Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Lions Match Thread 14/01/17

Afternoon folks, well here we are then, just a few weeks ago we went to The Den and got stuffed. Now the return at The Valley and we have the chance to put right not just that defeat, but no wins for 20 years against them! We will I presume have a new look side out there, and if Karl can 'walk the talk' then will we see a new era starting today?? Have his new additions got the skill and bottle for this game, are we, as he said, going to be watched by all the other teams in League 1, and, if we are, are we going to put the fear of god into them? Lots of questions and statements that will be answered by 5 pm tonight!!
As for my opinion....I see us winning this 2-1, or maybe even 3-1. Sources are indicating that the returning Tony Watt will be on the bench, is this now finally his time as well in the Red Shirt, will he finally become a folk hero at The Valley, or is it all bluster again?
I'll bring you the teams as soon as I have them, but for now COYR's!!!!!!!!

Comments

• SDAddick said:

@Redmidland, as always, thank you.

Thanks mate.
  • edited January 2017
    Afternoon RM. This is the 50th meeting between the clubs at league and cup level of which we have only won 7 in my lifetime, the last one I witnessed being the 1-0 at Upton Park as nomads on 7/3/92 nearly 25 years ago.

Defeat against the scum always hurts but it's just a numbness these days which normally wears off overnight as I've learnt to live with it. Will today be any different? New faces and a much changed team I expect from the capitulation at the toolbox a month ago so I can but dream of goals in the 25th and 50th minutes (see what I did there) for us and nil against. COYRs

• Looking fwd to see what the team is today
  • RedChaser said:

Afternoon RM. This is the 50 meeting between the clubs at fleague and cup level of which we have only won 7 in my lifetime, the last one I witnessed being the 1-0 at Upton Park as nomads on 7/3/92 nearly 25 years ago.

Defeat against the scum always hurts but it's just a numbness these days which normally wears off overnight as I've learnt to live with it. Will today be any different? New faces and a much changed team I expect from the capitulation at the toolbox a month ago so I can but dream of goals in the 25th and 50thminutes (see what I did there) for us and nil against. COYRs

Think it's the 74th, of which we have won 12. Six wins since the War.
  • RedChaser said:

Afternoon RM. This is the 50 meeting between the clubs at fleague and cup level of which we have only won 7 in my lifetime, the last one I witnessed being the 1-0 at Upton Park as nomads on 7/3/92 nearly 25 years ago.

Defeat against the scum always hurts but it's just a numbness these days which normally wears off overnight as I've learnt to live with it. Will today be any different? New faces and a much changed team I expect from the capitulation at the toolbox a month ago so I can but dream of goals in the 25th and 50thminutes (see what I did there) for us and nil against. COYRs

Think it's the 74th, of which we have won 12. Six wins since the War.
    Not in my lifetime it isn't though :wink:
  • If crossbars is anything to go by it must be a sell out...not seen it this busy so early
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking fwd to see what the team is today

Spineless probably
    Hopefully KR is putting out the strongest team we've had all season. He's the kinda bloke that wants hero status asap.

• I hate all this talk of ..... "we haven't beaten them for 20 years".

Don't forget, the first 13 seasons of those 20 years they didn't beat us at all - because Millwall were always in a lower division than Charlton.

Now today, it's our chance to put right our record of the last 7 years!
    COYR!

• As above.......Thank you from the bottom of my heart RM, I am in such a 'nice' mood now. Come 5 to 5 I might not be quite as polite!!................Come on you REDS, PLEASE PLEASE give us something to cheer us up. Even if it is for just a short while!!

COYR............
  • edited January 2017
    Charlton: Rudd, Solly (c), Teixeira, Bauer, Page, Crofts, Konsa, Byrne, Chicksen, Aribo, Magennis.

Subs: Phillips, Johnson, Dasilva, Ulvestad, Forster-Caskey, Holmes, Watt.

Millwall: Archer, Cummings, Hutchinson, Craig (c), Williams, Thompson, Gregory, Onyedinma, Webster, Morison, O'Brien.

Subs: King, Worrall, Romeo, Butcher, Ferguson, Abdou, Smith.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-team-news-millwall-3518671.aspx#EwVYkXhScCD5yV4J.99
  • With a full away end behind them and a Charlton team that just can,t get its head around beating Millwall expect the best we can do is 0-0 .

• No Ajose even on the bench!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Exciting bench except for Johnson.
  • That confirms Ajose is off
  • RoJo on the bench! F#ck it, thought we'd have seen the last of him.
  • KR mentions having to leave people off the bench but doesn't mention Ajose by name.

As I've said before, I just don't see how he fits into the system, and he wasn't exactly setting the world alight in a 4-4-2.
  • Good bench options. Worries me that Johnson is just an injury/suspension away from the first XI though
  • Leuth said:

Now THAT is a bench

Except for Johnson.
  • The only issue with that team is Chicksen - there are about four players on the bench who are potentially greater attacking threats in his position. But he hasn't really let us down so far and if he contributes to a goal or two it'll be fully justified.
  • No Ajose even on the bench!!

Unless he is injured KR doesn't fancy him and wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by the end of the transfer window.
  • Seems pretty defensive
  • Good bench options. Worries me that Johnson is just an injury/suspension away from the first XI though

Maybe, although I think Konsa is at risk to be dropped in favor of Forster-Caskey from next week, but I think Konsa is ahead of Johnson in the center back pecking order.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!