Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

christmas drinks

Which drinks do you have at Christmas that you wouldn't normally quaff?
I do like a snowball this time of year and a baileys or two but a new one to me, recommended by a colleague, called Tequila Rose, a strawberry flavoured cream that I intend to demolish!

Happy Christmas all!

Comments

• Options
    Wife makes her own Baileys, lovely
  • Options
    Baileys on Christmas Day morning
  • Options
    Don't usually drink kir royales but always have a few after Christmas dinner
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    What the fuck is a Kir Royale?
  • Options

Don't usually drink kir royales but always have a few after Christmas dinner

Not had that for years, nice drink.
  • Options

Cassis and champagne
  • Options
    I go for whisky mac after the beers and red wine
  • Options
    Hendricks and tonic with ice and a slice of cucumber.
  • Options
    Sherry & Port. Love me a bit of Harvey's Cream at this time of year, fills me with that Christmas feeling
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Buck's Fizz on Christmas morning. We seem to have amassed seven or eight bottles of prosecco and need to find a way of using it up...
  • Options
    Bucks fizz in the morning, Bailey's in the evening.

Never drink either at any other time of year.
  • Options
    Big girls bucks fizz ...love it, shouldn't be just for Christmas but all year round. dare someone to ask for it in the oak
  • Options

Cassis and champagne
    What the fuck is Cassis ?
  • Options

Cassis and champagne
    What's with all the fucks
  • Options
    Baileys
  • Options
    Always a little Harvey's Bristol Cream left after making the trifle, can't let it go to waste.
  • Options
    Xmas Eve is a difficult one on the drink front. I'm itching to get started but I got 3hrs kip last night and suspect It won't be much more tonight, so really don't want to spend the big day tomorrow feeling dog rough.

Sod it, crack on :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:

I can't understand the baileys thing at all, utter filth!

And a Happy f'ing Christmas to you too!!!
  • Options
    I've got some port lined up for later this evening. For tomorrow, I've got four bottles of my 8% Belgian style home-brew and a bottle of Adnams Tripel Knot- Mrs Stig bought this for me in November and it's set a record (six weeks) for the longest a beer has survived in my house. Quite happy to have a snowball, a g&t or anything else that's going to be honest. Will probably get roped into drinking mulled wine at some stage.
  • Options
    Gluevine or whatever it's called at the Christmas markets.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Always a little Harvey's Bristol Cream left after making the trifle, can't let it go to waste.

Nice. No one in my family like trifle so I very rarely have it, which is a shame because I love it.
  • Options
    Re kir royale, sloe gin instead of cassis is a nice but potentially messy variation (what the fuck is sloe gin?)

• Options
    edited December 2016
    White wine and prosecco for lunch. Like a fool I then came off it, so I've already had a 10 minute nap and a visit from the beer goblin (the wee fella that messes up your hair and then shits in your mouth)
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

Re kir royale, sloe gin instead of cassis is a nice but potentially messy variation (what the fuck is sloe gin?)

Gin made with sloes (berries from a blackthorn bush)
  • Options
    Has to be a snowball at Christmas- used to be a 1960s tv advert with a jingle that went something like......'whole egg yolks, good for folks, Warninks advocaat' sung along to a traditional Dutch tune.

My Mum also liked a Dubonnet at Christmas:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF2miCuhRTs
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Cassis and champagne
    What's with all the fucks
    Put some trousers on and don't fucking start with me.