Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Bowyer back

He's dropping in to work with the young midfielders on a freelance basis.

Living locally again.

Comments

• Was running a carp lake over here.

Both him and Bullard are big carp fishers, they were also playing together in non league a couple of years ago
  • I'm dry over the weekend so this is good - I'll see if Lee can meet me by the corner of the club shop and sort me out.
  • Field trips to Eltham McDonalds and a free Anger Management Masterclass thrown in?

What's Kieron Dyer doing these days, he could give him a hand with team spirit :wink: .
  • edited January 2017
    Saw Bowyer score at shithurst in front of their new two tier stand which had just been built and always referred to by me, if I happen to be in the comoany of a Nigel, as the 'Lee Bowyer' stand (even though it was not the first goal that end scored by an away team 95/96 IIRC) :smiley: .

Both him and Bullard are big carp fishers, they were also playing together in non league a couple of years ago
    anglers, Dave
    And that...
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Paul Walsh aside he's the best teenager I've ever seen

Tough call for me, but then again I saw the likes of Hinton and Bonds but leaving all the animosity aside over his departure to Chelsea, it's Parker for me.
    Gomez
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Tough call for me, but then again I saw the likes of Hinton and Bonds but leaving all the animosity aside over his departure to Chelsea, it's Parker for me.
    Last minute winner at Leeds came over to us in the corner;
    Great goal.
  • Depends if we are talking about JUST with us or their career...?
  • RedChaser said:

Parker only improved after we sent him on loan reading? Can't remember.
    But as a teenager Bowyer all day long
  • edited January 2017
    He was on loan at Norwich and he came on leaps and bounds because he could not break into our Premiership first team initially. Still our best youth product IMO. The rest is history.

Bullard is a match angler
    Actually quite good mixes with the dorking boys
  • RedChaser said:

He was on loan at Norwich and he came on leaps and bounds because he could not break into a Premiership first team. The rest is history.

Norwich thanx couldn't remember
  • Sponsored links:

• Got to be Defore as our best kid to come through ?

He actually brought the lake it was in france

He actually brought the lake it was in france
    Im looking at doing the same down in the SW
  • Good idea by Robbo. Keeps training fresh and interesting.
  • I'll never forget that hat trick at selhurst. if he can get any of our young midfielders playing even half as well it will be amazing
  • edited January 2017
    There was a story a few weeks ago about footballers from the past and Bowyer was mentioned, apart from the lake it mentioned he was interested in getting into management and was linked with The Charlton vacancy.

Our midfield could do with his aggression and goal scoring ability.
  • My dad would say Paul Walsh
  • edited January 2017

Got to be Defore as our best kid to come through ?

This very much depends on how old you are as to what you have seen and remember.......for example, Leary and Firmani were streets ahead of DeFoe as indeed was Paul Walsh, Parker, Rufus! Hinton and at least half a dozen others I could choose from that I have seen over the last 60 years.