Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fitbit

Comments

• Got rid of my Fitbit as I'm a runner and it doesn't have GPS built in so I had to take my phone every time I ran. Now got the Garmin vivosmart hr+. Doesn't look as good as the Fitbit but works perfectly when running & great for mapping and logging. Also has whatsapp notification as well as text messages which the Fitbit doesn't have.
  • My Fitbit has WhatsApp, messenger and text notifications. Agree though, it's next to useless for exercise because the HR monitor just isn't even close to accurate during exertion.

I hadn't checked the group for a while - didn't realise I was motivating you @Stig :smiley:

It's really good for tracking resting heart rate and sleep patterns though - I'm pleased with mine as it's really given me a good idea of how bad my sleep is
  • Stig said:

Well chuffed at managing half a million steps in December. I wouldn't have managed that if I wasn't privately battling against Leroy (I don't know if he even knew it) who put in a tremendous amount of work over Christmas. Thanks Leroy.

January is hotting up already. TCE looks like he'll be a very strong challenger.

1/2 million steps is some going. Well done.
  • Enjoying this Fitbit challenge. I'm going for it this week lads as I've got a birthday next week and a girls weekend in Spain while you're all at the Millwall game.

Carry on walking!
  • Has anyone upgraded from the charge to the Charge 2? I love it, looks so much better but how do you start your exercise log? I used to press the side button down to start and finish, now that button just turns notifications on or off?

Also can anyone tell me how to change the sleep back from sensitive to normal?
  • Curb_It said:

Has anyone upgraded from the charge to the Charge 2? I love it, looks so much better but how do you start your exercise log? I used to press the side button down to start and finish, now that button just turns notifications on or off?

Very tempted to upgrade as love the bigger display and notifications stuff on the Charge 2

Sleep setting - Should be in you account settings>advanced settings accessible on your phone/PC

• Curb_It said:

Has anyone upgraded from the charge to the Charge 2? I love it, looks so much better but how do you start your exercise log? I used to press the side button down to start and finish, now that button just turns notifications on or off?

I'm still learning how to use mine, I didn't know you could adjust the stride length until yesterday. I was surprised to find how restless I am while sleeping and how often I wake up.
    I found this............
    To change your setting in the Fitbit app for iOS or Windows 10, go to Account > Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity. To change your setting in the fitbit.com dashboard, go to Settings > Devices > scroll down to Sleep Tracking.
  • Thanks. I don't know why I couldn't find that.

How do you calculate your stride length?
  • Curb_It said:

Thanks. I don't know why I couldn't find that.

I think more of a case, starting a workout of a known distance and the device uses this from then on.
  • Curb_It said:

Enjoying this Fitbit challenge. I'm going for it this week lads as I've got a birthday next week and a girls weekend in Spain while you're all at the Millwall game.

Carry on walking!

Is this challenge @Kimbo's Workweek Hustle? It's a bloody nightmare. I did 24,000 steps in the first two days and the only reason I wasn't bottom of the table last night was that the last person hadn't synched for ages. Bloody hell. I told my wife it's all because the rest of you are walking to work because of the Tube strikes.

• Sponsored links:

• No it's the Charlton life Fitbit monthly group. The link I posted before.

I walk for exercise hence why my steps are high. But going back to spinning next week.
  • Curb_It said:

Enjoying this Fitbit challenge. I'm going for it this week lads as I've got a birthday next week and a girls weekend in Spain while you're all at the Millwall game.

Carry on walking!

Is this challenge @Kimbo's Workweek Hustle? It's a bloody nightmare. I did 24,000 steps in the first two days and the only reason I wasn't bottom of the table last night was that the last person hadn't synched for ages. Bloody hell. I told my wife it's all because the rest of you are walking to work because of the Tube strikes.

I know!! Most of them I line manage, they obviously aren't working hard enough
  • Curb_It said:

Thanks. I don't know why I couldn't find that.

I think more of a case, starting a workout of a known distance and the device uses this from then on.

Ok thanks.

I've worked out my other issue now too. You keep pressing the button to you get to stopwatch then start/stop.

Yes T that's what I like about it.
  • kimbo said:

Curb_It said:

Carry on walking!

I know!! Most of them I line manage, they obviously aren't working hard enough
    And now I have to walk out in the snow, to get to pilates, and make sure I remember to keep my fitbit on during pilates, in a desperate attempt to avoid bottom place.

This is what a Fitbit Challenge does to people. :-)

• Curb_It said:

No it's the Charlton life Fitbit monthly group. The link I posted before.

I walk for exercise hence why my steps are high. But going back to spinning next week.

• edited February 2017
    Passed the 12 million step mark this morning in 798 days, averaging 7.5 miles a day.

Looking at getting a device that has a heart monitor option on it. My jawbone 2 doesn't have one, I could get the 3, however they don't have a good review.
  • I have just bought a blaze at the airport, only had it a day but like it, still working out how accurate the step count is.
  • edited March 2017
    Got a charge 2 last week, after having a jawbone for 2 1/4 years.

Done a 6 mile walk with the dog yesterday, normally just over 12k steps on jawbone. Using GPS on Fitbit, it was just over 6 miles, however my steps were under 10K. Done the same walk this morning, without the GPS setting being on, steps just under 10K, however the distance 4.78 miles. Something wrong?

• Do you know what your stride length is? On advanced settings.
  • Got a charge 2 last week, after having a jawbone for 2 1/4 years.

Done a 6 mile walk with the dog yesterday, normally just over 12k steps on jawbone. Using GPS on Fitbit, it was just over 6 miles, however my steps were under 10K. Done the same walk this morning, without the GPS setting being on, steps just under 10K, however the distance 4.78 miles. Something wrong?

My sister had a problem with her Fitbit losing steps, she contacted them and they sent a new model. Turned out it was the frame of the pram causing interference but amazing response from Fitbit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

Do you know what your stride length is? On advanced settings.

It's on set automatically.
  • I need to get my daughter one of these for her birthday.

I don't know a thing about these but where is the best place to buy and what model should I get?
  • Any electronics wizards out there. I was away last week in Lisbon, and when I got home to recharge the fitbit, the battery was as good as dead. Sincé then it refuses to sync with my pone. I've forcé stopped the app, turned the bluetooth on and off, rebooted the mobile, and it still refuses to acknowledge any updates.
    Any suggestions?
  • Any electronics wizards out there. I was away last week in Lisbon, and when I got home to recharge the fitbit, the battery was as good as dead. Sincé then it refuses to sync with my pone. I've forcé stopped the app, turned the bluetooth on and off, rebooted the mobile, and it still refuses to acknowledge any updates.
    Any suggestions?

Go into Bluetooth settings on your phone and delete the device from there. Re-sync it to your phone and it should be sorted.

(a long winded more useful version of turn it off and back on again!)

I have had a similar issue on my TomTom Multisport since the latest app update.

Sadly that little beggar doesn't do steps so I am looking at the proper activity trackers going forwards.

Any good premium ones out there that don't look like crap?
  • Nice one, I'lltry and let you know if it works.
  • Aaaand didn't work. Another 14,000 steps that fail to log. I've been told rdmoving the app and reloading might help. Any ideas?
  • Aaaand didn't work. Another 14,000 steps that fail to log. I've been told rdmoving the app and reloading might help. Any ideas?

It's worth a try. Have a look online at you account to see if your steps have been added.
  • Had my Fitbit for a month, gone pasted the 250 miles mark, no London Underground Badge, don't know why, any ideas?
    It seems easier to get a CL bagde.
  • Not sure what's happening, when I add up my weekly mileage it's total is 268 miles, when I look at my Lifetime achievement mileage it's 231, so that might explain the missing badge. So the question is why the difference?
  • edited July 2017
    I've had a Nike Fuel band for about 4 years and it has been great for motivating me to keep moving. It helped me to lose about four stone (although my wife deciding she wanted a divorce clearly helped with that) and it has helped me keep most of it off.

The Fuelband has been discontinued and now the app doesn't work properly but Nike say that they won't be applying any fixes to it as they have discontinued it.

Is the Fitbit the ideal alternative? I only really need something that I can use as a guide to how much I need to do on lazy days, but i'd like to have a record stored somewhere - ideally on my phone.

I see that some have GPS trackers and text message alerts are they worth the extra money or are they just gimmicks that you use for the first week or so?

Edit: I quite like the idea of tracking sleep patterns too, although that's not really the main reason for getting one.