Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Regan Charles-Cook goes out on loan

Solihull Moors have signed Regan Charles-Cook on loan from Charlton Athletic for the rest of the season.

The 19-year-old midfielder has made one appearance for the Addicks this season in an EFL Trophy game against Southampton's Under-21 side.

He is the younger brother of Coventry goalkeeper Reice Charles-Cook.

"Regan's an athlete, technically good and versatile, so he will give us options and creativity in the final third," said Moors boss Liam McDonald.

Comments

• Solihull Moors - who are they? :wink:
  • Is that more of KR's 'deadwood' out of the door then?
  • He's really gone backwards. was pushing on the first team door a couple of years ago. Wonder what happened.
  • Solihull Moors.... Wow... Remind me again why he should replace Fox in the first team?
  • Jeez, from what I saw of him he deserves far better than that.

Omar Bogle's old club .. Grimsby's new manager recently moved from there and has signed 2 decent players from the Moors .. they are mid table in the 'National League', another mini club on the rise
  • I'm really shocked, weren't a few of the "big boys" interested in him a couple of years ago?
  • He's really gone backwards. was pushing on the first team door a couple of years ago. Wonder what happened.

Possibly not really ready just rated by Luzon at the time, same with Kennedy? Bit like Slade rating Hanlan while Robinson has sent him on loan.
  • Can't go on loan to a league club after the window so good he will be out getting proper competitive football for himself, hope this is his first step to fulfilling early potential
  • edited February 2017

I'm really shocked, weren't a few of the "big boys" interested in him a couple of years ago?

Arsenal and Liverpool were rumored to be scouting him as recently as April.

Felt all season that he deserved to be closer to the first team picture. I know he's had some problems with injuries starting in pre-season, and that can really throw your season off. I'm a little surprised that this is until the end of the season, but I suspect we have the ability to recall him. It may be that fact, that we can recall him, that prevented him from going to a Football League side in January. Definitely think he has ability and like with Umerah he needs games in senior football at this age, but in midfield we're a couple injuries away from having him being in and around the squad I'd think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Still has 4 years to run on his contract too

Omar Bogle's old club .. Grimsby's new manager recently moved from there and has signed 2 decent players from the Moors .. they are mid table in the 'National League', another mini club on the rise
    You remember the milk board advert from the 1980s, right?
  • cafc999 said:

Still has 4 years to run on his contract too

Where did you see that? Signed a new deal in 2015, can't imagine they gave him as much as 5/6 years?
  • edited February 2017

Solihull Moors - who are they? :wink:

)

errrrrr .. no .. lol ((:>)
  • Scoham said:

cafc999 said:

Where did you see that? Signed a new deal in 2015, can't imagine they gave him as much as 5/6 years?
    He signed a 5 and a half year deal. Guess who amongst our fabled SMT gave him that..?
  • Tony Keohane?
  • Scoham said:

Tony Keohane?

No, he is too busy monitoring forums and getting the police to sort out people that post about him. Allegedly
  • cafc999 said:

Scoham said:

cafc999 said:

He signed a 5 and a half year deal. Guess who amongst our fabled SMT gave him that..?
    I'm not sure if it was that long, but 2020 at least.
  • He's only 19 and still has the potential to make it. Playing regular competative games will do him no harm. Good luck Regan.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc999 said:

Scoham said:

cafc999 said:

He told me himself Airman
  • cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Scoham said:

cafc999 said:

He told me himself Airman
    Fair enough. That's completely bonkers based on his track record, so probably just what we should expect.
  • Mixed news about this.

I rate Regan. Aribo has moved above him in the pecking order by Regan has just as much potential. He desperately needs games, which is a good thing, but I would have hoped that it was in League 2 rather than in the bottom half of the Conference.

Same with Hanlon really, though at least he has stayed local.
  • edited February 2017

Mixed news about this.

I rate Regan. Aribo has moved above him in the pecking order by Regan has just as much potential. He desperately needs games, which is a good thing, but I would have hoped that it was in League 2 rather than in the bottom half of the Conference.

You can't do temporary/emergency, whatever they are called, loans anymore, between league clubs. Only a half season or full season. That's why our kids are going on loan to non league sides.
  • Mixed news about this.

You can't do temporary/emergency, whatever they are called, loans anymore, between league clubs. Only a half season or full season. That's why our kids are going on loan to non league sides.
    Exactly this I suspect. Even if he'd gone somewhere in League Two in January I don't think we would have been able to recall him. We're only a couple of midfield injuries away from him potentially making the bench.
  • Ok fair enough. Wasn't aware of that @Covered End so thank you
  • SDAddick said:

Mixed news about this.

Exactly this I suspect. Even if he'd gone somewhere in League Two in January I don't think we would have been able to recall him. We're only a couple of midfield injuries away from him potentially making the bench.
    RCC has gone on loan for the rest of the season though, I hope we have a recall clause...
  • Mixed news about this.

I'm only guessing but maybe he's gone to Solihull because his brother is in that neck of the woods and so he'll have a friendly face and family accommodation would be available?
  • Posh place solihull.

Growing up in Coventry I remember going and playing rugby against them and the parents from Solihull shouting 'up the Soli's' from the touchline.

Not been back.
  • I think Lapslie and Dijksteel as well as Aribo are in front of him now... hopefully he regains that confidence that got him around the 1st team.