Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fitbit

Comments

• T.C.E said:

Curb_It said:

I have the Charge HR but thats now out of date and they've upgraded it to Charge 2. I think its best to get the one with the Heart Rate monitor. I am going to upgrade to the Charge 2 for Christmas hopefully.

This one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KSX374E/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&linkCode=ur2&tag=badger03-21&th=1&psc=1
    Curb_it has this one :smiley:

http://www.anton-paar.com/uk-en/products/details/online-alcohol-and-extract-measurement-wine-monitor/
  • T.C.E said:

Any suggestions one which one to buy? I have no idea, looking at a £120 budget.

Same here - my son wants one for Christmas and I don't know much about them!
  • Just joined this group and of course I'm last in everything :(
    Hopefully this will spur me on a bit though.
  • edited December 2016
    Sorry people, don't have a fitbit but my Garmin Fenix 3 counts my steps...

Last 4 weeks...

Last 12 months...

I was running over 100 miles a month up until April but have been injured pretty much since then sadly.
    Don't think I've done too bad considering.
  • Just joined this group and of course I'm last in everything :(
    Hopefully this will spur me on a bit though.

Lets start again in January! im hopeless at walking at the moment.

Thou I have just done a double spin class and now feel a bit wobbly.
  • Can it measure how many pints I drink over Christmas?

That'll be a 'Fatbit', easy mistake

That'll be a 'Fatbit', easy mistake
  • Just ordered one to collect tomorrow, having had a read about it I'll probably end up keeping myself they look like fun. If I do can I join the club?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sure TCE, just follow this link to sign in: https://www.fitbit.com/group/22YQNJ - The more the merrier
  • I'm in...... :)
  • Love my days off, I get chance to walk my dogs. :)
    https://www.fitbit.com/group/22YQNJ
  • How accurate is the HRM on these? I'm a runner and need to get one.
  • tom- k said:

How accurate is the HRM on these? I'm a runner and need to get one.

If it's zero, I say you're dead.
  • Passed 11 million steps today, in 727 days, over 15k per day.
  • I'm creeping up the league. ;)
  • tom- k said:

How accurate is the HRM on these? I'm a runner and need to get one.

It's not. Fine for walking, measuring sleep, resting heart rate etc, but useless for strenuous exercise (running, cycling etc)
  • I want to buy one but not sure which one, what would you experts recommend?
  • edited December 2016

I want to buy one but not sure which one, what would you experts recommend?

I got the Charge 2 on @Curb_It recommendation. Had no problem, does what it says on the tin. Never had one before so couldn't comment on those.
  • Sponsored links:

• I want to buy one but not sure which one, what would you experts recommend?

What do you want it for? Lots of different models serving different purposes
  • edited December 2016
    Stats for 2016: 362/366 days of at least 12000 steps in a day, approximately 2900 miles average 7 1/2 miles a day. (15,000 steps a day).

I'm doing sweet FA for the rest of the year.
  • Doing an average of 9000 steps a day.
  • I crept up to very respectable 4th in the table for December despite starting a little later in the month. I'm quite surprised how far I walk while training our and other people's dogs. Today over 14k steps while in a paddock about 1 acre in size. If only I ate and drank sensibly. ;)
  • T.C.E said:

If only I ate and drank sensibly. ;)

That's it in a nutshell. For all I walk, the only time I lose weight is when I use Myfitnesspal app and scan my food.
  • I had some time off. but fitbit back on now
  • T.C.E said:

I crept up to very respectable 4th in the table for December despite starting a little later in the month. I'm quite surprised how far I walk while training our and other people's dogs. Today over 14k steps while in a paddock about 1 acre in size. If only I ate and drank sensibly. ;)

Where is the table? I have signed up to some challenges at @kimbo's invites ( usually ending in the relegation zone) but this sounds like a separate CL group?

• Well chuffed at managing half a million steps in December. I wouldn't have managed that if I wasn't privately battling against Leroy (I don't know if he even knew it) who put in a tremendous amount of work over Christmas. Thanks Leroy.

January is hotting up already. TCE looks like he'll be a very strong challenger.
  • Stig said:

Well chuffed at managing half a million steps in December. I wouldn't have managed that if I wasn't privately battling against Leroy (I don't know if he even knew it) who put in a tremendous amount of work over Christmas. Thanks Leroy.

January is hotting up already. TCE looks like he'll be a very strong challenger.

Day off today, so I walked the ar5es off my dogs ;)image