Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jorge Teixeria wants more playing time

Comments

• Well, duh! Purely a space filler.
  • I really like Jorge...

He's our best Centre-Back and reckon only Michael Morrison is one of few better CBs we've had in recent year.
  • "The Portuguese defender was frozen out under previous Addicks boss Russell Slade but had been brought back into the first-team picture by successor Karl Robinson."
  • I know he is a centre back, but it woud be interesting to see how his goals per appearances stack up aganst all of our other players! This is is a side full of missers!
  • I really like Jorge...

He's our best Centre-Back and reckon only Michael Morrison is one of few better CBs we've had in recent year.

TBH, Fanni and Jason Pearce all spring to mind as well

• edited February 2017
    Goal Scorers with 3 or more goals this season (in all competitions)

Josh Magennis (8) | Ricky Holmes (5) | Johnnie Jackson (4) | Jorge Teixeira (3) | Patrick Bauer (3) |

Ademola Lookman (7) | Nicky Ajose (7)
  • Surely our highest paid player should be in the show window as well?

The only way to get someone to buy him and take his wages of our books is for him to perform and impress a suitor. It would have made entire sense to have played him in the first half of the season, with the aim of finding a buyer in January. There are plenty of desperate Championship clubs with wealthy owners, who'd overspend in January in order to try and avoid relegation
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2017

Surely our highest paid player should be in the show window as well?

The only way to get someone to buy him and take his wages of our books is for him to perform and impress a suitor. It would have made entire sense to have played him in the first half of the season, with the aim of finding a buyer in January. There are plenty of desperate Championship clubs with wealthy owners, who'd overspend in January in order to try and avoid relegation

Yes and that is why Pinochio has cut off her nose to spite her face in this particular set of circumstances :wink:
  • iainment said:

Goal Scorers with over 3-goals this season (in all competitions)

Josh Magennis (8) | Ricky Holmes (5) | Johnnie Jackson (4) | Jorge Teixeira (3) | Patrick Bauer (3) |

3 isn't over 3.
    Amended for the pedantic ;)
  • In a low scoring team, Tex's goal threat should make him an automatic pick. I think he also got a couple when he played for the U23s earlier this season and clearly knows how to sniff out the 2nd balls in the box. Decent enough defender to make it a no-brainer.

If and when Pearce comes back, I wonder if we could play a back three?
  • Simonsen said:

If and when Pearce comes back, I wonder if we could play a back three?

My concern with that idea is if the Wing-Backs get caught out, it leaves Bauer | Teixeira | Pearce almost exposed, Lee Gregory proved for Millwall at the Valley how slow two of them are and dont remember Pearce being much quicker.
  • We are fortunate to have 4 very decent centre backs for this level. Pearce is injured so that's eased the headache slightly. There isn't a lot to choose between Tex, Bauer and Konsa. But realistically Konsa is going to be sold for millions so the ethos of the club means he is more likely to play to get in the shop window.

Bauer is hopefully going to be with us for a while so is getting quality time in.

Tex can't seem to attract a suitor (which I find ridiculous) so is just making things awkward for the gaffer really.

No harm in it all - competition for places is good.
  • Play Tex up front with Josh!
  • Swisdom said:

We are fortunate to have 4 very decent centre backs for this level. Pearce is injured so that's eased the headache slightly. There isn't a lot to choose between Tex, Bauer and Konsa. But realistically Konsa is going to be sold for millions so the ethos of the club means he is more likely to play to get in the shop window.

Bauer is hopefully going to be with us for a while so is getting quality time in.

Tex can't seem to attract a suitor (which I find ridiculous) so is just making things awkward for the gaffer really.

No harm in it all - competition for places is good.

Oh I reckon there are plenty of clubs that want him (Just look at the amount of clubs he's played for)

Just none want to fork out the type of wage he's on, nor will he want to take a pay cut when he can see out a further 3-years with us.
  • I prefer Bauer and Pearce, but while Pearce is out it is strange how he doesn't start. His defending is very dodgy at times
  • Sponsored links:

• it's all been written above .. Tex must be a starter .. Konsa should never start in central defence again, or at least not until he is bigger and physically stronger .. he's a great prospect but at the present as a midfielder or full/wing back
  • iainment said:

Goal Scorers with over 3-goals this season (in all competitions)

3 isn't over 3.
    Amended for the pedantic ;)
    Why thank you.
  • I don't think Konsa gets bullied about that much considering he's new to the first team squad and is still learning and developing. He certainly isn't directly at fault for goals like Bauer has been...and he doesn't pick up unnecessary cards like Bauer has.

I've seen a few comments about Konsa on Twitter where people say he shouldn't even be in the first team squad - personally I think he is an incredible talent and another extremely likeable and humble lad.
  • edited February 2017
    I think it probably isn't just wages but the length of contract given his age - He is a decent player, but I was a bit shocked when we signed him for that length.

I rate Konsa very highly, and he will go on to have a great career - but at thi smoment in time, you have to play Tex - if as I have said before - it is just for his goals.
  • edited February 2017
    RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

I don't think Konsa gets bullied about that much considering he's new to the first team squad and is still learning and developing. He certainly isn't directly at fault for goals like Bauer has been...and he doesn't pick up unnecessary cards like Bauer has.

I've seen a few comments about Konsa on Twitter where people say he shouldn't even be in the first team squad - personally I think he is an incredible talent and another extremely likeable and humble lad.

Not sure if you were at the game Saturday but it looked like he was targeted, bullied call it what you want, which if your a hardened pro striker at L1 level you're not going to let a young lad have an easy ride. I'm not doubting his ability or potential but it's all a learning process for him as he matures fully. Had he not gone off I personally don't think we would have got anything from the game but of course there would then have been a completely different set of dynamics.
    a perfect summary and I entirely agree
  • Put yourself in Robinson's shoes - you have commented on lack of goals - you know Tex is one of the few players we have who knows where the goal is - it has to be outside influence. Getting anybody to admit to it will be harder though. Maybe the best source will be Robinson's eyes if he is asked the question!