Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MK DONS vs CHARLTON - POST MATCH VIEWS

Right merry xmas all. To help AFKA and to make sure this doesn't descend into a continuation of the match thread, post match views on here please. Us traditionalists can't bear another week of amalgamation

PS - @i_b_b_o_r_g do that thing only admin can do when you make it an announcement

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Two absolutely woeful teams. Absolute bilge from both sides.

The only half decent player on the pitch was Reeves.

Been a while since I've seen such a poor game.
  • Two absolutely woeful teams. Absolute bilge from both sides.

Surely all of KR games have been poor, except this time we win, and that is what counts
  • cabbles said:

Right merry xmas all. To help AFKA and to make sure this doesn't descend into a continuation of the match thread, post match views on here please. Us traditionalists can't bear another week of amalgamation

PS - @i_b_b_o_r_g do that thing only admin can do when you make it an announcement

Nice on ibs - cheers mate
  • Many thanks alwaysneil, been round my mother in law's all afternoon (no sky)
    So much appreciated
  • Sounds far from a classic but thankfully the slide has abated even if only for a game.
  • Good result and that's the most important thing after wednesdays result .
    Well done to those who could be bothered to go and watch , KM and vol au vent excluded .

0% Top two ......... 20% 3rd-6th ......... 40% 7th-12th ......... 40%. 13th-20th ......0% relegation
  • Good to see a proper post match thread again. Didn't see that coming. Was going to go but couldn't be arsed so I'm claiming a teensy bit of the credit cos if I'd gone we'd have been stuffed. Can't get very excited Im afraid as per usual at the moment but hopefully gives our new manager a bit of a lift and lessens the threat of relegation.
  • It didn't sound a great game, and I thought fox passed to lookman for the goal but seems it was fox to crofts who put in the defence splitting ball for lookman.

Still, nice to score and to win away.

Reeves sounded very good down the right and troubled Konsa a lot who did good work.

Aribo sounded like he made a really good impact sub.

• Sponsored links:

I'll happily take a poor performance and 3 points all day long. The way things are at the moment we just need to grind out some results until we can strengthen the midfield with a couple of signings and get Holmes back.

Good 3 points and well done to the 900+ who made the trip to that soulless bowl.

You love it clem
  • We were absolutely awful they were just even worse!

Great finish by Lookman!
  • hope this breaks the logjam .. sounds like a rubbish game but a win is a win .. let's hope we can keep it up over the next few difficult weeks .. REALLY looking forward to the Southend game ... COME ON YOU ADDICKSAAAAAAAHHH ((:>)
  • Lookman's goal, the sole bright spot in a sea of dreck. Only one more game now.

I hope Scrooge McDuck Duchatelet chokes on the cash as he wallows in a sea of Everton's used tenners.
  • Thought they were the better side on the ball but we were clinical with one of our two chances created (brilliant ball from Crofts and calm finish).

KR insists on playing 4-2-3-1 which renders Ajose redundant - surely 3-5-2 better until Holmes returns?

Impressed with the two centre backs and Magennis who battled for every ball - Crofts and Ulvestad did ok too. Konsa and Aribo look too green to be playing week-in week-out.

Great stadium but not much atmosphere half-full - doesn't help that away fans are so far from the atmosphere.
  • Sounded like fox had a good game :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Glad KR got his first win, a tough trip to Southend next
  • On the way back home.what an awful game with 2 awful teams.should of been 3 or 4 down but sometimes you have to ride your luck and we rode it today.great finish from Ade.lovely stadium but atmosphere was shit.was it Nugent or Barker wearing shorts standing in technical area most of the game?
  • On the way back home.what an awful game with 2 awful teams.should of been 3 or 4 down but sometimes you have to ride your luck and we rode it today.great finish from Ade.lovely stadium but atmosphere was shit.was it Nugent or Barker wearing shorts standing in technical area most of the game?

Barker.

Barker.
    Will be clb74 wearing shorts in the stands at Southend
  • Dire game . MK Dons should have been two or three up by half time but for some awful finishing.
    Second half we were the better side . We passed the ball well and kept posession without actually creating many chances .
    Yes it was a poor game but three points is three points.
    Can't believe how bad the atmosphere was . If you think The Valley is flat you should have witnessed today.
  • clb74 said:

On the way back home.what an awful game with 2 awful teams.should of been 3 or 4 down but sometimes you have to ride your luck and we rode it today.great finish from Ade.lovely stadium but atmosphere was shit.was it Nugent or Barker wearing shorts standing in technical area most of the game?

Barker.
    Will be clb74 wearing shorts in the stands at Southend
    Full kit wanka.
  • Metal studs for a wet fixture and blades of the ground is reasonably hard?
  • Has KR's 1:1 talk with all the players worked or do we continue to witness dross?
  • Great to learn we'd won as I drove home from a family get together.

Sounds like all the meaningless stats about possession etc were against but the one stat that does matter, goals, wasn't so we won.

Hope it is the first of many.
  • I don't think you can judge KR as a manager until he has at least had a transfer window to recruit players to fit the system he wants to play. Whether RD will give him any leeway to do so is a completely different matter.