Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time for the Back to The Valley Spirit

I know fans are upset or angry or disappointed at what happened last night. Yes it was bad but it's time to calm down and move on now. Because no amount of anger or upset or disappointment will change what happend last night. We need to remember the spirit to get this club back to The Valley. We didn't do it by losing our tempers all the time. Nor this country win wars by losing its temper all the time. We need to in the short term bounce back from last night by getting back what had been gradually improving performances (apart from Swindon) starting with MK away on Boxing Day. And in medium and hopefully not too long term getting the owner to sell up once and for all to get us back to what we used to be as well as removing the CEO from her position. One thing is for sure we are not the first club to have around the world to have a bad defeat and perforamnce in a local derby and we certainly won't be the last either. So we need a Back to The Valley Spirit.

Comments

• I know fans are upset or angry or disappointed at what happened last night. Yes it was bad but it's time to calm down and move on now. Because no amount of anger or upset or disappointment will change what happend last night. We need to remember the spirit to get this club back to The Valley. We didn't do it by losing our tempers all the time. Nor this country win wars by losing its temper all the time. We need to in the short term bounce back from last night by getting back what had been gradually improving performances (apart from Swindon) starting with MK away on Boxing Day. And in medium and hopefully not too long term getting the owner to sell up once and for all to get us back to what we used to be as well as removing the CEO from her position. One thing is for sure we are not the first club to have around the world to have a bad defeat and perforamnce in a local derby and we certainly won't be the last either. So we need a Back to The Valley Spirit.

So as we, the fans, are obviously doing it wrong so far, what is your idea to get the owner to sell up?

Genuine question.

And how do we, the fans, get the team to bounce back?
  • stonemuse said:

I know fans are upset or angry or disappointed at what happened last night. Yes it was bad but it's time to calm down and move on now. Because no amount of anger or upset or disappointment will change what happend last night. We need to remember the spirit to get this club back to The Valley. We didn't do it by losing our tempers all the time. Nor this country win wars by losing its temper all the time. We need to in the short term bounce back from last night by getting back what had been gradually improving performances (apart from Swindon) starting with MK away on Boxing Day. And in medium and hopefully not too long term getting the owner to sell up once and for all to get us back to what we used to be as well as removing the CEO from her position. One thing is for sure we are not the first club to have around the world to have a bad defeat and perforamnce in a local derby and we certainly won't be the last either. So we need a Back to The Valley Spirit.

So as we, the fans, are obviously doing it wrong so far, what is your idea to get the owner to sell up?

Genuine question.

By getting behind them.
  • How many chances do you give these people?
    There have been so many abject performances, i go to Charlton games now expecting us to 1) play shit and 2) lose - and i'm normally not disappointed.
    The club has a terminal disease, which will result in there no longer being a CAFC in no time at all.

Just wait til the latest financial numbers are released in March and see how much more 'we' owe Duchatelet.

Most people have had enough, walked away from the club, found other things to spend their money on - likely never to be seen again at The Valley.

I hate the stupid idiots who are doing this to OUR club - who do they think they are ?

Which is why we need to use the Back to The Valley to get him out.
  • stonemuse said:

Genuine question.

By getting behind them.
    But that's what we have been doing. What is your new plan that has not been tried before? This is not the fault of the fans.
  • Frankly we needed a win last night to lift the spirits and to provide some respite from worrying about all the continuous calamities that come out of our club...

It didn't happen so there is double disappointmentI.
  • edited December 2016
    I'm a bit confused here, just exactly how will a 'back to the Valley spirit' turn that shower of sh*t last night into a top six outfit? It's a bit too soon to forgive and forget and remember it's a two way stretch. Provided the team and formation KR puts out on Boxing Day reacts in the right way the fans will get behind them as they always will.

Serve up more dross and the natives will remain restless not just with the regime and all the pleading 'to get behind the team' is only going to fall on deaf ears I'm afraid.
  • Few are angry about last night. Most of us expected it. The anger is reserved for the much bigger problem which just won't go away.
  • Sponsored links:

• We all need to realise that what happens off the pitch is more important than what happens on the pitch.
    As much as a win, any win, over Millwall would be gratefully received, we can never truly move forward until Duchatelet has gone.
    I worry that a win last night would have meant to many that all is rosy in the garden. It isn't and a win against the scum in 3 weeks still won't make it so.
  • Difference is, back then we were ALL behind the movement to get us back home; not only the fans but the great people who made up the board. Today we are in the midst of a three-way civil war. By that I mean us, Douchebag and the seemingly blind idiots who slag off CARD and all the fantastic fans - not bloody 'customers' - who are trying to get rid of the cancer which WILL kill off our club.
  • stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Genuine question.

By getting behind them.
    But that's what we have been doing. What is your new plan that has not been tried before? This is not the fault of the fans.
    I never said it was
  • addick05 said:

Difference is, back then we were ALL behind the movement to get us back home; not only the fans but the great people who made up the board. Today we are in the midst of a three-way civil war. By that I mean us, Douchebag and the seemingly blind idiots who slag off CARD and all the fantastic fans - not bloody 'customers' - who are trying to get rid of the cancer which WILL kill off our club.

sadly this is so true,lets hope he sells quick and we get an owner who is a supporter/ex player/manager.Can only think of one A.C surely his got a few quid to buy us
  • edited December 2016
    Your right, we stand up and try to save the club, form a unified group with a common goal, a bit like the Valley Party or CARD/Belgian 20 or something, good idea
  • We're you not the fella suggesting the fans were at fault yesterday?
    I mAy be wrong, in which case "sorry ".
  • edited December 2016
    stonemuse said:

Genuine question.

We have to keep putting straws on the camel's back. Nobody said this would be easy, or quick. We are dealing with a mad man and idiot here.
  • addick05 said:

Difference is, back then we were ALL behind the movement to get us back home; not only the fans but the great people who made up the board. Today we are in the midst of a three-way civil war. By that I mean us, Douchebag and the seemingly blind idiots who slag off CARD and all the fantastic fans - not bloody 'customers' - who are trying to get rid of the cancer which WILL kill off our club.

You can count the idiots who slag of CARD using your fingers. It is a two way battle - the mad, lying, cowardly, pathetic owner and his incompetent CEO and the fans. When we give up fighting this bafoon we give up on Charlton. I will never give up on my club. I am CHARLTON TILL I DIE.
  • Sponsored links:

• The back to the Valley spirit can only happen if the board, the manager, the team and us fans are all pulling in the same direction.

I wonder where we are failing right now?
  • Off_it said:

We're you not the fella suggesting the fans were at fault yesterday?
    I mAy be wrong, in which case "sorry ".

You weren't wrong. I notice that the OP starts this type of thread but then disappears once questions are put to him or decent counter arguments are made.
    Then he starts a similar thread a day or two later.
  • edited December 2016
    When we beat the Germans in WW2, you couldn't say the allies were fighting the Germans and Lord Haw Haw and his mates. Those handful of Lord Haw Haws on another site and one or two on here are irrelevant. One, who I did previously have some respect for in terms of his knowledge of the game, not his mood swings! Has now shown himself to be a grass.
  • addick05 said:

I have to agree with Grapevines excellent piece. Unless RD sells up in the next year or so the club will be finished; probably playing in a lower league in front of 4,000 'customers'. By then most of us will be long gone. In the 50 + years I have supported the Addicks I've seen relegations, the odd promotion, couple of trips to Wembley, some woeful teams, some GREAT teams, good managers, crap managers, being thrown out of our 'home' and the joy of going back, NEVER have I felt so depressed and really wonder if I can go anymore. Just where is the light at the end of the tunnel?

Good post Addick05, the same as you i have been watching Charlton for 50+ years and have been through the good times and the bad times alike.
    I am now boycotting home games and will not be coming regularly until Roland sells up.
    As for the light at the end of the tunnel we all know what that is, but depressingly it is a long time coming