cross? Both in the first half mate, so given he wasn't on the pitch, I don't think they were down to him...

I think that the thing is, other than those two moments or so per game you mention that I admittedly have scant recollection of, we play with 10 men when Watt is on. He's lazy; has lost his touch; he's lazy (yes I've said it twice); is out on the wing where he can't afford to be a Berbatov-style luxury; and he's unfit.
  • Sorry poor quality photos, but just to add to Henry's East stand photo this is the West and North stands just after KO.

We were dire tonight. Holmes may have put in a shift, but looked like a headless chicken as he evidently had no clue to his role. With Robinson uttering the words 'Some don't want to play' what hope is there?

• Sponsored links:

• jamescafc said:

Scoham said:

And also the bit where he says hes heard alot of talk behind the scenes but now wants it backed up....mmmmm,interesting,sounds like the penny has finally dropped eh Karl??
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Decided to stay in and vote with my feet tonight. Last home league game I missed was Spurs in Apr 2007, so nearly ten years. I really enjoyed the Man City v Monaco game on BT, so didn't miss it at all.

Although I'm included in the official attendance, the club will know the true attendance and the number of season ticket stayaways. Last seasons stay-aways became this seasons lapsed season ticket holders, so they will be getting an indication on how many more will not renew next season. If they are bothered, which I very much doubt, they have been served notice. The Restaurant hasn't moved, but the food is shite, the service is shite and the atmosphere is shite, so customers are dwindling away. I wouldn't be surprised if there are cockroaches in the kitchen.

Can the true attendance be disclosed by a FOI request?

Sadly not from the club, as they are not a public authority and, so, not covered by the legislation.

If, however, the Metropolitan Police are informed of the actual attendance by the club, and they "hold" a record of this, then a request can be made to them. I'd be very surprised if they could justifiably withhold the information if they did hold it. I may be being overly optimistic that they will hold this information, but I would have thought it was needed for security and health and safety reasons.

If someone was really cunning, they could make a request for all attendances from the start of the 2013-2014 season, it'd be interesting to plot a graph of the regime's success.

If that cunning person was involved with other supporters' groups, they might consider making a suggestion that it be the kind of information (for all football grounds) that should be made available under Open Data (I think the website to look at would be www.data.gov.uk)
    OK. I've got my instructions.

Seriously, you've made some interesting suggestions there, and I will give it a go, but it will take a while.

Just to say, Open Data is about reusable datasets (to help encourage development of apps etc.), but if the dataset was for actual attendances it should be relatively easy to make sense of it - and supporters' groups could use the information to help provide almost real time attendance analysis for campaigning. Media might find the data useful too.
  • Depends on your interpretation, but Robinson's interview feels to me like a gripe about the CEO/owner:

"What I wanna say, I don't think I can say. I have to keep certain things to myself. I just need to be careful what I say."

"I've heard a lot of talking, for a while, internally, and it's got to start to be backed up now."

"It's about bringing in a number of players. I know the players, exactly the type of players."

"This whole team is where it is, for the whole season. So before me, and now, it's not got any better."

Interesting.

I listened to that and thought he was talking about the players.

Maybe he is about to give both barrells to Daisy.

I'd have more respect for him if he did.
  • I was going to write something about the game, but was overcome by apathy. If Charlton can't be bothered, why should I?

I'm off to bed. Hope I don't have nightmares about that godawful game.
  • I thought Robinson said the right things in the interview and like his honesty. It doesn't really matter though does it?
  • PaddyP17 said:

Leuth said:

For everyone slagging Watt and giving him 1/10 in Player Marks, btw - can you explain how the only two bits of incisive passing in the match, both of which should have resulted in goals, were down to him?

What, Byrne hitting the bar and Magennis shooting narrowly over after Page's cross? Both in the first half mate, so given he wasn't on the pitch, I don't think they were down to him...

I think that the thing is, other than those two moments or so per game you mention that I admittedly have scant recollection of, we play with 10 men when Watt is on. He's lazy; has lost his touch; he's lazy (yes I've said it twice); is out on the wing where he can't afford to be a Berbatov-style luxury; and he's unfit.
    Cutback to Holmes who decided to try to win a penalty rather than shoot, and wonderful little scoop to Magennis who could have headed it first-time but brought it down and got crowded out by the keeper