Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Congratulations to Russell Slade

On taking Coventry to Wembley for the Check a trade final.

Good day out for Coventry fans in disaster of a season/ decade

Comments

• Not bothered about Slade but pleased for the Coventry fans.

Anyone see the stewards and police punching fans trying to run on the pitch to join those already on? Disgraceful.
  • fuck russel slade, coventry could probably do without the added game.
  • On taking Coventry to Wembley for the Check a trade final.

Good day out for Coventry fans in disaster of a season/ decade

Disaster of a couple of decades. I remember them with Dion Dublin and Darren huckaby in the prem as a decent and exciting attacking side.

How the mighty fall.
  • If I was a Coventry fan, it wouldn't be something to look forward to given their league position.
  • Looks like they're also trying to sign Yakubu...
  • Read that the other day, couldn't believe he's only 34.
  • Sponsored links:

• If I was a Coventry fan, it wouldn't be something to look forward to given their league position.

You wouldn't enjoy the day out with your club at Wembley?
    There can't be that many clubs who haven't played at the new Wembley now. Or haven't got to Wembley (or the Millennium Stadium) for 19 years which is how long it is for us now.
  • They had a crowd of over 11K
  • Good luck Coventry, Russell will be dining out on this every night of the week
  • Really hate Coventry. Have no empathy with their fans. Hope they lose.
  • Against either Luton or Oxford in the final so at least this shambles of a tournament should get a decent crowd for the final.
  • Against either Luton or Oxford in the final so at least this shambles of a tournament should get a decent crowd for the final.

Hope it is Luton after they were fined for playing a "weakened" side v an U23 side. And beating them.

And because Nathan Jones is their boss.
  • edited February 2017
    I doubt Coventry fans will be too excited
  • I bet they're buzzing for their trip to Wembley. It's going to be a long wait until April 2nd for them...

I guess you could say they're going to have to be quite patient.
  • They deserve a bit of joy. Especially since they haven't finished in the top 6 of any division since 1970. That's an incredible statistic. Maybe League 2 will change that for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• if offered i wouldn't particularly want it, gives an unwelcomed game a real mickey mouse cup, although they do like nailed on for the drop, sad to see one of russels old clubs in decline leyton orient another big loss last night, shame as i know a few leyton orient fans.
  • My favourite bit was when the fans started singing "We Want Sisu Out" and a couple of flares were thrown after they went 2-0 up.

Garry Birtles (the worst co-commentator going) pipes up and berates the fans who are protesting when they're on the verge of a final.

Yep, a place in the final of the Checkatrade Trophy Garry; far more important than the future of their club.

Thankfully the main commentator went on to point out about them potentially being homeless again in the near future and how the protests are about that.
  • Ben18 said:

My favourite bit was when the fans started singing "We Want Sisu Out" and a couple of flares were thrown after they went 2-0 up.

Garry Birtles (the worst co-commentator going) pipes up and berates the fans who are protesting when they're on the verge of a final.

Yep, a place in the final of the Checkatrade Trophy Garry; far more important than the future of their club.

Thankfully the main commentator went on to point out about them potentially being homeless again in the near future and how the protests are about that.

This. I hate Garry Birtles-he just smugly waffles on even though he clearly knows little about the teams he's watching.

Well done Russell and Coventry-after the support they gave us in the joint protest, I wish them luck in the final.
  • Congratulations? Has he finished the "All you can eat buffet challenge" at the Golden Wok, in Finham?
  • Good luck Coventry, Russell will be dining out on this every night of the week

And every morning and afternoon knowing Russell...
  • Looks like he's on his way to Grimsby.
  • Yakubu 's 28 year old son has sent Russell a good luck message
  • Looks like he's on his way to Grimsby.

he was there before and fell out with the players .. I am VERY surprised that Bignot has been sacked by Grimsby .. a good win at Blackpool on Saturday, on Monday, the sack ! .. he has obviously had a major row with the owner who had 'moved heaven and earth to get the man he wanted from Solihull Moors' .. two volatile characters, one winner, the man with the cash