Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JEFF BEZOS .. MAD DREAMER, RETAIL GENIUS .. OR A BIT OF BOTH

edited December 2016 in Not Sports Related
Read this and see how the Amazon (the on-line retailer not the river or a tall and tough lady) founder and innovator sees the near future .. quite remarkable

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38458867

Comments

• And no mention of controlled airspace whatsoever! I can see NATS squashing this little scheme in no time.
  • the article mentions deliveries to targeted areas, e.g. festivals .. I can just imagine someone down in front of the stage ordering a few beers over the phone .. the drone zooms in to deliver and takes out a few dozen fellow festival goers in the process .. VERY messy
  • edited December 2016
    Exactly the same as Elon Musk. Branson provided the blueprint, these bozos are just one more step up the ladder towards full-blown Bond villain
  • You missed the third strand, Lincs... World class tax avoider
  • Exactly the same as Elon Musk. Branson provided the blueprint, these bozos are just one more step up the ladder towards full-blown Bond villain

Bezos the Bozo .. Leroy, you're a poet but don't know it .. airships, drones, parcels in the sky .. I suppose it's all good publicity .. I mean to get a mention on CL MUST mean that you've 'arrived'

You missed the third strand, Lincs... World class tax avoider

His companies make a loss of about a billion every year (I am probably wildly exaggerating here) yet still they trade on and everyone and his pets probably get at least one Amazon delivery a year, whether by drone or via the humble Transit van ..

with 'creative' accountants like these, who needs the banks or indeed governments ?

Last point .. who put up the initial funding for the Musks, the Bezos's, for Twitter, Google and the other exotic contemporary brands ? .. does the interest from these 'loans' provide the cash for pensions, for social development, or (more likely) for the multi million dollar mansions, yachts and lifestyles of the modern day 'robber barons' ?