Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which band or solo artist have you seen most often?

There's this on the "Springsteen on Desert Island Discs" thread:
Davo55 said:

.... I've seen him live loads of times over the past 35 years.

which got me wondering, who have Lifers seen most often, and would you go to see them again?

For me, it's Stiff Little Fingers, having been to about eight of their gigs in the '70s and '80s and one at Brockwell Park around the turn of century, and based on that performance I'd never go again.

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits, Clapton, Runrig. The first two about ten to 15 times each, the third I cannot be sure but at least 30! They've been around over 40 years and I started watching them when I was a student. Soundtrack to my life.
  • Seen The Barenaked Ladies live five or six times. Brilliant live band
  • The Jam/Paul Weller. Must be over 50 gigs now.
  • John Mayall back in the 60s and 70s .. he was on everywhere all the time so it seemed .. and his various sidemen constitute the 'royalty' of break out rockers in that era ... Yardbirds, Cream, Led Zeppelin, Jeff Beck, Fleetwood Mac etc. etc. .. seen all the above more than once down the years
  • Yes............6/7 times but I wouldn't again.
    Humble Pie, again probably 6/7 times and i'd love to be able to see them again.
  • Muse about 9-10 times.
  • Weller - seen about 15 times

OCS - seen around 6 or 7 times, a couple of those supporting Weller
  • RHCP - although based on the last time I don't think I will again.
  • I think it might be The Bluetones! Far from my favourite band, bit good live. Just the way it worked out.thats if we include bands seen at festivals
  • Sponsored links:

• The Wedding Present about 15/20 (by default as they play at the Tunbridge Wells Forum most years and I can walk to it).
    PIL about 10 times mainly London also Brighton, Reading & Alton Towers
  • Including festivals would probably be Weller or supergrass
  • Siouxie and the Banshees.
  • edited December 2016
    Squeeze.

I can think of 6 different venues
  • REM four times
  • Meatraffle, too many to count
  • The Stranglers - only missed a couple of London gigs in the period 1979 to 1990.
  • edited December 2016
    The Mighty Quo - well over 25 times, possibly 30 times, it's all a bit of a blur to be honest.
    Clapton - about 12 times.
  • Sham 69, virtually every London gig late 70's / early 80's. The Clash at least a dozen times.

The Pogues 9 or 10 times.

Ian Brown, half a dozen times.

Many others on numerous occasions but the above are the first that come to mind.
  • Skepta once at the Ally Pally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably The Jets.
  • Oh and I forgot the late great John Martyn. Won't be doing it again for obvious reasons. RIP big man.
  • The Pink Fairies played all over and around London back in my student days, used to see them nearly every week. Saw Zeppelin 9 times, five times at Earl's Court over two weekends, both Knebworths, the Ally Pally, and the last one at the O2.
  • edited December 2016
    Metallica about 5 times. Last time was 2008/9 I think.
    Don't seem to go to gigs anymore.
  • Seen The Who 14 times but have been to countless Roy Ayers gigs, can't work out how many exactly.
  • Yes............6/7 times but I wouldn't again.
    Humble Pie, again probably 6/7 times and i'd love to be able to see them again.

Would love to have seen Pie with Marriott.

Saw Greg Ridley, Frampton, Clem Clemson & Jerry Shirley play together as HP at the Steve Marriott tribute show about 15 years ago, they were fantastic.

Greg Ridley died a few years ago so no chance of seeing it again.
  • Probably listened to John, more than any other artist this year.Those concerts with Danny really were special. John had his demons, and could be one hell of a 'mother', but those songs are wonderful. Sadly I never saw him live.
  • Bruce Springsteen for me also. though only 4 times. then there's quite a few bands/artists that I've seen twice.
  • Foals, Maccabees and the Arctic Monkeys.

Must be at least 30 times each in numerous towns, cities and countries.
  • Slayer 6 times.