Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall on the move?

Comments

• I prefer noone my-self.
  • Lewisham has 'h' after the 's'.
    Is that 'h' on the banner, we can't see it all?
  • edited January 2017
    seth plum said:

Lewisham has 'h' after the 's'.
    Is that 'h' on the banner, we can't see it all?

I'm going to guess they've done something really clever and witty and changed it to Lewiscum. But then maybe I'm being too kind.
  • Have a look at Millwall Online and you'll see how much support we get from them about our current demise and problems.

I don't remember getting much support from them either when we were at selhurst or Upton Park.

Do I want them to stay? Couldn't give a rats arse unless it effects us.

Buts still, no one is forcing them to move. It's what happens when you're a council tenant and the council wants to build on the bit of land next to your rented house.

Fair point but what about your mates who support Millwall?
  • Why is there a hyphen between no and one?

Probably because that spelling of 'no one' is becoming acceptable, on the grounds that it eliminates any ambiguity with 'no one' meaning 'not one'.
    Probably spelt that way so Craig Noone doesn't start thinking of things he'd done to upset Millwall fans.
  • 'No one' only means 'not one' if you are from Scotland surely?
  • DiscoCAFC said:

Have a look at Millwall Online and you'll see how much support we get from them about our current demise and problems.

I don't remember getting much support from them either when we were at selhurst or Upton Park.

Do I want them to stay? Couldn't give a rats arse unless it effects us.

Buts still, no one is forcing them to move. It's what happens when you're a council tenant and the council wants to build on the bit of land next to your rented house.

Fair point but what about your mates who support Millwall?
    I try not to mix with riff raff...

• dont get the love for them myself they would be laughing at us, and probably chanting the trainspotters are going bust or something to that effect, granted they may lose there home, but were they so sympathetic when we lost the valley?, know a few decent millwall fans but things like that silly banner wont help, just makes them look like thugs.
  • I'm confused I thought no-one likes them and is therefore their only friend
  • I was just trying to get to grips with the Millwall side of the story. I think it has been said on this thread that Berylson is a property developer. But that does not seem to be a fair description of his business interests, which seem to be varied. He was a director of Vision Express for a while in the 90s, for example.

I start to think that perhaps we are a bit suspicious of the Millwall side because the club itself is making all the public running, rather than the fans (per the Valley Party). We the fans resolutely defended Charlton's plans to redevelop the Valley, while being critical of elements of it. Nobody could mistake Airman Brown for a property developer, so the Council and local residents' portrayal of the plan as "crazy" or "monstrous" got no traction in the press.

Several articulate Lifers obviously know much more than I do about Millwall's plans. Are my remarks naive?
  • Sponsored links:

• I was just trying to get to grips with the Millwall side of the story. I think it has been said on this thread that Berylson is a property developer. But that does not seem to be a fair description of his business interests, which seem to be varied. He was a director of Vision Express for a while in the 90s, for example.

I start to think that perhaps we are a bit suspicious of the Millwall side because the club itself is making all these e public running, rather than the fans (per the Valley Party). We the fans resolutely defended Charlton's plans to redevelop the Valley, while being critical of elements of it. Nobody could mistake Airman Brown for a property developer, so the Council and local residents' portrayal of the plan as "crazy" or "monstrous" got no traction in the press.

Several articulate Lifers obviously know much more than I do about Millwall's plans. Are my remarks naive?

I don't know about that, I doubt the club were responsible for the "money grabbing cunts" poster

I start to think that perhaps we are a bit suspicious of the Millwall side because the club itself is making all the public running, rather than the fans (per the Valley Party). We the fans resolutely defended Charlton's plans to redevelop the Valley, while being critical of elements of it. Nobody could mistake Airman Brown for a property developer, so the Council and local residents' portrayal of the plan as "crazy" or "monstrous" got no traction in the press.

I tried to find out a bit, but to be honest it is difficult to understand the motives of anyone who would want to own a football club, let alone Millwall who don't actually own anything of substance. One then can't help concluding that he had an eye on the development opportunities surrounding the ground as these were known at the time. Or was it just coincidence? I would suggest not.

The impact is very small on Millwall IF the development is completed. (See sparrowlane's comments).

I do not think his own plans include the club buying the ground either. It appears that they wish to be given the land that Millwall currently rent to develop it, and then give an income back to the council. I know I keep on banging on about this, but this is not a proposal by Millwall for Millwall. So why should they be given any preference over any other developer? At least the prefered developers actually own a substantial proportion of the land they wish to develop.

If it was just about Millwall and their needs, one can't help but believe that reasonable discussion could not easily solve the question of the car parking spaces and the community centre (see also proposals on the indoor sports and youth centre). At the moment I suspect that he does not want to resolve these issues as he wants to use them for his own political reasons i.e make some money.

• Port Lympne Lions sounds even better!
  • Gravewall....
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    Badger said:

Apart from singing

"You're getting fucked by the Belgians"

Which while being quite accurate could also be construed as crowing about our demise.

: - )

This should do nicely for Saturday.
    "You're getting fucked by up the Council*"

Fixed that for you.

*Council as in "Council Gritter
  • Badger said:

Apart from singing

"You're getting fucked by the Belgians"

Which while being quite accurate could also be construed as crowing about our demise.

: - )

This should do nicely for Saturday.
    "You're getting fucked by up the Council*"
    Fixed that for you.

*Council as in "Council Gritter

Nice
  • Uboat said:

Well that's not very Christian.

At least they found someone who could spell.
    Oh well that's enough for me to let them get on with it themselves.
    And I don't want their forgiveness.
  • Redrobo said:

What people are forgetting is that the land that hosts the excellent Millwall Community Trust is being sold off to an offshore based private developer to build homes that surprise surprise won't be affordable for most working people.

Millwall Community Trust like our trust do excellent work. They support and help the young, the elderly and the disadvantaged. The Millwall Trust saved Lewisham council £7.5million last year but are now being thrown under the bus by the council. With this cruel and nasty government we have whose policy of decimating public services through needless austerity, these trusts have become more and more invaluable to people who need help and support. The worse thing about this, is that Lewisham council is a labour run council and some of the councillors have links to the private firm buying the land. You can't claim to be the party of anti auesterity if you're allowing your council to act like Tories.

This. Our community trust wins awards nearly every year and has done for the last 25 years. Putting aside what you think of our fans, this whole thing is rotten to the core.
    But it seems to me as an outsider that it is being suggested that the only way to save your community trust is the Millwall owners development plan?

What have you done as a supporters to engage with the council to look at alternatives? Have you set up an independent protest group? Have you contacted the developers to discuss what they could do in return for your support? What exactly have 'you' done to save it? How many meetings so far? What were the outcomes? Who is the activist's spokesman? Have you been raising any money for your campaign? What is the group called? Have you published your aims and what are they? What leaflets/ posters have you produced?

Quite frankly I would expect all of the above and more as it is what the public do in this country if they feel passionately about something.

Again as an outsider, it seems to me as it is your owner is doing all the running. Happy to be put right on all this.
    Don't give them ideas mate!