Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson on BBC London News shortly

2»

Comments

• edited December 2016

• "Certain people may have used the problems to cut corners..."

Could this comment refer to the underwhelming portion of chips?
    #pleasesiriwantsomemore

Or the procurement department of Crossbars
  • LuckyReds said:

- Protests footage.
    - A bit of a background on the issues at Charlton, protests and the desire for Roland to pack up.

Karl's Thoughts:

- On the initial vibe: it doesn't feel chaotic, "first reaction: it's brilliant"

- On the unrest: "certain people may have used the problems to cut corners, rather than focus on themselves"??

- On the fans: "I just hope I can do them proud."

- Players not training on Christmas day, psychological benefit of Christmas day surpasses that gained by training.

That was it! A bit shit to be honest, a complete non-feature. Bizarre?

Not bizarre, {....} unique
  • He is getting annoying now, I give you that. BUT and it's a big big impossible BUT, if he can get us a win tonight, he will enter the Pantheon of Charlton legend. Likelihood we know what is coming and he will be spouting the same old shite next week!
  • We have three, Chicksen, Botaka and Aribo that can potentially play wide left. Holmes due back soon but RCC has played there and doesn't get a look in. Karl, we need central midfielders with mobility, not wingers.
  • Robinson speaks.
    So.
    Fucking.
    What.
  • Brilliant post
  • ...So Mr Robinson less focus on talking about getting the job done and more focus on actually getting the job done.

Is this a call for better table cloths?
  • Sponsored links:

• Well here's to you Mr Robinson, heaven holds a place for those who pray, hey hey hey.
  • Another charlatan
  • se9addick said:

He certainly likes the sound of his own voice, I hope we do the talking on the pitch tomorrow

And predictably we didn't
  • For anyone who never saw the interview from Tuesday evening

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38393239
  • Well, that went to plan!
  • I was going to post this before tonight's game. It seems even more appropriate now.

I respectfully suggest it has gone beyond the time to step back and focus on the deliverables.

I am not expecting miracles. I am not sure many of us are but I am expecting to see the deliverables he has talked about; discipline, organisation, commitment, industry, positivity, attacking enterprise.

No matter you await injured players to return, no matter you await new arrivals all of the above qualities are deliverable today. They need to be delivered today. That is the remit of any coach or manager.

Whether the team will then deliver result will always be open to the talent within the squad and indeed returning players and new arrivals will hopefully boost that agenda but the foundations on which we need to build success needed to start today.

So Mr Robinson less focus on talking about getting the job done and more focus on actually getting the job done.

There used to be a sign on the wall in the players tunnel, something along the lines of " Quality is expected Effort is demanded" watching a tunnel cam recently it seems the sign has disappeared.

If it has gone who decided to remove it & why ?
  • LuckyReds said:

- Protests footage.
    - A bit of a background on the issues at Charlton, protests and the desire for Roland to pack up.

Karl's Thoughts:

- On the initial vibe: it doesn't feel chaotic, "first reaction: it's brilliant"

- On the unrest: "certain people may have used the problems to cut corners, rather than focus on themselves"??

- Players not training on Christmas day, psychological benefit of Christmas day surpasses that gained by training.

Arrived late to this thread but the use of the term 'certain people' by KR is not good...not good at all.

It's more the kind of thing you might see on the fridge door of a shared student flat........

Look guys, certain people have been eating my cherry yogurts. I don't want to name names but if those certain people (and they know who they are - yes they do) don't stop then we will all have to start marking the Yoghurt pots so we know whose are whose.........do we really have to go down that particular route?

• LuckyReds said:

- Protests footage.

Karl's Thoughts:

Arrived late to this thread but the use of the term 'certain people' by KR is not good...not good at all.

It's more the kind of thing you might see on the fridge door of a shared student flat........

Look guys, certain people have been eating my cherry yogurts. I don't want to name names but if those certain people (and they know who they are - yes they do) don't stop then we will all have to start marking the Yoghurt pots so we know whose are whose.........do we really have to go down that particular route?

You have to assume he's already made up his mind who they are and lined them up for the exit door. God knows what he thinks he'll replace them with though.
  • edited December 2016
    Robinson can turn this round. Firstly he must distance himself drom the CEO and owner - simply by not mentioning them. Then just focus on what he needs to do with the team. We will always support the team, providing they give us something to support. If he wants to tell me how great KM is, he can just go and do one! I think we know more about her failings and disrespect than he does! He will figure it out at some point, and then he will see the wisdom in distancing himself from them.
  • edited December 2016