Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Unusual Sandwich Combinations (warning, weirdo alert)

edited January 2017 in Not Sports Related
So either drunken, or all that was left in the fridge/larder...what is the oddest sandwich you have made and actually eaten..... A recent one of mine ... cold Brussel Sprout and Marmite sandwich...

Comments

• edited January 2017
    erithalf said:

So either drunken, or all that was left in the fridge/larder...what is the oddest sandwich you have made and actually eaten..... A recent one of mine ... cold Brussel Sprout and Marmite sandwich...

kin hell.....
  • I doubt anyone will 'out odd' that.
  • Shit 'n sugar
  • Used to love a Fuzzy's Grub roast dinner bap when I used to work in the city.

Full roast dinner including gravy and condiments in a great big dirty roll......handsome!
  • Scrambled egg and prawn cocktail crisps.
    Got in pissed up and fancied scrambled egg on toast. Whilst waiting for eggs to scramble, opened crisps. Eggs were ready but I hadn't pushed the toaster down so they all went in a sandwich.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    I was in Subway the other day and the bloke in front of me was taking forever to decide, in the end he opted for just bread and sauce. Me and the guy behind the till were amazed, he literally took about 10 minutes and then opted for just sauce.
  • Banana and Nutella
  • Not odd but mainly invention of necessity. Really fancied a bacon sarnie but we had no bread. We did have croissants though, so I baked the croissant whilst cooking the bacon then cut the croissant in half and stuck the bacon in, never would have guessed how great it tasted. Probably awful for the arteries though.
  • corn flakes & honey .. cheese & orange .. ham & apple
  • erithalf said:

You're an embarrassment
  • My dad told me how his mum would give them salt and pepper sandwiches when they were kids. Apparently it was supposed to taste like roast beef (although I wouldn't be surprised if my grandma was kidding them on!)
  • I'm a fussy bugger when it comes to sandwiches. If I want a ham sandwich, I'll put ham in it. My wife always asks me "don't you want anything else with that, tomatoes, lettuce etc". It's not that I don't like lettuce or tomatoes but I just want a ham sandwich. Same goes for chicken, not sweet corn, stuffing, salad (maybe bacon as an exception) and most meats.
  • se9addick said:

erithalf said:

You're an embarrassment
    Just hungry
  • Im 38 years old and I still love Peanut Butter and Tomato Ketchup sandwiches! Dont know it before you've tried it. It's lovely. Also with Salad Cream instead of TK!!
  • Sponsored links:

• iamdan said:

Banana and Nutella

Nowt wrong with that, is great toasted with cream cheese
  • brown sauce or piccalili between 2 bits of bread.

• Dairylea, cheese n onion discos and salad cream.
  • Cheese and jam or marmalade and peanut butter.
  • Cheese and jam or marmalade and peanut butter.

Dirt
  • Fried Mushrooms in a sandwich with mayo.
    A long time ago my Aunt used to bring over from Spain "Chorizos in Manteca" basically tins of cold paprika sausages in congealed butter with pimiento and saffron, lovely in a sandwich- not sure if its still available but I guess anyone who used to love them have probably pegged it by now.
  • Marmite and lettuce.
    Mashed potato and peas.
  • Peanut butter with pickled onions.

Steak slices / steak pie in buttered bread with tomato ketchup. That one seems normal to me.