Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What a shame....

This club is on its knees and crying out for some form of hero, something good to get behind.

That could have been Robinson tonight.

Fucking abysmal the psychology permanently attached to our club.

We aren't the greatest fans in the world but we deserve better than to be habitually, royally embarrassed in this fixture, and the social impacts it has on all of us.

And the worst thing of all is knowing this means absolutely nothing to those who own and run our club. Absolutely nothing. Just anther shit performance and something we can 'learn from our mistakes'.

Comments

• 100% agree with every word
    We needed something
    But we got nothing
  • This club is on its knees and crying out for some form of hero, something good to get behind.

That could have been Robinson tonight.

Fucking abysmal the psychology permanently attached to our club.

We aren't the greatest fans in the world but we deserve better than to be habitually, royally embarrassed in this fixture, and the social impacts it has on all of us.

And the worst thing of all is knowing this means absolutely nothing to those who own and run our club. Absolutely nothing. Just anther shit performance and something we can 'learn from our mistakes'.

Certainly not Roland and Katrien.
  • I always dread this fixture because it's always always the fucking same. All my wife's family are Millwall fans and because it's my daughters birthday today we had a get together and I've spent the evening with three of them.

Everything but everything is so bloody depressing being a Charlton supporter these days and I am close after 56 years of living and breathing the club to just walking away. It's getting that bad in general and even worse when our shower of gutles wimps roll over to a very average Millwall yet again.

Right now everything Charlton can just do one.
  • edited December 2016
    You used a swear word
  • Worst thing is, in a little over 3 weeks we'll have to go through it all again.
  • cafctom said:

Too many players interested in tattoos and Instagram posts these days.

I know we didn't beat Millwall under Powell (we never lost either), but I know full well the likes of Morrison/Wilson/Kermorgant etc would have understood 100% the importance of that game tonight.

Do you really think the likes of Texeira give a toss?!

They should give a toss about every single goddamned game. Its what they are paid for and why they are given the shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• I always dread this fixture because it's always always the fucking same. All my wife's family are Millwall fans and because it's my daughters birthday today we had a get together and I've spent the evening with three of them.

Everything but everything is so bloody depressing being a Charlton supporter these days and I am close after 56 years of living and breathing the club to just walking away. It's getting that bad in general and even worse when our shower of gutles wimps roll over to a very average Millwall yet again.

Right now everything Charlton can just do one.

Wimpist.
  • cafctom said:

I know we didn't beat Millwall under Powell (we never lost either), but I know full well the likes of Morrison/Wilson/Kermorgant etc would have understood 100% the importance of that game tonight.

Such a narrow mindset. Tell me, how did we do against Millwall with those players in the team? To think that the answer to winning any match is just "show a bit more passion" is right out of the failed English manager's handbook. They may not give a shit about the club or us as fans but do you really think they like losing matches? I know any time I play a game even at 5 a side I have no attachment to the team or any history it might have but I know I don't like losing.
  • I'm very lucky, because in my 45 years I have never known a Millwall fan.
  • colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

Such a narrow mindset. Tell me, how did we do against Millwall with those players in the team? To think that the answer to winning any match is just "show a bit more passion" is right out of the failed English manager's handbook. They may not give a shit about the club or us as fans but do you really think they like losing matches? I know any time I play a game even at 5 a side I have no attachment to the team or any history it might have but I know I don't like losing.
    With the greatest of respect. That's bollocks.

Wow I'm shocked you feel that way about one of my posts. With the greatest of respect.
  • colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

Did you see the game last night, and the lack of effort involved?
  • Sponsored links:

• Millwall are just as shit, Gary, as we saw last night. But their fight saw them through that game and we didn't match it.
  • edited December 2016
    cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

I saw the game. To suggest things would have been different if they had run around a bit more or put in a reducer in the first minute is wrong imo. This run of results is a freak thing, happens plenty of times in football. People will want to read more into it because it's against them. Each match will have different reasons as to why it went wrong, last night I think it's just we aren't very good and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the midfield is probably the worst I've seen in all my years of supporting the club. You might call it lack of effort or passion or knowing what the fixture means, I'd prefer to say not good enough and over the hill players.
  • colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

I saw the game. To suggest things would have been different if they had run around a bit more or put in a reducer in the first minute is wrong imo. This run of results is a freak thing, happens plenty of times in football. People will want to read more into it because it's against them. Each match will have different reasons as to why it went wrong, last night I think it's just we aren't very good and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the midfield is probably the worst I've seen in all my years of supporting the club. You might call it lack of effort or passion or knowing what the fixture means, I'd prefer to say not good enough and over the hill players.
    All valid points but wanting it more than the oppo has its merits too. Skill doesn't cut it on its own. The fact we don't have much of that either is important but application and desire to battle is very important too.

• colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

All valid points but wanting it more than the oppo has its merits too. Skill doesn't cut it on its own. The fact we don't have much of that either is important but application and desire to battle is very important too.

So which is it? Valid points or bollocks? I'm so confused.
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

Valid bollocks.
  • edited December 2016
    We will continue to lose games under KR. I didn't go last night but reading between the lines, a similar attacking formation was used and clearly it didn't work.
    We don't have the players to do that, so KR has got to radically change things and new players aren't going to come quick enough.
  • One of the younger lads at the fire station is a knuckle dragger, he text me after their first two goals and my reply of "It shows how crap you are that it took you so long to score against us." Quietened him down a tad.
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

Mostly bollocks. If you think that all players go out and give 100% then you've obviously not watched very closely. As a manager you want players that have character and perform consistently whatever the circumstances. The cliched being able to perform on a cold Tuesday night in Carlisle. Not letting your heads to drop. I could go on.