Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• What will be his excuse this time??? Waste of talent, don't want him back.
  • No one watts him, including us it seems.

Can't see him returning now and putting em away.

Hope I'm wrong.

When he's good, he's the kind of player that can change games.
  • Watt has talent but needs to adjust his attitude. A good sports psychologist would help. Steve Peters 'Chimp Management' would be a good place to start. Steve Peters helped Ronnie O'Sullivan. Optimising performance & making the most of your God given talent is a good thing to do.

Tony Watt needs to do something different as he can't keep changing clubs. At some point in the not too distant future the offers won't be forthcoming. Watt on form is a great player to watch, & should rip up league one. It would be brilliant to see that but it's down to him getting his head right. He has not managed that yet. I really hope he does.
  • edited December 2016
    vff said:

Watt has talent but needs to adjust his attitude. A good sports psychologist would help. Steve Peters 'Chimp Management' would be a good place to start. Steve Peters helped Ronnie O'Sullivan. Optimising performance & making the most of your God given talent is a good thing to do.

Tony Watt needs to do something different as he can't keep changing clubs. At some point in the not too distant future the offers won't be forthcoming. Watt on form is a great player to watch, & should rip up league one. It would be brilliant to see that but it's down to him getting his head right. He has not managed that yet. I really hope he does.

Same age as Ravel Morrison, both very talented players, both terrible attitudes. Morrison obviously more so given he was touted as the best youth player Fergie had ever seen.

Both would be forgiven at 19/20, but at 23 it's time to grow up and sort yourself out. Hopefully Watt can do that with us but i'm not exactly confident. Hearts fans were very disappointed with him and if he can't perform up there where he wanted to be with his close family around him then why will he do it here?
  • I think at the end of his career, which may not be too far away, he will only have 'that' goal against Barcelona as his highlight.

He may look back with regret at what might have been but only himself to blame with his attitude or he may just blame everyone else.

We've had other players with far less ability but they had a good attitude and gave everything for the team, i.e Kish, John Robinson, Kinsella, Stuart and more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ajose is injured and not exactly cutting it here. Without Lookman we lose our top scorer so the goals have to come from somewhere other than the odd Magennis strike. Having said that, Watt is in the Last Chance Saloon and we have to hope he is having soft drinks.

Every club he's been at has been His last chance saloon
  • He's had more comebacks than Frank Sinatra!
  • he'll be gone before the window closes. such a waste of a talent.
  • If he's one of these people who needs to be told he's a good player every five mins then Robinson is surely the man to do it... Still see him heading to pastures new by the end of the Transfer Window although who in Scotland will want him and can afford him... Didnt Hearts struggle to even complete the loan deal?
  • Was just going to say that. We need players like Tony Watt against Millwall. Players who have some bollocks.
  • E-cafc said:

Was just going to say that. We need players like Tony Watt against Millwall. Players who have some bollocks.

They'll just crowd him out and give him zero space
  • I do hope he can make it work because he has a lot of talent. Let's hope he doesn't end his career seeing it unfulfilled.

A flawed character who needs guidance but may not listen.
  • On his day should be unplayable in this tin pot division. Sadly those days are few and far between it seems.

Would love him to prove us all wrong and come back with his head in the right place but history suggests it's another short term situation before having yet another "fresh start" somewhere else.

• Sponsored links:

• He's a crowd pleaser, so maybe he's being brought back on jacko's advice to try and get the crowd back on board??

New steward supervisors being advertised for.
    Maybe, just maybe the club have realised they've lost the fans.
  • I just told my son that tony watt was coming back. He punched the air and said 'yes' .

Which is to say it's a great idea him coming back but I agree with Roo. Pleased to see him back.

Exactly the same reaction from my son too. Let's hope he takes his chance this time.
  • edited December 2016
    Oh goody!
  • DA9DA9
    edited December 2016

Great news. Watt in this league is head and shoulders above 99% of the league.

An uninterested Watt though, is pretty much a waste of time and shirt.

Bags of talent, and the first player in years who excited me, that QPR game at home showed what he can be, but if he returns with the same attitude as reported when he left, then what's the point?
    As some former colleagues have said of him, the player most likely to be driving a bus in 10 years time.
  • Unless Tony Watt does something about his attitude & approach or accepts some help, I am not sure I am expecting a different outcome. Watt is looking like another hopeful Duchatelet punt in lieu of actually having players that will stay on and the club long term. If he does well then Duchatelet will sell him at the first presentable opportunity.