Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bob Bradley.

That didn't last long, did it? Next ....

Comments

• I know it's nothing new but It's ridiculous the time managers get these days. One bad run and you're gone.
  • Hmm, a small and popular club after a few years in the PL, makes a strange appointment in the autumn then sacks him around Christmas...

They should give Pardew a call.
  • Should never have been appointed in the first place.

Easy to say with hindsight. People were questioning the appointment of Ranieri last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• it's about time they started sacking the chairmen who appoint these dross managers in the first place. If Bob asks the taxi driver nicely they might wait for Zola to join them.
  • Best thing about his entire time here was the Swansea fan who called into 606 ranting about "Brad Bobley"

Back in the day, my mate could never get 'Bob Willis' right. We had pretty much every permutation:

Bob Willis
    Will Bobbis
    Bill Wobbis
    Wob Billis
    Bib Wollis
    Wib Bollis
    Wol Bibbis
    Bol Wibbis

Poor bugger used to get in a right tizz.

• Owners weren't happy about the amount of touchdowns being conceded and the lack of yardage being gained on offense by their main running back.
  • Macronate said:

Owners weren't happy about the amount of touchdowns being conceded and the lack of yardage being gained on offense by their main running back.

Not enough home runs from Gylfi Sigurdsson either.
  • Talal said:

Should never have been appointed in the first place.

Easy to say with hindsight. People were questioning the appointment of Ranieri last season.
    Maybe, but at least Ranieri's CV was up to snuff. Brad Bobley was clearly out of his depth, Les Reed-style. The players knew it.
  • Should have sacked him 2 weeks ago when it was clear he was out of his depth and Allarduce was still on the market. No one is turning them or Hull around.
  • Knew they'd regret sacking monk, very good British manager
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

Talal said:

Should never have been appointed in the first place.

Maybe, but at least Ranieri's CV was up to snuff. Brad Bobley was clearly out of his depth, Les Reed-style. The players knew it.
    True.
  • Knew they'd regret sacking monk, very good British manager

His nationality has nothing to do with it! Currently doing well and he shouldn't have been sacked so quickly but this kind of rhetoric is needless. For all you know they'll appoint Gary Rowett next!
  • They spoke to Allardyce weeks ago, that prompted Palace to sack Pardew.
  • Is Pardew takes over at Swansea, it could be Pardew vs Palace for one of the relegation places...
  • Is Pardew takes over at Swansea, it could be Pardew vs Palace for one of the relegation places...

Pros: Pardew is an impact manager and he does showbiz, which will impress the American owners.
    Cons: He's Alan Pardew.

How did Swansea go from being the equivalent of the Charlton of the early 2000s to being the Charlton of 2006?
  • If I were them I'd give Rowett the gig.
  • Leuth said:

Knew they'd regret sacking monk, very good British manager

His nationality has nothing to do with it! Currently doing well and he shouldn't have been sacked so quickly but this kind of rhetoric is needless. For all you know they'll appoint Gary Rowett next!
    Agreed, I can't stand the whole "English managers don't get enough/the big jobs" movement. Lovely to see Allardyce, Bruce, et al have passed the torch to a younger generation (Dyche) though.

I was very impressed with Monk and his methods when he took over. He has a bright future. That said, because there is so much money on the line in staying in the Prem, I get why clubs feel the need to do anything they can to stay there.

In general, I don't have much sympathy for managers being given a short amount of time. I hate the notion that "they need to get their own team in." In the modern game, their job is to coach the players. If they can't do that with the players they're given, then they're most likely 1) a bad appointment by those above them (who are never punished) or 2) not good enough.

I said at the time Bradley is not that great of a manager, and his style in no way matched Swansea's. Swansea have been so good at continuity, despite constantly losing managers and players over the last few years. Bradley was a real break from that. He's a very smart man (Princeton educated), and speak about the game well. But his track record isn't great, and he's been far more successful (at least in the US) at having teams well drilled defensively and then looking to hit teams on the counter. That is not the ethos that has been built at Swansea. Not surprised this has ended quickly.

Rowett to Norwich would be my bet.

Rowett to Norwich would be my bet.
    Has their manager been sacked then?