Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Piggott

Comments

• He's L2 at best, but I've probably upset the masses by saying that, as he's proper Charlton & always gave his best.

Totally agree, never actually rated him at all, didn't get the hype. Just one of those things.
  • Had a great pre-season for Cambridge, but has not been able to reproduce that form and their crowd are now on his back...
  • cafc-west said:

Coincidence this thread popped up just before Millwall @ home .

Dreadful managerial decision to put him out against Millwall. Was nowhere near ready for the pressure of that.
    I might be wrong but I thought we were having massive problems with injuries at the time...
  • Joe never did it for me. A big lump with not much finesse. Without appearing too harsh but I'm not surprised this is the level he has reached. Good luck to him though in finding a comfortable level.
  • pickwick said:

Had a great pre-season for Cambridge, but has not been able to reproduce that form and their crowd are now on his back...

I thought he got injured himself for a while?
  • Rob said:

Joe never did it for me. A big lump with not much finesse. Without appearing too harsh but I'm not surprised this is the level he has reached. Good luck to him though in finding a comfortable level.

I'm not sure he's reached his comfortable level yet, sadly...
  • Proper charlton! Agreed. He completely bottled it against millwall and ran the ball out of play without an opposition player in sight
  • Proper charlton! Agreed. He completely bottled it against millwall and ran the ball out of play without an opposition player in sight

Easy to say this, but the young man was clearly suffering from stage-fright, which I can tell you is an awful experience, and can affect even experienced professional musicians. I thought he was a good prospect in the U-21's, and was convinced he had a good future ahead as a pro footballer. Sadly it does not look likely to happen. Maybe a sports psychologist could help.
  • edited January 2017
    He could've done with someone providing cover in front of him...........hang on he was a CF plus wrong thread and we've moved on :blush: .
  • He was an exceptional finisher. His goal in the playoffs for whoever it was when we loaned him out was exceptional! But for a striker of his size he needed a bit more about his game...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    Sage said:

He's L2 at best, but I've probably upset the masses by saying that, as he's proper Charlton & always gave his best.

Totally agree, never actually rated him at all, didn't get the hype. Just one of those things.
    That is just it with some of these young player sadly. They shine like beacons in the U21s but never cut it a 1st team level. He was exceptional in the U21 Final at Cardiff but in the 1st team in the Championship he looked out of his depth. It would have been interesting tosee how he would fair in this current League 1 team.
  • That Millwall game was painful to watch , he should have been subbed at half time but he was kept on and he just got worse. Bromley or Welling about his level which is a level still good but not FL quality , sorry Joe
  • just realised the other day i went to school with his missus. Very nice private school bird!

Would ya?
  • drewman said:

just realised the other day i went to school with his missus. Very nice private school bird!

Would ya?

100% yes
    RedChaser said:

drewman said:

just realised the other day i went to school with his missus. Very nice private school bird!

Would ya?
    More interestingly have you? :open_mouth: .
    100% in my dreams
  • He was an exceptional finisher. His goal in the playoffs for whoever it was when we loaned him out was exceptional! But for a striker of his size he needed a bit more about his game...

Southend
  • cafc-west said:

Dreadful managerial decision to put him out against Millwall. Was nowhere near ready for the pressure of that.
    He just wasn't very good. I remember watching him in the U18s and thinking that he, Azeez and Sho-Silva were not going to make it in the league. Fair play to Pigott for having had a career at all
  • Who was our manager for that game?
  • wmcf123 said:

cafc-west said:

He just wasn't very good. I remember watching him in the U18s and thinking that he, Azeez and Sho-Silva were not going to make it in the league. Fair play to Pigott for having had a career at all
    I'd have to agree. I also think we're a bit blinkered as fans here when it comes to our youth products. Just because they've come through the academy and got into the first team doesn't necessarily mean they're going to make it.

The hype around Jordan Cousins springs to mind. Just a typical modern footballer in terms of his athleticism, fitness, engine and stamina. Absolutely nothing about him that will propel him on from playing higher than mid to lower championship teams
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

wmcf123 said:

cafc-west said:

I'd have to agree. I also think we're a bit blinkered as fans here when it comes to our youth products. Just because they've come through the academy and got into the first team doesn't necessarily mean they're going to make it.

The hype around Jordan Cousins springs to mind. Just a typical modern footballer in terms of his athleticism, fitness, engine and stamina. Absolutely nothing about him that will propel him on from playing higher than mid to lower championship teams
    Agreed. The level of club that signs our players is a good indication of how the wider world of football sees them.
  • Is he returning

Wouldnt be surprised if it was Bury tho, just lost Smith
  • edited January 2018
    Their fans are saying AFC Wimbledon - Would be about right (them or Gillingham) based on their budgets etc.

Good luck to him, wasnt expecting to ever see him return to this level though

• edited January 2018

Their fans are saying AFC Wimbledon - Would be about right (them or Gillingham) based on their budgets etc.

Good luck to him, wasnt expecting to ever see him return to this level though

AFC Wimbledon seem to have a higher % of obnoxious fans than most.
  • se9addick said:

Fair play to him - assumed he'd never make it at this level, very happy for him to prove me wrong.

He hasn't yet.
  • se9addick said:

Fair play to him - assumed he'd never make it at this level, very happy for him to prove me wrong.

Guess he's not made it yet but the deal surprises me more after how he did @ Cambridge after he left us

I guess it seems to be that when you drop to Non-League you'll do one of three things

- Fall even further till you've gone (Tamer Tuna)
    - Steady out and spend your career at the various levels
    - Recover and bounce back into the Football League