Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Groundhopping

As the smallest away contingent thread has been derailed a tad I thought I'd open this for us enthusiasts of a new ground.

Shrewsbury will be my 92nd for a second time, I completed it before in about 93 when I visited Mansfield.

I will be contacting Shrewsbury and hope that I get an acknowledgement in the programme.

Comments

• As the smallest away contingent thread has been derailed a tad I thought I'd open this for us enthusiasts of a new ground.

Shrewsbury will be my 92nd for a second time, I completed it before in about 93 when I visited Mansfield.

I will be contacting Shrewsbury and hope that I get an acknowledgement in the programme.

Can i write it for you: )
  • As the smallest away contingent thread has been derailed a tad I thought I'd open this for us enthusiasts of a new ground.

Can i write it for you: )
    Foul language is not allowed in the programme I'm afraid.
  • Hang on, hang on. Is this 92 as per we've been discussing or are you just misleading people with friendlies

I'm on 77 with Charlton, 81 in total. Wimbledon, Chesterfield, Shrewsbury, Coventry and Northampton will take me 82 with Charlton, 84 in total by the end of the season. Of course grounds could be lost to the national league.....

Barnet and West Ham will be outstanding to do with Charlton.

Pin management, pin management.

@clb74 @TellyTubby @ElfsborgAddick need to take a long hard look at themselves and respect the pin
  • Very good - the most pleasing thing is the top statement

This dip into the pyramid is another world however
  • cabbles said:

Very good - the most pleasing thing is the top statement

This dip into the pyramid is another world however

A very enjoyable one though.
  • edited February 2017

As the smallest away contingent thread has been derailed a tad I thought I'd open this for us enthusiasts of a new ground.

Go on, admit it, Bury away was your favourite away day..... the day you met your hero.
  • cabbles said:

Hang on, hang on. Is this 92 as per we've been discussing or are you just misleading people with friendlies

I'm on 77 with Charlton, 81 in total. Wimbledon, Chesterfield, Shrewsbury, Coventry and Northampton will take me 82 with Charlton, 84 in total by the end of the season. Of course grounds could be lost to the national league.....

@clb74 @TellyTubby @ElfsborgAddick need to take a long hard look at themselves and respect the pin

cabbles said:

Hang on, hang on. Is this 92 as per we've been discussing or are you just misleading people with friendlies

I play by those rules. Will have to revisit scunthorpe soon when the new ground is built.

• unfortunately since ive been doing aways we have been playing the same teams a lot, leaves me on a mere 41 with Coventry and Peterborough being ticked off in october, i do it with the method of it has to be charlton playing there in a league or cup match
  • Sponsored links:

• Whoops my smiley face thingy didn't appear to post. I really was joking.
  • A bucket list item for quite a few actually.

82 current league grounds. 143 grounds seen us play at. That'll increase in a couple of weeks.
  • cabbles said:

I don't think they'll be that good!
  • I've been to 70 of the current league grounds. Have also seen us play at the old grounds of: Brighton, Bristol Rovers, Bradford, Oxford, Wimbledon, Northampton, Shrewsbury, Barnet.

Also been to Dagenham, Lincoln, Stockport & Tranmere, who have slipped into the NL.
  • theres an app which is very simple to use one off costs of 79p, easy to keep track as you tick grounds off
  • I'm on 71 of the current 92, could do with Charlton getting relegated to help me get that last 20 or so out of the way.

Go on, admit it, Bury away was your favourite away day..... the day you met your hero.

You were not who I thought was going to walk through the door.
  • cabbles said:

I really had no idea this was such a serious matter.

Please forgive me if there was any suggestion of disrespect of the pin.

I guess that I once took the matter more seriously but then I found girls.
    I take groundhopping seriously, and did not have a shag for ten years!
  • Rochester 3 v Sevenoaks 3 in the Kent League last Saturday.

This is the main stand.
  • Sponsored links:

• @ElfsborgAddick is a lovely man and has brought a ray of sunshine to every ground, every hamlet, town and village, every city and every continent where he has set foot and put bum to seat .. there are still many more places to discover Gary .. go for it my friend ((:>)
  • @ElfsborgAddick is a lovely man and has brought a ray of sunshine to every ground, every hamlet, town and village, every city and every continent where he has set foot and put bum to seat .. there are still many more places to discover Gary .. go for it my friend ((:>)

I'll see you at Shrewsbury Lincs to buy you that drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol .. just gimme the cash ((:>)

I'm at North Ferriby v Dover on the 18th February if you fancy meeting up amigo.

I'm at North Ferriby v Dover on the 18th February if you fancy meeting up amigo.
    Be a good game that, near top v near bottom ... BUT, I'll be at Rochdale after the Oldham game, spending a few days in Cottonopolis ... I'll see you @ Shrewsbury, what day and time are you getting there ?

Be a good game that, near top v near bottom ... BUT, I'll be at Rochdale after the Oldham game, spending a few days in Cottonopolis ... I'll see you @ Shrewsbury, what day and time are you getting there ?
    I get to Shrewsbury about 12.45 on the Tuesday, I'll inbox you tonight the times and the hotel/pub we have booked in.

I get to Shrewsbury about 12.45 on the Tuesday, I'll inbox you tonight the times and the hotel/pub we have booked in.
    OK .. I'm staying at Oswestry ... a few miles up the road .. an area I don't know .. looking forward to a looksee over 'border country'
  • cabbles said:

Another thread derailed by elfs where he treats it like his whatsapp friends group

I should flag you for this!

I created this thread for yours(and my) benefit!
  • cabbles said:

Another thread derailed by elfs where he treats it like his whatsapp friends group

I should flag you for this!

I created this thread for yours(and my) benefit!
    You did not even put a like to my picture(tearful face emoti).