Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stephy Mavididi signs on loan (First time)

edited January 2018 in General Charlton
From Arsenal U23

Comments

• A striker who can also play out wide seems a better fit with KR's style of play.
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-stephy-mavididi-3547823.aspx

“I was at the Millwall game a couple of weeks ago. The Valley is such a big stadium and what captured me the most was the fans and the atmosphere. It made me want to run out in front of them and play. I can’t wait to get started.”

Going to be a very different crowd for Scunthorpe at home.

• Seriously, I suppose he's our Lookman replacement.

Well, for the rest of this season, anyway.

• If he performs as well as Coquelin did for us then I will be pleased with him.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he enjoyed the atmosphere against Millwall he is in for a treat against Fleetwood.

They'll be more people in the dugouts than in the stands.

• Hope he does well and Arsenal loans generally been good to us. I still cannot understand replacing Ajose with an 18 year old.
  • Genuinely hope he does well for us but in the photo in the link above, he looks as though he doesn't know where he is, who he's signed for or who the bloke is he's shaking hands with.
  • Stephy malvi-di-di, Stephy malvi-di-di, he comes from ar-senal, he etc etc...

It's piss poor.
  • Hope he does well but why are we getting rid of a player with a good scoring record, albeit not great for us thus far, for with someone with no league experience? I presume ajoses wages are higher so it makes the bank balance healthier, it's not had a cash injection for a while after all
  • wonderful news about ajose. This guy can only be better and who knows....he could even be fantastic.
  • Marguee summer signing out and is replaced by an 18 year old. Sounds like cost cutting to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• He says, "“I was at the Millwall game a couple of weeks ago. The Valley is such a big stadium ..."

He sounds overawed. Must be a Millwall fan.

• No L in Mavididi
  • “I was at the Millwall game a couple of weeks ago. The Valley is such a big stadium and what captured me the most was the fans and the atmosphere. It made me want to run out in front of them and play. I can’t wait to get started.”

Wait until we play Scunthorpe on a cold, wetTuesday night with the 'bloke in front of me' shouting ... Your rubbish, mate. Send him back to Arsenal
  • Oggy Red said:

He says, "“I was at the Millwall game a couple of weeks ago. The Valley is such a big stadium ..."

If The Valley is such a big stadium wonder what adjective he uses for the Emirates?!
  • Oggy Red said:

He says, "“I was at the Millwall game a couple of weeks ago. The Valley is such a big stadium ..."

If The Valley is such a big stadium wonder what adjective he uses for the Emirates?!
    Gargantuan
  • Send him back. Shit player
  • wonderful news about ajose. This guy can only be better and who knows....he could even be fantastic.

He is 18 years old and completely untested at this level. There is an equal chance that he could be completely shite.

• He prob wont be fit for a while as we never really sign players who are ready to start, then once fit it will take a little longer for him to get up to speed with league 1 football. Should hopefully be starting games late Feb early March then will prob get a knock and be out for a couple of weeks, but he will then begin to look a cracking player when it's too late for us to challenge for the playoffs.
  • Nicholas said:

He prob wont be fit for a while as we never really sign players who are ready to start, then once fit it will take a little longer for him to get up to speed with league 1 football. Should hopefully be starting games late Feb early March then will prob get a knock and be out for a couple of weeks, but he will then begin to look a cracking player when it's too late for us to challenge for the playoffs.

But then we don't really need him to start at the moment

DaSilva looks a strange loan as I can't see him playing much, especially with Botaka about to return
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!