Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pitch inspection *GAME CALLED OFF*

Comments

• Call it off... call it off. Should be able to get some players fit by next week. Bauer back at a minimum. Possibly Lennon as well. And Holmes, Novak and Watt a weeks extra training so I'd feel much more confident...

Cheers canters don't you worry about my train fare
  • Only at Charlton. Undersoil heating pipework. No boiler. No game. Got to laugh :neutral:
  • clb74 said:

Call it off... call it off. Should be able to get some players fit by next week. Bauer back at a minimum. Possibly Lennon as well. And Holmes, Novak and Watt a weeks extra training so I'd feel much more confident...

Sorry for that lad. I believe they call it the greater good. You already started your journey then?!
  • I guess the logic was that undersoil heating is now compulsory for the PL(?), or massively important with the amount paid for televised games, so that it made sense to install the pipes in advance so that when we reached the PL (ha ha) we wouldn't have to dig the pitch up again...
  • clb74 said:

Call it off... call it off. Should be able to get some players fit by next week. Bauer back at a minimum. Possibly Lennon as well. And Holmes, Novak and Watt a weeks extra training so I'd feel much more confident...

Sorry for that lad. I believe they call it the greater good. You already started your journey then?!
    Yes just got to Bickley train station
  • Sponsored links:

• Awful. Just looked at now going welling vs dart ford and that has been called off
  • Scunny fans would have already set off as well.
  • Valley11 said:

Redrobo said:

My understanding is that the heating was laid taking advantage of the pitch being dug up completely and drainage put in. It is a requirement in the premier league and it made sense to put it in then as digging it all is the major expense. It has never been the intention to have it up and running until we get there.

That makes total sense to me. We do not get the crowds or Sky to justify the expense.

Redrobo said:

My understanding is that the heating was laid taking advantage of the pitch being dug up completely and drainage put in. It is a requirement in the premier league and it made sense to put it in then as digging it all is the major expense. It has never been the intention to have it up and running until we get there.

That makes total sense to me. We do not get the crowds or Sky to justify the expense.

Surely our multi millionaire owner could afford it, particularly with all the Kermorgant, Gomez, Lookman, JBG, Fox money burner a hole in his pocket.
    Surely we could have afforded it in our Premier League years?
  • Only game in all 4 leagues?
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

clb74 said:

well I suggest you look on this site http://deserter.co.uk/ and go on a pub crawl round south east London.
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

At Bickley not much after 10.... Blimey what time do you arrive at the Game,
  • Trains are messed up was gonna take an hour to get there
  • How fucking pathetic. All the pipework laid with self gratulatory fanfare, yet connected to feck all.

Disney should buy this Mickey Mouse outfit.
  • Amateurs.
  • kafka said:

Only game in all 4 leagues?

And Scotland!!
  • What a shambles , nearly five hours of sun would make it playable surely . F*** Off Roland by the way .