Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

4-2-3-1

Looks like Karl will switch to his favoured
4-2-3-1 wanting us to play fast expansive attacking football.

1st XI

Magennis
Holmes ?? Bryne
Crofts JFC
Chicken Pearce Teixeira Solly
Rudd

2nd XI

Watt/Novak
DaSilva Aribo. Ajose/Botaka
Jackson Ulvestad
Page Lennon. Bauer Konsa
Phillips

What would be your 1st/2nd choice XI?

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Phillips
    Solly Bauer. Texeira. Chicksen
    Konsa
    JFC Aribo
    Byrne Holmes
    Magennis

• edited January 2017
    Rudd
    Solly | Pearce | Teixeira | Chicksen
    Konsa | Crofts
    Byrne | JFC | Holmes
    Magennis

Phillips
    Konsa | Bauer | Teixeira | Page
    Ulvestad | Crofts
    Botaka | Aribo | Dasilva
    Ajose
  • edited January 2017
    So 0-0 after extra time then as both teams cancel each other out :open_mouth:

Seriously though the balance and cover of the squad looks better on paper; now the acid test is what happens on the pitch.

And there is still the experienced Jacko, Rojo and Novak plus Lennon from FA's line ups to call upon if need be.
  • RedChaser said:

So 0-0 after extra time then as both teams cancel each other out :open_mouth:

Seriously though the balance and cover of the squad looks better on paper; now the acid test is what happens on the pitch.

The weak areas (Wingers) have certainly been covered now... At the start of the season we had:

RM; Botaka / Holmes
    LM: Holmes / Lookman

Now we've got

RM: Botaka | Byrne | Holmes
    LM: Holmes | Dasilva | Chicksen

The CDM and No.10 roles are still a player weak in each area because if we lost both Crofts and Ulvestad you've got to rely on Konsa and Jackson whilst the No.10 role only really has JFC and Aribo
  • Squad is looking much better. Let's hope the young lads that play this weekend have the attitude to beat a decent Millwall side.

We can dream can't we? ...
  • edited January 2017
    robroy said:

Squad is looking much better. Let's hope the young lads that play this weekend have the attitude to beat a decent Millwall side.

We can dream can't we? ...

Of course we can but unfortunately this is the game that means far more to the fans than the players especially those here today gone tomorrow, it's just another game to them.

We also need leaders on the pitch because without them and only 7 wins in 49 attempts in my lifetime the odds are not stacked in our favour. Let's hope it's a lucky bullseye :wink: .
  • Well we know Robbo can't play the same winning side as Fox and Gomez gone and Bottika away. I would think we would replace Fox with Chicksen, but have no idea who is better and fit enough to replace the three of them. Holmes will surely be one, then I'm lost.

Love to know the planning ahead of the game going on at the slum!
  • Redrobo said:

Well we know Robbo can't play the same winning side as Fox and Gomez gone and Bottika away. I would think we would replace Fox with Chicksen, but have no idea who is better and fit enough to replace the three of them. Holmes will surely be one, then I'm lost.

Love to know the planning ahead of the game going on at the slum!

We'll if Holmes starts he'll be getting a reducer on his foot early doors I expect.
  • Rudd
    Solly Bauer Pearce Page
    Crofts JFC
    Byrne NEW Holmes
    Magennis

Bench: Phillips Konsa Tex Aribo Botaka Watt Novak

Think we need a new No 10 to compete with Aribo/ take a bit of the pressure off him. Watt on the bench over Ajose for his ability to turn ability game and Novak of we need to go route 1.

Phillips
    NEW Tex Lennon Chicksen
    Konsa Ulvestad
    Botaka Aribo Dasilva
    Hanlan

Rojo Jackson Novak Ajose KAG Umerah Watt

We don't have a dedicated RB back up but Konsa/Byrne could play there but that would weaken another position. Obviously this 2 11s doesn't happen in real life so we could get away without it for the rest of the season. In an ideal world I'd have kept Foley as the utility player.

Think JFC may play no 10 against stronger sides away from home to allow for Konsa in CM whigh will strengthen us defensively.
  • Sponsored links:

• It won't catch on
  • edited January 2017
    Possible team vs Millwall. Doesn't look too bad at all

Rudd
    Solly | Bauer | Teixeira | Chicksen
    JCF | Crofts
    Holmes | Aribo | Byrne
    Magennis
  • Apart from the Sheff Utd game (where I'm pretty sure it was a good old 4-4-2 formation), l've not seen any of the other games where KR has been in charge.

Simple question is has he actually sent out a team playing 4-2-3-1 in any of these other games?
  • I can't believe, after 4 assists in 2 games, you've all consigned Aribo to the "also-rans" already...

Simply because Karl has spent plenty of time saying he was after a no 10. And an experienced no 10 coming in would allow Aribo to be brought in slowly as and when he is ready and there won't be pressure on him to play every game.
  • Apart from the Sheff Utd game (where I'm pretty sure it was a good old 4-4-2 formation), l've not seen any of the other games where KR has been in charge.

Simple question is has he actually sent out a team playing 4-2-3-1 in any of these other games?

Bristol Rovers
  • Rudd
    Solly | Pearce | Tex | Page
    JFC | Crofts
    Byrne | Aribo | Holmes
    Magennis

Bench, Phillips, Bauer, Chicksen, Ulvestad, Konsa, Watt, Ajose

If everyone was fit and in good form, this would be my preferred first 11, more than capable of putting together a push for the play offs.
  • Can watt play as a number 10?
  • Ted Rodgers would be poking his own eye out.
  • Rudd
    JFC | Crofts
    Byrne | Aribo | Holmes
    Magennis

If everyone was fit and in good form, this would be my preferred first 11, more than capable of putting together a push for the play offs.

Never seen Page or Byrne play so I will reserve judgement on whether they go into the best 11. Bauer in, please.
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

Rudd
    JFC | Crofts
    Byrne | Aribo | Holmes
    Magennis

Never seen Page or Byrne play so I will reserve judgement on whether they go into the best 11. Bauer in, please.
    It's not a "best 11" as such but my preferred team, personally I thought we looked better at the back with Pearce playing and Tex is the best CB we have so for me, Bauer misses out.
    As for Page and Byrne, I've not seen much of them but the general feeling is they are good additions, plus I can't see them coming to us to sit on the bench when they could of stayed at the clubs they were at sitting on their benches
  • Amazing how Croft has risen in the estimation of most, and this has only happened since the arrival of Robbo.

There are other factors, but I did not think he was as good as he is.
  • edited January 2017
    My side:

Phillips (shirt is his to lose ATM. Rudd shouldn't just be able to walk into the side.)

Solly | Bauer | Tex | Chicksen
    (Think I prefer Pearce, but out for the foreseeable future)

Crofts | Aribo
    (Joe doesn't deserve to be dropped, and I have seen no evidence in the first team, the U23s, or the KSC that he is a no. 10)

Byrne | JFC | Holmes
    (Hopeful that Holmes is fit soon. However, if you can get him fit, which I admit to being extremely doubtful, we have the best no. 10 imaginable in TW.)

Magennis
  • I can't believe, after 4 assists in 2 games, you've all consigned Aribo to the "also-rans" already...

Completely agree.

At the moment I would start him over several others in central midfield. If he's dropped it sends out the wrong message ...... he's done superbly in his two starts and therefore the position is his to lose.
  • Redrobo said:

Amazing how Croft has risen in the estimation of most, and this has only happened since the arrival of Robbo.

There are other factors, but I did not think he was as good as he is.

I said at the beginning of the season that any one of Crofts Jacko and even Foley would he much better in a midfield 3 and with some pace and youthful enegery around them.

It's just that Slade insisted in playing two or 3 of them together which brought out the best in none of them.

Same with Phillips- he's done no worse than Rudd, I'd continue to start him!

Same with Phillips- he's done no worse than Rudd, I'd continue to start him!
    KR called Rudd the best goalkeeper in League 1, so how can he leave him out, if he is not going to play him, Norwich will call him back and then you are left with Mitov as number 2.

He is young and needs to be developed and have the occassional first team outing. Same with Konsa.
  • Robbo needs to look them in the eye and see who is up for the fight. No place for anyone who is not going to give everything they have. I expect them to crawl off the pitch.
  • You can't win anything with kids.