Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

American Harmony groups

Just watching sounds of the 70's -started with the Eagles one of my favourite groups.For me in the same vein - The Platters,Everley Brothers,Beach Boys,Simon and Garthuncle.IMO Great music

Comments

• New Christy Minstrels.
  • Grateful Dead of the Working man's dead era
  • Bee Gees even though they were Anglo Aussie
  • edited February 2017
    A good and thought inducing post ((:>)

umpteen Tamla Motown and Philly Soul acts
    Kingston Trio
    Harpers Bizarre
    The Association
    I would add bands like Fleetwood Mac and America

just off the top of my head .. there are (literally) scores more
  • Not quite harmony - but Eric Clapton on same Sounds of 70's.Just love his music and 461 Ocean B in 74 probably one of my favourite albums of all time.Saw him with Elton John at Wembley about 92.Great gig
  • Not quite harmony - but Eric Clapton on same Sounds of 70's.Just love his music and 461 Ocean B in 74 probably one of my favourite albums of all time.Saw him with Elton John at Wembley about 92.Great gig

Not quite harmony - but Eric Clapton on same Sounds of 70's.Just love his music and 461 Ocean B in 74 probably one of my favourite albums of all time.Saw him with Elton John at Wembley about 92.Great gig

one of my favourites, made with the help of ultra professional 'southern country rock' musicians ..
    last year PlanetRock did a feature where every Friday they would play without interruption, the entire album of a nominated artist selected by votes from listeners ,, 461 was by far voted the most popular Clapton album from all the many he's made .. incidentally, this year PlanetR are doing the same thing with first albums from nominated artists, there have been some humdingers
  • What channel Gents? Thank you
  • Blimey, don't get me started on this one... I could be here all night.
  • T.C.E said:

What channel Gents? Thank you

planet rock ? ... just on DAB I think .. just search for it .. I think it's by far the best music station in England .. BUT 0f course .. you gotta like rock ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Manhatten Transfer, incredible.
  • edited February 2017
    Peter, Paul and Mary, still going strong I believe, or were fairly recently.
  • Some terrific groups there and can I just add the Four Seasons.
    Saw Crosby Stills and Nash live last year and they still got it. Incredible gig.
    But really, the Beach Boys are the Daddy aren't they?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqXibjCZy5Y
  • Six, you might appreciate Wilson Phillips, Couple of good albums of "covers".
  • Petatonix deserve a mention, acca pella group but have the tightest harmonies I've ever heard
  • limeygent said:

Six, you might appreciate Wilson Phillips, Couple of good albums of "covers".

I've heard a couple of their songs and liked them mate.
    Obviously inherited some of their parents talent

And you've just jogged my memory - The Mamas and the Papas.
    Or how about the Fifth Dimension.
  • Shout out for The Penguins
  • To add to the aforementioned Beach Boys and Simon and Garfunkel, I would like to offer America and Jefferson Airplane/Starship.
  • Petatonix deserve a mention, acca pella group but have the tightest harmonies I've ever heard

Good as they are, I can't get my head around the fact that they were spawned from a televised karaoke competition.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just watching sounds of the 70's -started with the Eagles one of my favourite groups.For me in the same vein - The Platters,Everley Brothers,Beach Boys,Simon and Garthuncle.IMO Great music

Simon and Garthuncle ? Have I been whooshed ?

You went with Elton John...
    Are you David Furness ?
  • The Byrds, original lineup with David Crosby and Gene Clark.
  • Boys II Men :-)
  • Blue oyster cult
  • Terrible name but Spanky and our Gang who were around between 67 and 69 are amazing - fantastic fusion of jazz and pop - Fifth Dimension already mentioned - great interpretation of Laura Nyro songs and I'd add the Byrds inspired Sons of Champlin too - and the impossibly great Love had ace harmonies as well
  • Boys II Men :-)

Stop trying to get cheap laughs................... ;)
    The Flying Pickets were a favourite of mine.
  • edited February 2017
    Been listening to plenty of 50s and 60s doo-wop, rock and roll, girls groups and soul groups recently.
    ... Reckon I could reel off quite a list!
  • So many groups/artists I like on here it's like browsing my records, however boys 2 men don't feature.
  • McBobbin said:

Been listening to plenty of 50s and 60s doo-wop, rock and roll, girls groups and soul groups recently.
    ... Reckon I could reel off quite a list!

I have probably seen or driven half of them around at some point.