Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Berlin lorry crash at xmas markets

Dreadful whats happenend tonight..9 dead up to now

Comments

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38373867

Horrible and eerily similar to the terrorist attack in Nice
  • Was in Hamburg a few weeks ago, cant find a better place to be than at markets in germany this time of year
  • RIP to all the victims, and thoughts with the families. Sounds like a terrorist attack from the last reports I read- sickening thing to do.
  • Nuts what happened to the Russian ambassador in Turkey tonight too.
  • Tonight we stand shoulder to shoulder to shoulder with our German cousins.
  • People out enjoying themselves and next thing....

Bloody tragic
  • Alleged two in the cab, one killed in the crash, one arrested
  • Was at that market a week ago. Absolutely awful, RIP to all the victims.
  • Bloody disgraceful, but not altogether a surprise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Friend uploaded a Facebook pic of herself at that market just hours ago. Thankfully she'd already left by the time it happened.
    Another dreadful attack.
  • Solitary confinement for me
  • Its murder so death penalty is apt for me.
  • Its murder so death penalty is apt for me.

Martyrdom actually suits these goons down to a tee
  • Chop off the goolies
  • There's been a high profile Islamic attack in Turkey too. The Russian ambassador has been assassinated by his Turkish bodyguard.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4de_1482167380 (uncut footage)
  • There's been a high profile Islamic attack in Turkey too. The Russian ambassador has been assassinated by his Turkish bodyguard.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4de_1482167380 (uncut footage)

unbelievable ... the Russians will go ape over this, of all 'big powers' Russia is the most anti-Islamic .. remember Chechnya .. the world is going through a VERY dangerous time
  • Can never work out if it's intolerant people in a fucked up world or fucked up people in an intolerant world.

So sad
  • Sadly I think it's fucked up intolerant people in a fucked up intolerant world.

:( good luck to the injured and bereaved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Attack, after attack.
    The sad reality is that this will not end.
  • I'm not entirely sure why, but this hit me pretty hard:

Truck driver murdered for the vehicle.
  • Two days ago i booked a trip to Berlin in February for five days. Still feel happy to go. I feel its important to stand with the locals.
  • Heartbreaking for all who are suffering as a result of both the shooting in Ankara and the Christmas Market horror in Berlin.

Sadly, I fear that at least some of the calculation behind both (if both were terrorist attacks) will be that there will be a strong reaction, that can be twisted into a victimhood narrative and "justify" further terrorism.
  • Berlin is one of the world's great cities. Don't be scared, but be vigilant.

Nice lorry attack happened very soon after another attack
  • The mate I went to Berlin with in June is currently out there. He sent me photos from that very market on Saturday I think, and told me he was going back there tonight. Turns out he was on the U2, a few stops away when the attack happened. Turns out his missus and him had returned to the hotel for a little bit before going back out to the Christmas Markets, if they hadn't they would've most likely been there at the time.
  • Sadly a shooting in Zürich as well this evening :(
  • I was there last week. Terrible news
  • Truly sad. The world is going nuts.
  • My two bosses flew out there on Fri and were due back to work on Wed. Just hope they're ok.