Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League One next season....

On current standings, a few enticing local trips on the horizon...

Wigan
Blackburn
Rotherham

Doncaster
Plymouth
Carlisle

Shoot me now :-(

Comments

• That's alright. First two are only about 10 minutes from mine...
  • I'm in but I'll give Plymouth a miss :wink:
  • I am leaning towards us cementing our place as league one stalwarts.....

That's alright ... Party round at Leroy Ambrose's Gaff
  • edited February 2017
    Potentially Rochdale Oldham and Bury again.

Trying to be positive I can't see Rotherham challenging next season, Burton won't be near the top if they come down.
  • Dont forget... Without Carlisle in our League... WE CANT BE PROMOTED!!

Dont forget... Without Carlisle in our League... WE CANT BE PROMOTED!!

I don't think we'll be too concerned on that score.
  • There will be change, most likely one of Wigan or Blackburn will end up surviving, there's always twists and turns, can see one of them going, whilst another going down instead.

The three mentioned in League Two I believe will stay the same, but see the promoted team from the play-offs, being one from down south.

Then you have the current top 5 in our league now are all from up north, whilst whoever finishes 6th is likely to be from down south.

The teams fighting relegation are mainly from up north, with a couple of exceptions. Coventry and Chesterfield I believe are gone.

Essentially, it shows that most of the lower leagues are mainly more northern, and although the teams mentioned in the original post are very long journeys, they don't really change too much as they're replacing teams who aren't geographically close to us.
  • away at Plymouth on the Saturday then away at Carlisle on the following Tuesday .. no sleep 'til Donny
  • cant wait till we get into the conference south
  • Sponsored links:

• Optimistic. Late push for relegation is still on.
  • On current standings, a few enticing local trips on the horizon...

Wigan
    Blackburn
    Rotherham

Doncaster
    Plymouth
    Carlisle

Shoot me now :-(

Three new grounds for me
  • Plymouth is the only one I've not been to, so as long as it's on a Saturday it's one i will be going to
  • If this lot are still in charge can't see me going to any! Can't take yet another season of the dross that is Division 1.
  • Potentially Rochdale Oldham and Bury again.

Trying to be positive I can't see Rotherham challenging next season, Burton won't be near the top if they come down.

I said the same about Fleetwood!!

How terrible for you. Any way we can help? Start a crowd funding page maybe?
  • There are some very confident people posting on this thread. Remember, we have by no means secured our place in League 1 for next season yet...
  • I'll do Plymouth away without a shadow of doubt and will be staying for a long weekend. Nice ground, good area for a decent night out, it's Devon and Cornwall and the food is spot on!
  • There are several other teams who could drop as well. Bristol City are 4th bottom, but Wolves and Aston Villa aren't safe. Villa 2 points from their last 8 games, and lost their last 4.
  • Chizz said:

There are some very confident people posting on this thread. Remember, we have by no means secured our place in League 1 for next season yet...

Possible 9 new grounds in League 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Coming down I'd like to see... Burton | Blackburn | Rotherham, reckon any of the others in current danger of relegation would be tough encounters next season whilst those three could well struggle in League One.

Would love to see Plymouth come back up simply because they're one of a few teams that play in Green so makes the League look a bit more colourful whilst would like to see Luton getting promoted because of Nathan Jones and because they appear to be a sleeping giant (Portsmouth on the other hand can stay in L2 as reckon they'd be dangerous at this level).

Would also love to see Barnet getting promoted, not just because of Kevin Nugent
  • There are several other teams who could drop as well. Bristol City are 4th bottom, but Wolves and Aston Villa aren't safe. Villa 2 points from their last 8 games, and lost their last 4.

Also don't rule out Birmingham if Zola stays in charge!