Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RD selling: What will be the straw that breaks the camels back?

I think it will be two or three seasons of mediocrity in League One. After all of his managerial changes (and there will be more over the next couple of years), umpteen player loans and back room shuffles he might just think "why am I bothering?".

He wont have a Lookman every season to help cover his losses. In fact if we go a season or two without a big youth player sale the impact of the money hes losing might finally register.

I dont think we are capable of being promoted under RD, he will never give the manager the support he needs to do it. Small squads never win leagues and thats the thing that could lead to a prolonged spell in L1.

Comments

• We're for sale now, he won't be in charge within a year. He'll go in the summer IMO.
  • J BLOCK said:

We're for sale now, he won't be in charge within a year. He'll go in the summer IMO.

If only.
  • we've been for sale for a few months, whatever he or Meire say in public, problem is finding someone to pay the asking price.
  • Well I hope that's true about us being for sale, I think the protests in Belgium may get him to sell sooner, I wish all the lovely people going next week a safe journey.
  • Death and the family divvy up the bits they want or don't.
  • The only thing we can be certain of is that we have to keep putting the straws on to find out.
  • Originally, I thought he'd only stick with it for a year in League One. Just make one attempt to get the club promoted back to the Championship so that a better price could be obtained in a sale. But of course, he couldn't help himself and refused to pay for a team that could get promoted. Pennywise and pound foolish, that's Roland.
  • Hi all, I've had a bit of time on my hands so have been reading different forums to find out others viewpoints. Can anyone please tell me if the rumours about the club being up for sale are true? Others are saying its 100% not.
    My educated guess is no-one really knows, and we are just going to have to put up with him until he decides its time to go, however by then we could be in the PL but more likely in the Vanarama!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Hi all, I've had a bit of time on my hands so have been reading different forums to find out others viewpoints. Can anyone please tell me if the rumours about the club being up for sale are true? Others are saying its 100% not.
    My educated guess is no-one really knows, and we are just going to have to put up with him until he decides its time to go, however by then we could be in the PL but more likely in the Vanarama!!

I was told at Gillingham A, that the club was being hawked around the City to find a buyer, so it depends who you believe.

I was told at Gillingham A, that the club was being hawked around the City to find a buyer, so it depends who you believe.
    Thanks @Covered End , on my travels around the world its good to try and keep up with what is actually happening, to be honest I was told sometime ago that he is hawking the club around the City, but nothing has been confirmed one way or the other. It seems to me, as a far away observer now, that 2 or 3 different forums say he is looking to sell, and at least one other saying its not for sale. Out here in Malaysia its not easy to decipher who is right/wrong, but what you have said matches what I had heard, and I have good friends in the City which is where I worked for a few years. However I was keeping my confidence on it.
  • It does beg the question why it's not sold if they are actively looking to off load it.

If it just comes down to money then I guess we will find out just how keen the, potential, buyers are. Some of them will not have enough and some of them might want to get the club on the 'cheap'.

One thing's for certain, it will flush out those that were publicly saying they wanted a meeting to discuss a take over. Ultimately it will become apparent if their requests were realistic or just speculative on the basis that they were hoping for a fire sale as the fans were unhappy.
  • It will be the outcome of the final BREXIT agreement with europe.
  • It does beg the question why it's not sold if they are actively looking to off load it.

If it just comes down to money then I guess we will find out just how keen the, potential, buyers are. Some of them will not have enough and some of them might want to get the club on the 'cheap'.

One thing's for certain, it will flush out those that were publicly saying they wanted a meeting to discuss a take over. Ultimately it will become apparent if their requests were realistic or just speculative on the basis that they were hoping for a fire sale as the fans were unhappy.

Is that comment aimed at Peter Varney ??

I would imagine any interested party will pay what it's currently worth rather than getting it "on the cheap" however it seems likely Roland is looking to recoup his outlay from the beginning which is ain't gonna happen. The crux is how keen is Roland to sell.
  • edited February 2017

The club is definitely up for sale. Unfortunately the asking price is refective of the lunatics who have taken over the asylum.

Protests in his own backyard will upset him, he doesn't like it and the fact he only ever reacts to news in Belgium proves this point.

I actually think the most telling point is the fact that Meire has effectively been silenced in the public domain. The PR people have sussed her and they nonfor as long as she is opening her mouth in public the clubs reputation and value will continue to plummet.

Isn't there a cheaper way to fix that!
  • If it's for sale then it's only on his terms which means that it's "for sale" at a ridiculous price that no one is going to pay. Effectively it's not for sale.
  • He will die eventually and I assume his family will want rid.
    He is a deluded arrogant old fool who thinks he knows better than everyone else - surprised he wasn't more successful in politics given his personality.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2017

When somebody abducts him, duct tapes a couple of concrete slabs to him and then throws him in The Thames.

*good luck with getting him to London though.

• The final straw will be Daisy telling him that she doesn't want to play at football any more.
  • Whenever our inept CEO decides to call it a day and decides she wants a new challenge.
  • A new Challenge! I think she is unemployable.
  • A new Challenge! I think she is unemployable.

She'd be ideal as a contestant on The Apprentice.
  • Aribo and Konsa sold as the only real profitable players left in the summer and RD sells up. That's my theory.

Is that comment aimed at Peter Varney ??
    It's not aimed at anyone in particular. Clearly Peter Varney was looking for a meeting, but there have been suggestions that there were other interested parties.

What will happen is that meetings will take place (I presume) and the outcome of those meetings will confirm which of those interested parties are able to meet the asking price (irrespective as to if it is the same as quoted at the start of the discussion) and which are not. Then any potential buyers that can afford the 'minimum' asking price will have to decide if they are still interested in proceeding with acquiring the club.

I know some things are never dead (like the Andy Delort thread) but if it is established that none of the interested parties can agree terms then I suspect that they will stop asking for meetings to discuss buying the club.

I am aware of the fact that the club refused to meet with Peter Varney but this just confirms that neither the club, nor Varney's clients, know if the offer that was available was close to the asking price.

Just because RD and/or KM want to sell the club doesn't mean that their valuation of it (as unrealistic as it might seem to us) is going to tempt anyone to proceed with a purchase. It's not for us to decide what the club is worth. Clearly most (if not all) football clubs have no real value as so few of them, actually, make any money. Without knowing why someone (anyone) would buy a business that losses many millions of pounds a year it is difficult to calculate it's value and at the end of the day the only number that matters is the minimum sale price, as RD clearly can afford to bankroll the club for decades.

I know this is a little off topic but I have said before that it would be controversial if the protests, and those behind them, were motivated to force the club to be sold for less than it is worth, especially if the buyer is known to those organising the protests. I know that the value is debatable but I still think that the owner of a business is entitled to decide how much someone has to pay to purchase his property.
  • Well I hope that's true about us being for sale, I think the protests in Belgium may get him to sell sooner, I wish all the lovely people going next week a safe journey.

I think the Liar said the club wasn't for sale, which as we all know, means it must be.
  • When he realises his social experiment isn't working and that it can never work without funding the squad properly.
    That is something he will not contemplate as it would be seen as admitting his plan had failed.
    He will then come to the conclusion that it isn't worth all the hassle and sell.

Sooner the better