Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall dragging football back to the 1970s

Comments

• DA9 said:

I watched it on the kodi box, majority spent the whole game looking towards and goading the Leicester fans with the Nescafé handshake, but the press make it all up and treat them unfairly apparently.

The majority? I was there. Im sorry but that's just utter bo***cks.
  • This weekend has been an absolute classic, seen chelsea,arsenal and Everton fans tagging themselves in at the den, then people that never go ( apart from charlton home match ) with this belter of a status:

Spurs away have it you fucking yid c***s same old Tottenham always running

Actually feel a bit for millwall good fans think there are some as the crowd at the valley certainly weren't the usual type, as this type of behaviour is going to end up in reduced ticket amounts.

That behaviour at the weekend was an embarassament, selfies on the pitch, birds giving it, had a FORMER mate at the game constant snapchat/Facebook live videos of him swearing at Leicester fans, and the last thing what the fuck is this

Worlds biggest small club doesn't make sense.

Fixed that for you ph.
  • edited February 2017
    Don't know what everyone's moaning about. Everyone knows what a fantastic club they are on here from the last thread we had about granny of the year.

Fuck em all
    Fuck em all
    Millwall, millwall
  • This weekend has been an absolute classic, seen chelsea,arsenal and Everton fans tagging themselves in at the den, then people that never go ( apart from charlton home match ) with this belter of a status:

Spurs away have it you fucking yid c***s same old Tottenham always running

Actually feel a bit for millwall good fans think there are some as the crowd at the valley certainly weren't the usual type, as this type of behaviour is going to end up in reduced ticket amounts.

That behaviour at the weekend was an embarassament, selfies on the pitch, birds giving it, had a FORMER mate at the game constant snapchat/Facebook live videos of him swearing at Leicester fans, and the last thing what the fuck is this

Worlds biggest small club doesn't make sense.

Fixed that for you ph.
    cheers pal
  • edited February 2017

DA9 said:

I watched it on the kodi box, majority spent the whole game looking towards and goading the Leicester fans with the Nescafé handshake, but the press make it all up and treat them unfairly apparently.

Nah he's right mate, because he spent 90 minutes streaming a Millwall game and watched Blocks 19 & 20 rather than watching the game. Of course the camera crew were constantly trained on those blocks too and never followed the ball.
  • I thought you lot don't care?
  • thats quality
  • someone got out of bed the wrong side @Sparrows Lane Lion
  • Been reported to the FA by Leicester.
  • Sponsored links:

• What, the vest? ;)

and the fine specimen of manhood in it.

Leicester have complained they and their fans were intimidated from when they arrived until they left. Details on the Beeb..
  • DA9 said:

Nah he's right mate, because he spent 90 minutes streaming a Millwall game and watched Blocks 19 & 20 rather than watching the game. Of course the camera crew were constantly trained on those blocks too and never followed the ball.
    salt of the earth.
  • What, the vest? ;)

Leicester have complained they and their fans were intimidated from when they arrived until they left. Details on the Beeb..
    Bless them. Wonder if they would have done the same if they had won?
    Intimidated? FFS.
  • Been reported to the FA by Leicester.

Who will do nothing.
    Because from what I can make of it, nothing happened.
  • What, the vest? ;)

and the fine specimen of manhood in it.

As honest as that statement probably is, it's hard to feel too sorry for Leicester fans because 1. most clubs fans have had that treatment at the Den one year or another and 2. they're hardly angels themselves. Christ, Filbert Street could be dodgy as f**k and I believe they had a big mob out themselves for this game.

Not that it excuses any of the behaviour going on, but I just find it hard to feel too sorry for certain clubs fans in these situations.
  • At least they are all in one place eh? The scamps!
  • I have been to the Den several times, and every time when I have looked over to my left during the game, a not inconsiderable number of people are looking straight back at me, no matter where the ball is on the pitch. Sorry SLL, the people who congregate in that corner are nearly all there for reasons that have nothing to do with football.

Does it matter? Most Millwall fans will have done a stint in Block 18 at one stage of their lives, normally between 14-21 years of age. There are exceptions to this of course.

You had your own contingent standing at the front of the upper tier who spent most of the game trading insults with them, so hardly unique to us.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have been to the Den several times, and every time when I have looked over to my left during the game, a not inconsiderable number of people are looking straight back at me, no matter where the ball is on the pitch. Sorry SLL, the people who congregate in that corner are nearly all there for reasons that have nothing to do with football.

I was amongst that lot when we played them a couple of months back. You are spot on with that description.
    It might only be a minority, my friends who I went with pass for normal despite supporting that club, (although they can and do revert to type given the right circumstances on occasion), so I know they are not all knuckle dragging morons. Maybe the minority is quite large minority, compared to other clubs percentage wise and grows when they play a high profile match.
  • the 2 blocks nearest the away end are where the more noisy/volatile fans sit but i think football should be like that, leicester are hardly angels and there was a lot of them at the game, either way the scenes on Saturday shouldn't happen, and the 13 year olds giving it berty big bollocks to everyone wouldnt of been so brave had someone got hold of them, the throwing of objects is stupid as you have no idea who your hitting. the pitch invasion is a step too far imo, you beat a very poor performing premier league side, pitch invasions are for winning the league, a non league side getting within 1 game of wembley, getting to semi finals etc, seems with millwall its once a season and a bit embarassing as it was done last season after getting past bradford and we all know how that ended.
  • edited February 2017
    I wouldn't be too bothered about the fact they're going on a run. People only really seem to be talking about them for all the wrong reasons considering what happened after the game.

Just like at Wembley the other year when they started fighting each other - they will always show themselves up in a bad light no matter what happens on the pitch.

They will then blame the media or whoever else for portraying them the wrong way, but then totally contradict themselves by singing about them not caring that no one likes them.

• remember Leicester at Upton Park when about 9,000 of them turned up but we beat them 2-0 to spoil their promotion party. Not too much sympathy for them after that day.
  • and they say they laugh at charlton fans,

onslow is his vest is giving me a chuckle
  • I didn't even know they still made string vests. Where would you get one??

Ridley Road Market
  • remember Leicester at Upton Park when about 9,000 of them turned up but we beat them 2-0 to spoil their promotion party. Not too much sympathy for them after that day.

Remember the game well (absolutely blazing hot that day and the bit of magic from David Whyte, Whyte, Whyte RIP) but didn't see any trouble personally?

• Profane, intimidatory, or oafish behaviour must of course never be tolerated, let alone encouraged. But let's be honest chaps: attending WHL as a visiting supporter is a grim experience, that charmless concrete hulk has almost as much appeal as the staff and stewards present to "assist" visitors. I can't think of a host or venue more deserving of the millwall support on a big day out intent on having it large. They deserve each other. So long as Tottenham edge past them on the pitch, maybe after a replay to best compromise millwall's league progress.
  • I take full responsibility!
    This is now all they are left with.
    I'm sure I confiscated that string vest though, I use it to stick the hay in for the goats.
    He must have saved up for a new one.
    Bless.