Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TOUGH BUT INTRIGUING START TO THE NEW YEAR .. MILLWALL THEN SCUNTHORPE

edited December 2016 in General Charlton
Given that the Rochdale game is delayed, this means three consecutive league games at home. The first should be a gimme (should ) as we beat the Pirates comfortably a few weeks ago in Nugent's nearly last stand.
Then we have two monsters against Millwall and a week later, against the current leaders Scunthorpe, though Scunny could well not be in that position come 21/1 as the Blades look like finally coming good ((:>)

Potential good news is that after the Bristol Rovers game, there is a two week gap before the Millwall game, a chance for injuries to mend and for any new players to be integrated into the set up, a mid winter break by default.

As for me, hang the expense .. a nice hotel week in the Smoke (or fog), bit of sightseeing, mate and family visiting, AND two terrific games down at the Valley .. A VERY Happy and prosperous New Year to all and .. come on you Addicksaaaaahhhhh in 2017 ((:>)

Comments

• I think you might be trying a little too hard lincs.

?? qué

• Almost half of the transfer window would have passed by the time we have played Millwall. If we haven't improved the squad by then KR will have increased pressure on himself by his own mistakes.

We must have some new midfielders before this match.
  • Pedro45 said:

Nothing intriguing about it. I don't have tickets, and don't plan on buying one for any of the games. I'm done with this mob. I want Charlton to win all three games, but cannot abide what this stupid idiot of an owner is doing to our great and famous club. My knees went a few years ago so I can't dance any more (if I ever could!). Why should I bother giving him any more of my money? All my mates have deserted the club long ago, and my dad has moved away. When I have been going this season, I have been on my own. No longer.

I really hope that when the liar tag is proved right and Lookman is sold next week, that money is re-invested into the team. How much and who we get though is irrelevant if there is no ambition from the owner and he is happy if all we try to do is stay away from relegation battles each year.

If we lose three of the next four games (as we could easily do...) then there is real pressure on Robinson and he may well not see the end of January, let alone February or March!

and a Happy New Year to you too .. cheer up, death is a'coming
  • Pedro45 said:

Nothing intriguing about it. I don't have tickets, and don't plan on buying one for any of the games. I'm done with this mob. I want Charlton to win all three games, but cannot abide what this stupid idiot of an owner is doing to our great and famous club. My knees went a few years ago so I can't dance any more (if I ever could!). Why should I bother giving him any more of my money? All my mates have deserted the club long ago, and my dad has moved away. When I have been going this season, I have been on my own. No longer.

I really hope that when the liar tag is proved right and Lookman is sold next week, that money is re-invested into the team. How much and who we get though is irrelevant if there is no ambition from the owner and he is happy if all we try to do is stay away from relegation battles each year.

If we lose three of the next four games (as we could easily do...) then there is real pressure on Robinson and he may well not see the end of January, let alone February or March!

Good post.

Bits I've highlighted precisely sum up my feelings as well.
  • Pedro45 said:

Good post.

the bit I relate to the most is about the dodgy knees .. my arthritis is a real bastard in this weather .. still as Little Richard sang (or should have) .. I like to Dance when I get the Chance
  • I think Lincs has maybe overdone things this Christmas.

I love the sentiment, but to talk about a "gimme" match, "two monster games" - in the third division, injuries clearing up, new players coming in and not one but TWO terrific games at The Valley, all in the same post ...... well, something is clearly not right.
  • Off_it said:

I think Lincs has maybe overdone things this Christmas.

I love the sentiment, but to talk about a "gimme" match, "two monster games" - in the third division, injuries clearing up, new players coming in and not one but TWO terrific games at The Valley, all in the same post ...... well, something is clearly not right.

blame it on the natty Rose coloured spectacles I habitually wear .. oh .. and the cocaine/champagne cocktails ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Pedro45 said:

and a Happy New Year to you too .. cheer up, death is a'coming
    Oh no, I think Roland's here already, and he's a whole new Horseman of the Apocalypse...
  • YES, HOPEFULLY THE FA CUP BREAK GIVES US TIME TO GET A COUPLE OF PLAYERS BACK FROM INJURY.
  • Lincs I wouldn't say Rovers will be a gimmie. I was at that game and although we played well, a number of things happened in the 90 mins that went in our favour, particularly the timing of the 2nd and 3rd goals. They were playing with 10 men after that
  • Pedro45 said:

Good post.

the bit I relate to the most is about the dodgy knees .. my arthritis is a real bastard in this weather .. still as Little Richard sang (or should have) .. I like to Dance when I get the Chance

Sure that wasn't 'little Roland'?
  • Pedro45 said:

Good post.

Sure that wasn't 'little Roland'?
    Now you mention it .. it coulda been .. Little Roland and the Kitty Kats
  • cabbles said:

Lincs I wouldn't say Rovers will be a gimmie. I was at that game and although we played well, a number of things happened in the 90 mins that went in our favour, particularly the timing of the 2nd and 3rd goals. They were playing with 10 men after that

cliché time (yet again) .. all together now .. 'there's no easy games anywhere anymore .. (other than against CAFC in the FA Cup)' .. but seriously, I agree, wasn't at Bristol but 5 goals for us is a bit unusual .. I blame Nugent, success in this climate, how dare he
  • at last: that's 2016 over .. let's get stuck right into 2017 .. 9 points from the next 3 games ((:>)
  • at last: that's 2016 over .. let's get stuck right into 2017 .. 9 points from the next 3 games ((:>)

Amen to that brother
  • Almost half of the transfer window would have passed by the time we have played Millwall. If we haven't improved the squad by then KR will have increased pressure on himself by his own mistakes.

We must have some new midfielders before this match.

What mistakes? We can't blame KR if the man who holds the purse strings fails to back his manager; if KR want's to sign certain players and is told 'no' how then does it become his fault? Or have I misunderstood your post?

• The squad is improved part 1: Solly back, Dasilva, Watt returning (?) and Aribo making a dramatic entrance into the first team
    The squad is improved part 2: KR has changed the system and style of play within weeks of arriving, playing Aribo and Konsa in midfield as well as dropping Ajose and Ulvestad.

Plus we had Teixeira all the time but Slade wouldn't play him.

It's clear our bench is stronger but not yet strong enough. Another couple of additions will be most handy.

And yes, these are big games because they might play us closer to the top six... or not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Followed by Bolton away
  • Frankly, with the teams around us, not making the top 6 would be a massive failure by Robinson. Even with the RD and KM factor, out budget is much higher than the teams around us in the table