Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Oxford - Match Thread (post match from P15)

Comments

• Genuinely scared of relegation now. This could easily turn into a slide we can't arrest. Ohh the irony if our terrible form is what keeps Russell Slade's Coventry up.

If it doesn't happen this season it could easily next. Especially with the Chris O'laughable Thomas Driesen dream team overseeing our summer transfer business
  • Wasn't there .. was surprised at the selection .. Botaka scores for the first time in a blue moon on Saturday .. so leave him out .. Watt puts in a good shift on Saturday .. so leave him out .. we were dire at Oldham, decent at Rochdale and presumably rubbish tonight although the BBC stats indicate quite an even game ..
    that's the last chance for a play off spot gone, Oxford could well push on to get in the top six ..
    I just hope that for the rest of the season the squad does not down tools .. there are a lot of games to play and the paying customers deserves some respect and reward for watching some of the rubbish laid before them this season
    Robinson ? .. shut the fuck up or resign .. put more effort into getting the team in decent order and less in talking a load of stream of conscience tosh which is embarrassing for you and infuriates all who have to listen to it ..

I wonder what show will be put on against Bury and Shrewsbury, teams who are making a decent fist against relegation .. don't forget to tune in folks
  • Just got in.

Got exactly what we deserved.

Our main "tactic" seemed to be give it to Mavididi and let him run at them which was such a terrible idea but that was pretty much it.

We made Connor fucking McAleny look good that was how bad we were bar the first five mins of the 2nd half.

Game was as good as over when Solly dived in. It looked bad to me from the Covered End but maybe a yellow another day.

Robinson booed off and didn't look up or clap the few fans left. Clueless.

Under 10k and barely more than Millwall and that's the official gate not the turnstile count.

This was the east stand just after kick off.

Approx 650-680 in that pic. Pretty grim.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Decided to stay in and vote with my feet tonight. Last home league game I missed was Spurs in Apr 2007, so nearly ten years. I really enjoyed the Man City v Monaco game on BT, so didn't miss it at all.

Although I'm included in the official attendance, the club will know the true attendance and the number of season ticket stayaways. Last seasons stay-aways became this seasons lapsed season ticket holders, so they will be getting an indication on how many more will not renew next season. If they are bothered, which I very much doubt, they have been served notice. The Restaurant hasn't moved, but the food is shite, the service is shite and the atmosphere is shite, so customers are dwindling away. I wouldn't be surprised if there are cockroaches in the kitchen.

Can the true attendance be disclosed by a FOI request?

Sadly not from the club, as they are not a public authority and, so, not covered by the legislation.

If, however, the Metropolitan Police are informed of the actual attendance by the club, and they "hold" a record of this, then a request can be made to them. I'd be very surprised if they could justifiably withhold the information if they did hold it. I may be being overly optimistic that they will hold this information, but I would have thought it was needed for security and health and safety reasons.

If someone was really cunning, they could make a request for all attendances from the start of the 2013-2014 season, it'd be interesting to plot a graph of the regime's success.

If that cunning person was involved with other supporters' groups, they might consider making a suggestion that it be the kind of information (for all football grounds) that should be made available under Open Data (I think the website to look at would be www.data.gov.uk)
    I would imagine that the Police and also the Ambulance service (who have an officer and I believe a radio operator in the control room) would need to know should an incident happen while the gates are open.

• Genuinely scared of relegation now. This could easily turn into a slide we can't arrest. Ohh the irony if our terrible form is what keeps Russell Slade's Coventry up.

If it doesn't happen this season it could easily next. Especially with the Chris O'laughable Thomas Driesen dream team overseeing our summer transfer business

It might not happen this year, although it's not out of the question, but with Roland as owner it's just a matter of time.
  • Seems I might see them at Yeovil next season, - wow!
  • edited February 2017
    Just in, pathetic display devoid of anything.

The system KR insists on is not working, we did look slightly better when he did eventually changed to 424 until Solly was sent off.

I've decided Baur is shit, the whole team is not worthy of wearing the shirt other than Mivididi or whatever his name is. Have we got anybody with any bottle, strength or a brain in the team.

F of Roland and take Daisy and the scouser with you , clueless the lot of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Witless prick manager stuffing the team with shameless charlatan passengers. Which is precisely what the owner deserves. Our problem is we pay to attend in the hope it might be different.
  • Absolute pathetic result......Roland out.
  • Crofts should be paying everyone £5 if they attend on Saturday. Worst performance ever. Our pass success rate to Oxford players was higher than to our own team.
  • The lack of discipline amongst our players is alarming and it's all brought on by the little mistakes they make. Solly should know better, Forster Caskey looked like he could have been on edge and again Holmes lost the ball a couple of times and looks like he was going to take his anger out on one of the opposition. We were outplayed pretty much for most of the game tonight. I am struggling to keep my composure I am so f***** off. The owners need to sell and soon.
  • Just got in, shocking performance, not going to be a fun end to the season I fear...
  • Barring 5 minute spell in 2nd half we played like a team of strangers. Got what we deserved
  • At least there is a bit of excitement in a relegation battle. Mid table is so boring...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2017
    JiMMy 85 said:

Long to Josh, they clear, Tex heads it badly and another throw in to them. It's like the pitch is leaning, like that scene in Flash Gordon when the floor moves around.

Byrn brings it forward to Crofts, he ventures forward, nice ball but doesnt work. They clear. They keep trying to find Martinez and keep failing. Josh was nearly through just now but not quite.

Oxford keep winning second balls. JFC wins a header, they keep getting it back. Josh gets it bac, to Byrne, back to solly, down the line to Crofts, into the box, crosses, but they clear. Just.

Official attendance is 9k!!!!

Perfectly understandable. Four thousand came through the turnstiles, realised how crap we would be and left immediately.
  • Didn't know we were playing till half 9 when the missus surrendered the remote, glad I missed it by the sound of it, terrible.
  • Had to go through charlton tonight to see a relative at queen Elizabeth got the 486 from 02 and went through charlton about 6.45ish unless I was a charlton fan I would not know there was a game on tonight, smattering of people walking about more like commuters and pubs were empty, we've had shit managers before but this jumped up little fucker think he's good that's the problem. I'm sick of his bullshit comments and the players have to have some blame?, haven't seen it but sounds like a stupid red by Chris which isn't what we need, watt is getting pelted despite having good marks in the games he's played since coming back, playoffs as always aren't over but I think we have more chance of being involved in a relegation scrap tbh, the club is dwindling and it's fucking sad I remember not too many years ago the streets would be busy, the pubs would be busy but all gone now cheers Roland you massive cock, hope people come back once he's gone, but I think a lot won't people get used to not going and do other stuff.
  • The fans have some home truths for you pal. Makes me chuffing laugh the crap he comes out with.