Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Morgan Fox to Wednesday?

Afternoon Addicks,

Keep fighting the against the buggers!!

Hearing we've agreed a deal for Morgan Fox, source is usually realible but I will admit I know little about him, can anyone shed any light?

Ta

Comments

• Firesale is starting nice and early. I gave up months ago so can only go on what i've heard about Fox on here mate. Lot of detractors and only a few backers by the sounds of it.
  • Not great, surprised you're after him if indeed you actually are.
  • edited December 2016
    He might end up like Simon Francis so you never know.

Personally don't think he'll be able to cope at a higher level, too slow and gets beaten too easily.

Edit: If this is a type of scouting, he's a world-class player that would be able to compete at any level. Will be available for £20m.
  • league one is his level, quite surprised about this tbh if true.
  • He gets a lot of stick from some fans , some warranted and some not. In all honesty I'm surprised you're interested in him as he's hardly a standout at this level and does have some poor games (partly due to awful defensive options in front of him I may add.) Under the right manager and in a solid team he may do well. However , anything over a million and I think you're overpaying personally
  • I think you'd find many offers to drive him up there
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2016
    In most cases when a young player leaves people will suddenly decide he isn't that good and we can use the money to replace him in denial.

In this case it would actually be warranted and not really sure why you'd want him, hasn't at any point been as good as Wiggins was for us.

Although we'd probably get some 34 year old on a free to replace him so lose-lose.
  • Merry Christmas everyone.
  • wouldn't really miss him in usual circumstances but we don't have a lot of cover. he's pretty slow but if your coaches can get him to stay in his position then he can do a job.
  • I think you'd find many offers to drive him up there

Doubt it, even for Fox - you ever been to Sheffield?!
  • Used to rate him though everyone else seemed to hate him but this season bar 1 good game he's been constantly atrocious. If we seriously get £2m out of you for him I'll be shocked. Can get much, much better players for that much. Don't think we'll find replacing him too hard.
  • Would take 100k. Absolute shite

Take away the zeros more like.
  • £2m is daylight robbery. He does give his all though can't fault him for that just he makes too many errors.
  • what everybody else says ..if you actually buy him for real money then our owner will be very happy ...it wont get re invested in the squad so what the hell !
  • Sponsored links:

• He's get excessive criticism from many people here, but surely isn't the level of defender a promotion chasing Championship team would/should be chasing?
  • If this is true then KR will within one month realise that it was all lies. Not that I particularly rate Fox, but we'd have lost our first choice left hand side. That doesn't really yell team pushing for promotion at the first available opportunity does it KM
  • Seen both sides of Fox. The one where he looks a decent left-back who could hold his own in the Championship with potential to improve and also the Fox that would look out of his depth in the National League.
  • Oh god. First Lookman and now Fox. The finest and best. You'll love his unorthodox approach to defending.
  • Please be true.
  • Will never happen. When was the last time we had good fortune
  • Afternoon Addicks,

Keep fighting the against the buggers!!

Hearing we've agreed a deal for Morgan Fox, source is usually realible but I will admit I know little about him, can anyone shed any light?

Ta

In answer to your original question - not good enough for the championship imo
  • You'd have thought Wednesday would be a bit wary of signing left backs from us, the last one Wiggins was not much of a success.