Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which band or solo artist have you seen most often?

124»

Comments

• Carter USM 30 times, with The Cure, Saw Doctors, Simple Minds, BNLs and The Beautiful South all in the
  • Yes............6/7 times but I wouldn't again.
    Humble Pie, again probably 6/7 times and i'd love to be able to see them again.

Saw Steve Marriott and Humble Pie at East Ham. I was third row back. Brilliant voice and brilliant gig. Another sad loss.
  • Budgie.
  • Probably Bloc Party, not sure how many, possibly 8 times.
  • Dead Confederate
    Silversun Pickups
    Grimes
  • Can't say of the below bands who I have seen the most often but they are all in double figures.

Siouxsie and the Banshees
    UK Decay
    Bauhaus
    Play Dead
    The Stranglers
    Stiff Little Fingers
    Manic Street Preachers

But the solo artist is by far the most gigs I have been to and that is Ian Hunter who I must have seen at least 25 times.
  • Siouxie and the Banshees.

My second most seen band. Never failed to give a great performance, even when they had to rope in Robert Smith and Budgie at a moment's notice because the guitarist and drummer had walked out.

Would love to have seen Pie with Marriott.

Saw Greg Ridley, Frampton, Clem Clemson & Jerry Shirley play together as HP at the Steve Marriott tribute show about 15 years ago, they were fantastic.

Greg Ridley died a few years ago so no chance of seeing it again.
    My very first gig was Humble Pie supporting McGuinness Flint at Fairfield Halls, 10th November, '74, so i guess Marriott would have been playing with them.
  • Squeeze about 40 Elvis Costello about 25

Saw Greg Ridley, Frampton, Clem Clemson & Jerry Shirley play together as HP at the Steve Marriott tribute show about 15 years ago, they were fantastic.

My very first gig was Humble Pie supporting McGuinness Flint at Fairfield Halls, 10th November, '74, so i guess Marriott would have been playing with them.
    yes he was.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2016
    Depeche Mode= 5 use to watch them at the old bridge House before they hit the big time
    Orchestral Manoeuvres in The Dark=6
    Gary Numan=7
    Blancmange=6
    (There is a bit of a trend with the Music I like)
  • Seen John Mayer 5 times and he's got better every time
  • Without a Doubt
    Stiff little fingers must be the most I would guess at least 50 times and more to come in 2017.
    The following are all in double figures
    The Exploited
    The Damned
    Uk Subs
    Vice Squad
    Bad Manners

• Jon2461 said:

Uk Subs

Also one I've seen many times, although not for a long time.
  • Genesis, many times, mainly with Gabriel, the last time being the Gabriel reunion at Milton Keynes.

Sad that I'm missing the Steve Hackett show by a few days on my next UK trip.

• Shed Seven, must have seen them at least 20 times. Watching Rick Witter and Paul Banks do an acoustic set on New Years Eve.

Oasis/Noel Gallagher would be second
  • Quo, which is why I am absolutely gutted RP has gone.
  • Porcupine Tree/ Steven Wilson. Closely followed by the Manics then Weller, though rarely go and see him nowadays as his band and songs aren't a patch on what he was up to in the nineties.

How can anyone other than Steve White (proper Charlton) play the likes of Peacock Suit, Sunflower, Whirlpools' End is.... well they can't, basically!
  • Blondie and The Human League.

I love Susan Anne Sulley. A quality bit of crumpet although a shame about the accent!
  • John martyn about 15 times between 1981 and 2005.

Bob Dylan 4 times (81, 93, 95 and 02).

Miles Davis about 8 times between 1982 and 1990.

Pixies 4 times 1989- 1991.

Sugar 3 or 4 times early 90s.

Ian dury and the blockheads and The Pogues, twice each.
  • Sponsored links:

• The ooo 5 times.
    Thunder / Terraplane / Nuthin Fancy 100s of times
  • stonemuse said:

Hawkwind, 5 or 6 times but not for many years.

Saw them a lot in the 70s & 80s.
    Hadn't seen them for over 20 years until I saw them this summer and really enjoyed them, would go again.

In terms of band seen most would have to be The Wildhearts plus a number of Ginger & CJ solo gigs. Will go again next tour.

yes he was.
    Remember that gig,
    Saw him turn up late afternoon,
    My desk at the art college looked directly out onto the car park, unloading bay, looked up and this small guy got out with a blonde, he went to the boot and took out a guitar case. Just seen this ticket of the gig on a website, about 4 times the price of the event!
  • The Popguns - 35 ish times now
  • The Popguns - 35 ish times now

A combination of age and living overseas but rather a lot of bands on this thread I've never heard of!