Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

President Trump

Comments

• Alright everyone lets keep it civil.
  • He'll probably be a good president but will get no credit because the left keep bloody whinging.

To be fair. Being left of Donald isn't hard.

• WSSWSS
    edited January 2017

He'll probably be a good president but will get no credit because the left keep bloody whinging.

Bit like Obama, and the right (whatever that is) being aggressively negative (shouty) about all he's done?

Horses for courses and bloody boring.
  • SDAddick said:

He'll probably be a good president but will get no credit because the left keep bloody whinging.

Want to trade healthcare plans with me? How about you @buckshee? Or the access to healthcare that so many women depend on through Planned Parenthood? Want to have your rights to equality and protection taken away like it will be from my friends who are gay? Want to register yourself for a national registry because of your religion, despite the fact that religion has almost no effect on violence in the US? Want to be slightly afraid because you're Jewish, and the chief strategist in the White House is an anti-semite, and neo-Nazis and the KKK openly supported Trump and view his victory as a victory for their cause?

If you'd like to list out some of his policies and appointments you support, I'd be happy to discuss those with you.
    This 100%.
  • LuckyReds said:

Controversial opinion time:

I have a degree of faith that the Trump that many people think exists, and actually voted for, doesn't exist. Whilst he's in office - if he remains so - he will be surprisingly competent and may actually do some good. He captivated the support of - racists aside - a share of the population which felt alienated from politics and as though their opportunities were no longer the same as they once were; he did this by:

- preying upon the manufacturing jobs that had been lost and claiming to take a strong stance on bringing jobs back to the US,

- providing a strong and vocal voice on issues such as Islamic terrorism, a voice expressed in terms so un-PC that no other politician would use them, (even if his opponents felt the same, they would always be more restrained.)

- positioning himself as a "Fuck you" to the very system that alienated these individuals.

Farage's influence on his campaign is pretty clear, and I'm quite surprised that no one has tried to subsequently implicate Farage with Russia to be entirely honest - not out of malice, but out of genuine curiousity as to how far their network overlaps. (A fringe politician in the UK being involved with the electoral campaign of the US President?! A tad bizarre.)

The only aspect that makes me think he needs to be investigated and potentially impeached is the allegations (and arguable proof) of Russian involvement/support. That's not to say his appointments have been particularly inspiring..

We live in interesting times.

What Russian involvement?

(Cartoon by Phil Hand)
  • SDAddick said:

First thing he wants to do is take away my healthcare, and potentially that of 22 million people.

The office of the President has changed almost everyone. It will not change him. I was someone who thought it would, but looking at his attitude during the transition and his cabinet appointments, it's clear that his ego is larger than the office. His cabinet is full of people with absolutely no qualifications to run the departments they've been put in charge of. Google Senate hearings for DeVos, Carson, Tillerson, Sessions, Perry, etc.

He has promised many things he cannot fulfill. Factory jobs aren't coming back. There is no way to expand healthcare without huge spending or socializing it. Many of his closest advisors would take away basic human rights (including voting rights) from minorities, LGTBQ+ people, and even Muslims and Jews. There is talk of creating a Muslim registry. He will not drain the swamp, he has instead filled his cabinet with some of the biggest Republican donors you can find, those who have more access because of money.

He and many of his advisors are currently being investigated for their potential ties to Russia.

He is currently in violation of the Emoluments clause of the Constitution.

I'm sorry this is rather disjointed but need to get back to working on a proposal for a technology overall for how healthcare payment systems are structured. Still trying to do my part in making Government work, even if we have so many in office and power now who are dedicated to tearing it down.

So SD, give us some details about your health insurance, like. how much does it cost, how much has it gone up since Obamacare? How much is your deductible? If you are typical of most Americans who have Obamacare, your premiums have gone up between 300 and 500 percent in that time, some very much more. The deductibles are usually in the region of 6000 dollars a year, which means that most expense comes out of peoples pockets anyway. For married couples, the premiums are double and so are the deductibles. In most states the insurance companies are dropping out of Obamacare because they are losing their butts, so Obamacare is actually collapsing under it's own weight, and will not exist much longer no matter who is President. Most people with Obamacare nowadays are only in it to avoid the fine for not having it, not because there's any benefit in having it. Obviously there are some exceptions, but they are few and far between, Obamacare is a failure, there's no other conclusion can be reached. Let's see what Trump has to offer in it's place, he's got some brainy people working on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    SDAddick said:

Want to trade healthcare plans with me? How about you @buckshee? Or the access to healthcare that so many women depend on through Planned Parenthood? Want to have your rights to equality and protection taken away like it will be from my friends who are gay? Want to register yourself for a national registry because of your religion, despite the fact that religion has almost no effect on violence in the US? Want to be slightly afraid because you're Jewish, and the chief strategist in the White House is an anti-semite, and neo-Nazis and the KKK openly supported Trump and view his victory as a victory for their cause?

If you'd like to list out some of his policies and appointments you support, I'd be happy to discuss those with you.
    I have family in Phillie and they are less than complimentary about Obama care. Before and since the electron results it seems the worst behavior has come from the ever so caring left.
  • Repealing ACA is going to cost thousands of lives. Sorry if your bills went up a couple of hundred dollars - I'd have thought that's a price worth paying to help fellow citizens who are less fortunate.
  • buckshee said:

Shit loads of crystal balls from the snowflakes on this thread.

Only one melt I can see.
  • President Trump

• President Trump

Not even funny.
  • President Trump

Not even funny.
    But they endorse him.
  • edited January 2017
    SDAddick said:

It's not Planned Parenthood that conservatives want to quit funding, it's the public funding of abortions, and you know as well as I do, that Trump doesn't want a registry of people because of their religion, he only wants to keep tabs on illegal aliens, especially when they are from countries that are unstable. As far as neo-nazis and KKK supporting him, how does he have any control over that? It doesn't mean he supports them. You admit to being a Marxist, so you will never accept anybody right of center, and you will do your best to discredit Trump no matter how well he does, I suggest you open your mind, and like everybody has to, watch and see what he does.
  • I have posted on this thread already re Trump, but The Democrats have brought this on themselves lets not forget, they basically viewed this election as the crowning of Hillary Clinton, a poor candidate by anyone's judgement. So let's not forget that in our analysis of the tango man.
  • Sponsored links:

• limeygent said:

SDAddick said:

It's not Planned Parenthood that conservatives want to quit funding, it's the public funding of abortions.
    Abortions are not federally funded with a few rare exceptions (rape, incest)*. And yes, it is Planned Parenthood they want to defund.

*https://www.aclu.org/other/public-funding-abortion
  • Huskaris said:

I have posted on this thread already re Trump, but The Democrats have brought this on themselves lets not forget, they basically viewed this election as the crowning of Hillary Clinton, a poor candidate by anyone's judgement. So let's not forget that in our analysis of the tango man.

How are they responsible for HIS policies?

I don't argue she had flaws, but he is the President now and Republicans control both houses of congress. You cannot continue to blame her and the Democrats.
  • SDAddick said:

limeygent said:

SDAddick said:

It's not Planned Parenthood that conservatives want to quit funding, it's the public funding of abortions.
    Abortions are not federally funded with a few rare exceptions (rape, incest)*. And yes, it is Planned Parenthood they want to defund.

*https://www.aclu.org/other/public-funding-abortion
    That's not the way it's actually working though.
  • limeygent said:

SDAddick said:

It's not Planned Parenthood that conservatives want to quit funding, it's the public funding of abortions, and you know as well as I do, that Trump doesn't want a registry of people because of their religion, he only wants to keep tabs on illegal aliens, especially when they are from countries that are unstable. As far as neo-nazis and KKK supporting him, how does he have any control over that? It doesn't mean he supports them. You admit to being a Marxist, so you will never accept anybody right of center, and you will do your best to discredit Trump no matter how well he does, I suggest you open your mind, and like everybody has to, watch and see what he does.
    He has control over who supports him by the policies he espouses.
    He makes the noises they like.
    A rose by any name.......
  • He'll probably be a good president but will get no credit because the left keep bloody whinging.

We don't have a left. We have right and further right.
    So there is no left?
    Who was it then, who kidnapped a disabled trump fan and physically,racially abused him whilst streaming the event on Facebook?

Who was it that spent the last 24 hours protesting against trump in DC?

Who were the ones throwing urine on trump fans at said event on the sidewalks?

How about the Hollywood/LA 'scene' as well as cnn, new work times and BBC , not to mention every ' British 'comedian' ripping trump to shreds constantly since early 2016?

iainment said:

President Trump

Not even funny.
    But they endorse him.
    So that makes it ok to compare the two does it?

Do you think he requires thier endorsement?

A man who has said supposedly nasty things, and upset a few people in doing so or the nazi regime? Hmmm As the Americans would say' go figure'....

• SDAddick said:

Huskaris said:

I have posted on this thread already re Trump, but The Democrats have brought this on themselves lets not forget, they basically viewed this election as the crowning of Hillary Clinton, a poor candidate by anyone's judgement. So let's not forget that in our analysis of the tango man.

How are they responsible for HIS policies?

I don't argue she had flaws, but he is the President now and Republicans control both houses of congress. You cannot continue to blame her and the Democrats.
    Put up a credible candidate and Trump doesn't get President.

It's like people complaining that someone like Liam Fox got PM if Labour's candidate was Corbyn.

Having Clinton as the candidate made it easy for people to vote Trump.
  • iainment said:

limeygent said:

SDAddick said:

He has control over who supports him by the policies he espouses.
    He makes the noises they like.
    A rose by any name.......
    More importantly, he has control over who he surrounds himself with. He hired Steve Bannon, a white nationalist and anti-semite as his campaign manager and chief strategist. Steve Bannon would not send his daughters to school with me (literally) because my school used to be a Jewish temple.

From his ex-wife:
    "Then after the couple toured Willows Community School, she said he “asked me if it bothered me that the school used to be in a Temple. I said no and asked why he asked … he did not respond.”

Willow Community School, where a young SDAddick was in attendance.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-campaign-ceo-steve-bannon-accused-anti-semitic-remarks-ex-n638731

He also beat his ex wife
  • Repealing ACA is going to cost thousands of lives. Sorry if your bills went up a couple of hundred dollars - I'd have thought that's a price worth paying to help fellow citizens who are less fortunate.

This is just lefty bullshit.