Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WAR (Women Against the Regime) twitter account opened

WAR would like to thank Lifers for their supportive comments, which have been much appreciated, and others who have generously shared information with us at short notice.

WAR had originally planned to announce our formation on International Women’s Day, 8th March, and we had gently begun to plan for this. However, the news which broke on Monday morning quickly made us realise that preparations intended to take weeks would need to be accomplished in hours. And somehow we did it!

However, one thing we could not do instantly was to reach out to other potential members. WAR are sure there are many other female Charlton fans who share our views and would like to join us. Young or old, with little spare time or a lot, there will be things you can do. We already have future plans, which are currently under wraps.

If you are female and interested in joining WAR, please contact us via Twitter @CAFCWAR
or email us at womenagainsttheregime@gmail.com

Comments

• Now following!
  • Snap

Can this be made a "sticky" or whatever it's called, please ?

Thanks, AFKA.
  • Snap

Can this be made a "sticky" or whatever it's called, please ?

Thanks, AFKA.
    Sticky Fanny?
  • Before this thread goes in the wrong direction, just to say @CAFCWAR has got off to a great start on Twitter.

Still keen to get any other females from here on board: just email womenagainsttheregime@gmail.com with your name and we will keep you informed.
  • It's time for me to come out of the dark ages and sign up to Twitter.....

Never thought I'd use Twitter, but it is handy to read about things going on in football.
  • If it wasn't for Twitter I'd be on this 24/7
    Sorry AFKA & Lookie xx

Your'e not the only one - I'm still in the Iron Age though - no Facebook or iphone.
  • Now following
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry if this has already been stated elsewhere but I'm interested in why you feel the need to start a splinter group just for women? Is CARD perceived as not representing the female voice?
    I imagine a male only group would be labelled as sexist - is that a double standard?
  • What he said ^^
  • bbob said:

Sorry if this has already been stated elsewhere but I'm interested in why you feel the need to start a splinter group just for women? Is CARD perceived as not representing the female voice?
    I imagine a male only group would be labelled as sexist - is that a double standard?

Because our owners have already called us male fans sexist because our issues are with the fact that KM is female and nothing else (i.e. if KM was male then apparently we wouldnt be protesting)... By creating WAR its a clear sign that its not just men that are unhappy with the regime and KM etc. yet also our female fanbase
    Exactly this!
  • WAR Twitter getting good following after less than 2 days!!!

Now I've discovered the joy that is Twitter I've got yet another thing to addictively look at.
  • Sponsored links:

• WAR Twitter getting good following after less than 2 days!!!

Now I've discovered the joy that is Twitter I've got yet another thing to addictively look at.

Hope you're following me and the museum?

@benhayes77 @chathmuseum
  • Getting on Twitter was more than enough for one day. I'll have to work up to following people. I'll follow you once I've found out how to follow Monty Don (#lovethatman)

Oooh ! Me too, @Arsenetatters !

You must share your discovery of "The Joy of Twitter" with me soon !

• The Football League paper out today has an excellent article on Page 43, good work by arsenetatters.

Don't suppose there's an on line link, Elfs ?
  • The Football League paper out today has an excellent article on Page 43, good work by arsenetatters.

I had to buy one! They do a digital version where you can just buy one copy. I have to say I've never seen a paper version tho...

Not sure, WH Smiths will have them.

• Thanks Badger. Good piece, but shame they gave her (KM) the last word.