Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which band or solo artist have you seen most often?

Comments

• Morrissey about 40/50 times I reckon
  • Splodgenessabounds
  • Teenage Fanclub from 1989 onwards & Spiritualized from one of their first shows supporting The Verve 1990ish.
  • edited December 2016
    Solo artist is easily the late Jackie Leven. Saw him about 20-25 times. Sadly can't see him again.

Bands - more of a push, probably the June Brides or the Wolfhounds, as saw them both a lot back in the day and 3-4 times since they started gigging again. Would go again.

There were several local bands who used to be on at Thames Poly Cellar Bar in the early 80s who I've probably seen over 15 times, Vex (bit punky), Praxis (bit early goth) and Sexagisma (glam rock). Apart from the bassist from Praxis, who joined the Bolshoi, no idea what happened to any of them.

Honourable mentions for the Wedding Present, 1000 Violins, TV Personalities who must be in the early teens just from gigs in the 80s.
  • The Levellers, and also Scottish folk rock band Wolfstone
  • Oasis around 50 times or so.
  • Mott / Ian Hunter. Too many times to count. If only Roland was as cool in his 70's. .
  • Depeche Mode.

At least once (home and abroad) on every tour since 1987 (Music for the Masses tour).

Looking forward to next year's new album and tour. Currently booked for Prague and London Stadium.
  • Must have seen Elvis Costello & co about 20 times. More recently, I've been to many Richmond Fontaine and Peter Bruntnell gigs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Depeche Mode.

At least once (home and abroad) on every tour since 1987 (Music for the Masses tour).

Looking forward to next year's new album and tour. Currently booked for Prague and London Stadium.

I'm always amazed at how popular DM are across the globe. I went to a Depeche Mode dedicated bar in Tallinn, Estonia. Unique/weird.
  • Simple Minds , Squeeze and Elvis Costello . Saw the Waterboys 4 times in 12 months once 1985/ 1986 probably . Whatever happened to them ?
  • Splodgenessabounds

Did they do Goodbye Horse?
  • uie2 said:

The Levellers, and also Scottish folk rock band Wolfstone

Same with Levellers, seen them many times.
  • rananegra said:

Solo artist is easily the late Jackie Leven. Saw him about 20-25 times. Sadly can't see him again.

Never saw him unfortunately but loved his music.
  • Hawkwind, 5 or 6 times but not for many years.
  • The Dark, saw almost every London gig they did in the 70's / 80's ...never made it but terrific to watch.

deathrock.com/dark/
  • Rolling Stones maybe 15. Fairport Convention probably 40 times.
  • Splodgenessabounds

Did they do Goodbye Horse?
    Yes, but not often.
  • John Mayall.
  • Sponsored links:

• U2 probably about 10 times.....and my wife drags me to Dave Matthews every year so about 10 times as well
  • Seen Gary Numan a little over 70 times since 1983 up to 2016, mostly in London but a few scattered around the country, the band seen the most is Depeche Mode, I've seen them about 15 times also since 83 and seeing them at London stadium next June.
  • kafka said:

Depeche Mode.

I'm always amazed at how popular DM are across the globe. I went to a Depeche Mode dedicated bar in Tallinn, Estonia. Unique/weird.
    Massive, everywhere, except UK ironically. Still churning out a studio album every 3-4 years with a world tour that always pretty much sells out. Playing a stadium in UK next summer for the first time since the mid-80s when they played Crystal Palace Athletics stadium. Was due to go to that bar in Tallin 4 years back just before Xmas with mates but got sent to the Falklands instead!!

If you've never seen them live don't let the very early 80s image (Just Can't Get Enough etc) of them put you off. Once they moved on from that in the mid-80s they produced some great work and still do. Great band live. Dave Gahan's solo work with Soul Savers is also worth a listen.

London June 3rd - Treat yourself, trust me! I'm a Depeche Mode fan!!!
  • The Cramps - can't remember how many overall - saw them 5 nights running at Hammersmith Palais in about 1983 !
  • The Fall.

First saw them in 1980, then around 10 or 12 times since until around 1995 when I got bored and wanted to listen to something that sounded nice instead.
  • edited December 2016
    Driving Sideways.....with the legendary David Bunce on lead......(stage name Zak Starstosky of course)....or two_sheds for those more in the know, the man who actually taught Jimi Hendrix how to play guitar!
  • Seen the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra play eight times.

Other than that, The Stranglers and Rush six or seven times
  • Arctic Monkeys almost 20 times, although I'm less keen on them lately. I know some fella who's been to 100 or more.
  • Status Quo ----- nearly every year since 1976! I love a head bang :)

Rick Parfitt, RIP :-(