Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Springsteen on Desert Island Discs

Being repeated now on radio 4.

Great radio

Comments

• It's so last week ;0)
  • Solidgone said:

It's so last week ;0)

Obviously, cool cats like us listened last Sunday but there some people on here who live outside London and some not even in the southeast. It takes time to reach the provinces.
  • Solidgone said:

It's so last week ;0)

Obviously, cool cats like us listened last Sunday but there some people on here who live outside London and some not even in the southeast. It takes time to reach the provinces.
    I believe it's scheduled for the 17 June 2017 in Cheshire - I've made a diary entry.
  • Listened in on Sunday. Am not a Springsteen fan so knew nothing about him really. He came across as a really nice man. Found his account of his relationship with his father quite moving. Will get a copy of his autobiography.
  • Listened to the podcast earlier this week. Every word he spoke sounded like it could have been a lyric to a song. Really insightful guy and will be picking up a copy of his book for sure.
  • I'm a great fan of Springsteen and really enjoyed listening to this programme. Mrs Davo has bought me his "Born to Run" autobiography and Santa will be bringing that to me in about 32 hours time.
  • The best gig I ever saw at Wembley would have been circa 86? Bruce was incredible.
  • Saw The Boss twice at Wembley Stadium in the 80s (including 'Born in the USA' era) and once about 4 years ago. Amazingly the recent show was the best! Played the whole of my fave Bruce album 'Darkness on the edge of town'.
  • Mrkinski said:

Saw The Boss twice at Wembley Stadium in the 80s (including 'Born in the USA' era) and once about 4 years ago. Amazingly the recent show was the best! Played the whole of my fave Bruce album 'Darkness on the edge of town'.

Actually, his latest tour was called "The River" and it was mainly a reprise of the album of that name from 1980. Saw the original tour at Wembley Arena in 1981 and then again at Wembley stadium last summer. He is just fantastic in concert.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was at the concert at Wembley in the 80s. I am not a huge
    Springsteen fan but it was a great show. He puts everything into it.
  • Davo55 said:

Mrkinski said:

Saw The Boss twice at Wembley Stadium in the 80s (including 'Born in the USA' era) and once about 4 years ago. Amazingly the recent show was the best! Played the whole of my fave Bruce album 'Darkness on the edge of town'.

Actually, his latest tour was called "The River" and it was mainly a reprise of the album of that name from 1980. Saw the original tour at Wembley Arena in 1981 and then again at Wembley stadium last summer. He is just fantastic in concert.
    It was the tour before the recent 'The river' reprise tour that I saw. Would have loved to have seen that show - but yes, he is so amazing live.

• I thought it was meh.
  • Mrkinski said:

Davo55 said:

Mrkinski said:

It was the tour before the recent 'The river' reprise tour that I saw. Would have loved to have seen that show - but yes, he is so amazing live.

Sorry mate, I misunderstood. We were quite possibly in the same crowd at the gig you're referring to. I've seen him live loads of times over the past 35 years.
  • Big Springsteen fan (seen him 40 times).

His music has been and is a massive support for me through the years (including recently as an antidote to the Belgian virus!).

Good to hear now that it, along with his mammoth live shows with his fans, was therapy for him too.
  • Mrs SB is a massive Springsteen fan. Only saw him live once (tunnel love tour in 87 at Wemberleee). Was excellent. We have most of his albums. Some exceptionally good (my favs are the river, Magic, The Rising and the stuff he did with his hillbilly sessions band about a decade ago). Some less so but you've got to hand it to the guy for stamina and value for money. Quite a body of work. I'm wondering when he will pass over from legend in action to "time he packed it in the silly old duffer" status? A few of my absolute favourites are just reaching/have already passed that point. It's a gift knowing when to back off gracefully. Phil Collins take note.
  • Couldn't claim to be a fan, but thought he came across as a thoroughly decent bloke.
  • Just listened to this on 'replay' .. interesting how his very early influences (as well as Elvis) were the popular 'new' Brit bands, Stones, Beatles .. good to hear a modern icon confess to his demons and fears .. Young is a VERY good interviewer and can draw people out with that soft scots voice
  • Just listened to this on 'replay' .. interesting how his very early influences (as well as Elvis) were the popular 'new' Brit bands, Stones, Beatles .. good to hear a modern icon confess to his demons and fears .. Young is a VERY good interviewer and can draw people out with that soft scots voice

she is good but she did make a mistake during the interview with the song "like a rolling stone" she called it "how does it feel?" amateur and to any Dylan fan sacrilege mistake. *shakes head and tuts*

she is good but she did make a mistake during the interview with the song "like a rolling stone" she called it "how does it feel?" amateur and to any Dylan fan sacrilege mistake. *shakes head and tuts*
    I noticed that and put it down to her tender years and sheltered upbringing .. as Springsteen said, one of THE songs that shaped popular music in the middle of the twentieth century