Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shares Thread for the next Gordon Gekko's

Anyone into shares trading?
Thought it might be interesting to get a thread together for 2017 and see how our tips end up.
Two choices only and indicate their current price.
I will start with:
Sirius Minerals (SXX) - 19.25
Bellzone Mining (BZM) - 0.32

Really think SXX is a good long term investment which will hopefully see them move out of the AIM and into the less volatile FTSE250. As for BZM, that is a very risky punt, however the upside is massive.

Good luck all.

Comments

• Range Resources RRL - very risky but the only way is up, I hope!
  • Anyone into shares trading?
    Thought it might be interesting to get a thread together for 2017 and see how our tips end up.
    I will start with:

Really think SXX is a good long term investment which will hopefully see them move out of the AIM and into the less volatile FTSE250. As for BZM, that is a very risky punt, however the upside is massive.

Good luck all.

Is that you Tone or has someone hacked your account? Happy New Year mate!

• Anyone into shares trading?
    I will start with:

Good luck all.

Is that you Tone or has someone hacked your account? Happy New Year mate!

All the best mate. It's the new me. No more fixed odds coupons mate, I'm on the next level now and losing fortunes :-)

Current price Lancs?
  • RM2 international.
    Currently trading at 32 pence on AIM.

I purchased some shares at 61 pence about two years ago so they had better recover
  • Was there a Shares for 2016 thread?
  • edited January 2017

Was there a Shares for 2016 thread?

Be interesting to know if people know even less about making money than they do football... be pretty good going for some on here
  • Just hoping the banks Lloyds in particular pick up I need Lloyds to reach £1 to make few bob
  • shine166 said:

Was there a Shares for 2016 thread?

Be interesting to know if people know even less about making money than they do football... be pretty good going for some on here
    If you saw my post then it appears yes: (
  • Bought shares in Laird Plc about a month ago at 1.44 they are now 1.5225, about mid October the price fell from just over £3 to £1.58 overnight, the year high was £3.84.

• Sponsored links:

• Just hoping the banks Lloyds in particular pick up I need Lloyds to reach £1 to make few bob

Me too. I bought at 73 pence ,currently trading at 62.5
  • Sky, new river retail, GSK, associated British foods and gem diamonds are my hopes for 2017.
  • Following on from the KODI thread, do you see SKY as a sound investment?
    As for Lloyds hitting £1 I think that is asking a lot seeing that we haven't got Brexit sorted yet.
  • Lloyds at 62.71p.
    With the bank restored to private ownership, the end of PPI in sight and a balanced mortgage book, this is a cash cow, with high dividend. I would hope for 80p by year end.

Eden Research PLC 11.52p
    A tech company that has a methodology for delivery insecticide an fungicide to crops that is long lasting and safer than current methods. A long time in development an even longer in getting EU licence and approvals. I would hope for 16p by year end.
  • Like your sentiments Ralph re Lloyds and the fact they have started paying dividends again helps
  • Following on from the KODI thread, do you see SKY as a sound investment?
    As for Lloyds hitting £1 I think that is asking a lot seeing that we haven't got Brexit sorted yet.

Got to think Murdoch will drive value back into Sky now he has full control again. I think football rights may have peaked too (for now) so maybe a bigger saving for Sky and BT in the next round of auctions which are due. They need to be making a much better fist of Sky Q though - it's bleeding edge technology.

Current price Lancs?
    0.3575pence
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    AstraZeneca will be one to watch out for I reckon. Lots of advancement in BioTech recently and suspect they'll be looking to make acquisitions as well as release new drugs.

Edit... I should add that with current trading at £44 they're a high risk investment. They could end they year significantly down or up, but will be an interesting company to observe nonetheless.
  • I will give it a day or two and try and capture all suggestions together.
    Then perhaps drag this thread back once a month for an update.
    However, being a lazy sod, I cannot guarantee this.
  • Just had a look down the back of the sofa. Where exactly should I put my £1.69 ?
  • Haven't looked too closely just yet, but will do over the next couple of weeks. Have done very well out of Glencore & Tullow over the last 15 months, but taken a hit on Gulf Keystone.

All in all, well up, but had to hold my nerve and added to my Glencore & Tullow holdings when I was £4.5k down at one stage. I must admit that checking the stockbrokers page has become as addictive as Charlton Life.

Good luck all. Hope you avoid @Clem_Snide's wolves!!!
  • Mining stocks and pharmaceuticals .. thing about online trading is the overhead, the transaction cost .. you need to make a BIG % profit to pay the broker unless you're dealing in large numbers of shares
  • I get shares with WPP on an annual basis with work so keep my eye on them. They have been predicted to rise significantly in the next couple of years - as they have done over the last few.
  • So... what's the most economical way to buy and sell shares?
  • Get Walmart shares each year with the missus saye working for Asda, very volatile but with the dollar against pound, value has significantly risen
  • Interested in this thread, my investments have mainly been in funds but have a bit of spare cash at the moment to do some speculation on shares.
  • edited January 2017
    iaitch said:

Bought shares in Laird Plc about a month ago at 1.44 they are now 1.5225, about mid October the price fell from just over £3 to £1.58 overnight, the year high was £3.84.

sounds like a 2 for 1 rights issue or suchlike.