Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IPL 2017

The auction in Bangalore saw the rise of England players in that several were snapped up .

To put things into some perspective, Ben Stokes was bought for a record $1.7m , Tymal Mills went for 1.4m (gulp, especially as he could break down after 1 over), whereas Chris Jordan was bought for 60k !.

Woakes, Roy, Morgan, Buttler and Billings will all be playing too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/39025307

Comments

• edited February 2017
    I notice Adil Rashid got overlooked.
  • That Mills contract will make a lot of quicker bowlers evaluate the worth of test cricket. Why risk breaking down when you can spare your body and earn that much money?
  • Is that the money they are paid for their stint out there ??
  • I notice Adil Rashid got overlooked.

Was Rashid available? Didn't see him on the unsold list.

Hales and Bairstow were unsold amongst quite a lot of Australians.
  • edited February 2017
    Stephen Fleming's reaction to his team winning Stokes' contract says it all!
    Stephen Fleming's reaction to his team winning Stokes' contract says it all!

Have they got history or is it a ginger thing?
  • It's a 'wildly inconsistent in T20 cricket' thing

Almost worth it for his fielding though
  • Does this money all go to the player?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes, provided he plays the whole tournament.

I think England have some games so he might not.
  • GRAY9 said:

Yes, provided he plays the whole tournament.

You are right. If his team gets to the final he will miss that one. Still, not a bad payday though.
  • Couldn't agree more. KP was dropped by his team and then became unavailable due to playing "so much" during the winter and wanting more time with his family. He must have played a dozen games in the last year!

The guy is a mercenary of the highest order and had he had one sniff of an IPL team wanting him he would have been there. But his time has been and gone. He will still come off occasionally but he is a liability in the field (which is why he isn't on it much).

Having said that, I wouldn't mind betting that we see him in the commentary box at some point. In which case I will turn the sound down.
  • Stokes quoted in the Times today .. stating the bleedin obvious .. 'this is life changing'

Mills has stated recently that in future he intends to only play only 20/20

Rashid ? .. what team would really fancy him .. dodgy bowler, neither a big hitter or an especially good fielder ?

Anyone know who Stoke's nemesis Braithwaite signed for, if any team ?
  • pettgra said:

GRAY9 said:

Yes, provided he plays the whole tournament.

You are right. If his team gets to the final he will miss that one. Still, not a bad payday though.
    Wouldnt mind betting that should his team get to the final that the powers that be will let him play in it- after all, its only the England camp in Spain which starts 2 days after the final.