Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season ticket sales next season?

I dont think we are going to make the playoffs, as I cant see us winning 12-13 games we would need to do it. Roland probably thinks the same, hence the usual influx of loans knowing that blowing a ton of money buying the best players right now might not pay off. Thats assuming he would ever do that anyways of course.

So the club are probably finalizing their strategy for selling season tickets next season, and I cant see it being anything other then another disaster. We lost 40% of ST holders last season, and a big chunk of the ones that renewed probably did so in the hope we would put a good squad together and get promoted. This hasnt happened so perhaps that means another large percentage of ST holders wont bother next season, having seen how this season panned out.

How many do we have at moment? 5ish thousand?

Could we see that drop even lower next season, to 3 or 4 thousand?

What kind of price can the club charge with another season in League One looming? £175 is the rock bottom the SMT would probably want to charge, so at best they could probably only freeze that? Would anyone want to pay more then £175 for a season ticket in League One?

Comments

• I wouldn't put it past them keeping it at same price this season or putting on another 25 pounds as usual.

But yes sales will plummet either way.
  • I think a season ticket boycott should be advised.
  • edited February 2017
    Next season! - blimey, you're depressing people already!
  • Next season! - blimey, your depressing people already!

Getting that from the expert, regardless of your lol count.
  • I think a season ticket boycott should be advised.

Next season I think we will be getting close to just the super-hardcore renewing and thats it without needing an actual boycott.
  • Season ticket sales will continue to fall until major changes are made at the club.
    By that i mean Douchbag selling
    Meire being replaced by someone competent
    Or promotion back to the championship.
    As i can't see us going up under this lot we may have to wait a little longer before sales increase

This.
  • Assuming we're still in league 1 under this regime I think they will stay fairly static IE around 6k to 6.5k

A play off appearance, even a failed one could see a bump as obviously would promotion or new ownership.

I wonder if they will take a risk of adopting the Bradford model of £150 each. You get volume but not income but it's a risk if the take up doesn't appear. It also leaves you in a difficult situation if you want to switch back to a traditional pricing model. We discussed and rejected it for those reasons on the old Target 40k group.

I'm not sure the Bradford model £150 would work either. Target 20k did suggest the North Lower prices be set at £150 for this season at the same time when suggested the cheapest area should revert back to the North Lower then you might be able to gauge the uptake there as a guide to the rest of the ground but even at £175 there's still plenty of seats available in the North Lower which doesn't convince me an extra £25 saving would fill it either.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:

I think a season ticket boycott should be advised.

Next season I think we will be getting close to just the super-hardcore renewing and thats it without needing an actual boycott.
    I think this is pretty spot on. I can't see anyone other than the kind of people who have been going with family or friends for years and do it as much for the social occasion than anything else, because it sure as hell isn't to watch the shower of shit on the pitch.

If they sell it will be a pretty decent uplift I should imagine, including myself
  • I don't see season ticket sales falling significantly assuming no price increases, especially if we finish the season reasonably strongly
  • edited February 2017

Season ticket sales will continue to fall until major changes are made at the club.
    As i can't see us going up under this lot we may have to wait a little longer before sales increase

I'm most disappointed when you don't end your posts with "just sell the club and f@ck off" !
  • Pretty sure the prize was frozen for this season's ST's?
    If they remained that price next season we will still be paying championship prices to watch 3rd tier football.
    A strong end to the season and a price reduction may persuade some to renew but unfortunately I can't see that happening, so I can't see more than 5k sold next season
  • Season ticket sales will continue to fall until major changes are made at the club.

I'm most disappointed when you don't end your posts with "sell the club and f@ck off" !
    Also
    Just sell the club and fuck off
  • edited February 2017
    Assuming no play off challenge, assuming no sale by RD, assuming KM remains......... oh and just throwing it out there assuming no relegation.

I suspect they'll drop, not by a huge amount, but reduce all the same. That is of course assuming they keep pricing as is. if they increased the North Lower i think you'd see a lot more fall away. if they do keep the same pricing I expect more people to move over from the East & West, heard a few people say thats what they will do.

You're getting to the core now, much like the late 80's - how depressing!
  • Assuming we're still in league 1 under this regime I think they will stay fairly static IE around 6k to 6.5k

A play off appearance, even a failed one could see a bump as obviously would promotion or new ownership.

I wonder if they will take a risk of adopting the Bradford model of £150 each. You get volume but not income but it's a risk if the take up doesn't appear. It also leaves you in a difficult situation if you want to switch back to a traditional pricing model. We discussed and rejected it for those reasons on the old Target 40k group.

I'm not sure the Bradford model £150 would work either. Target 20k did suggest the North Lower prices be set at £150 for this season at the same time when suggested the cheapest area should revert back to the North Lower then you might be able to gauge the uptake there as a guide to the rest of the ground but even at £175 there's still plenty of seats available in the North Lower which doesn't convince me an extra £25 saving would fill it either.
    But not everyone wants to sit in the North lower and it is easy to move to the North upper I'm told.

£150 or £175 to sit in the east or west would be an attractive offer to many casual fans and even maybe a few boycotters.

I'm not convinced it would work and I don't think the numbers add up either. Plus SE London and Kent isn't Bradford and I don't think our fans are as price sensitive.

However, I wouldn't put it passed the regime to attempt it without working thru the numbers or thinking thru the implications
  • I don't see them dropping off too much. If the fans who are still going haven't seen enough to make them boycott by now, then i don't see why next season would be any different.
    Especially as if KR is still in charge and we actually have a manager working on signings and pre season training from early on (unlike we had with Slade when players supposedly didn't even have a date to return to training) then we should fare better next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think the number of ST holders will reduce too much, you don't really need a season ticket this year and that won't change next year.

But not everyone wants to sit in the North lower and it is easy to move to the North upper I'm told.

£150 or £175 to sit in the east or west would be an attractive offer to many casual fans and even maybe a few boycotters.

I'm not convinced it would work and I don't think the numbers add up either. Plus SE London and Kent isn't Bradford and I don't think our fans are as price sensitive.

However, I wouldn't put it passed the regime to attempt it without working thru the numbers or thinking thru the implications
    I do hear what you're saying but part of the incentive for £150 seats in the North Lower was to try and fill it as much as possible to help generate a better atmosphere in there and for it to not look so empty as it did last season when goals went in that end.

I do agree though I think any extra income gained from new / returning ST holders by making it £150 anywhere in the ground would be outweighed by the reduced income elsewhere in the ground from those renewing.
  • It is too expensive... in emotional energy. It's not very enjoyable and it isn't much fun (and that was last season...and the one before that). I cannot support this current version of Charlton Athletic.
    Thus, it follows that I used to support Charlton Athletic. How sad. That's my reality. It's one that has been foisted on me by others. I don't want it to be like that, I don't like it like that, but that's the way it is. I am not alone in feeling this way. And it could all have been so different, had the owner seen fit to engage from the off.

Anyway....Season Tickets next year... in the unlikely event of promotion, some stay-aways will probably return. Think of a figure. A lowly figure. Another season in Division Three? 3,000 / 3,500. Average crowds? 8,000 if doing well. Perhaps fewer.

That's your view and I respect that but if someone asks me "who do you support?" I say Charlton without any hesitation.

I'm a Charlton fan despite this regime.
  • A charlton fan long after they have gone.