Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lookman ...... Saturdays Performance verse £11m

I thought, for the first time this season, that it was a total waste of time having him on the pitch on saturday. He didnt look bothered, didnt want to play with his team mates and clearly didnt have his head in the right place.

Worth 11m ? Not on that performance!

I'd drive him to Everton myself for that money ....... as long as robinson got a couple of million back to re-invest!!!

I wouldnt play him again until he's either sold or the January window is closed. I'd rather see a young graduate get his opportunity ..... at least some pride and passion might be displayed.

I always support our players, but saturday was extremely painful and I just couldnt understand why he wasn't hauled off and given the kick up the backside he deserved.

Comments

• Think what you could do with 10/11 million, 3/4 good midfielders for a start. Or would that money go straight to Strapix to help pay off some of the 30million+ loan.
  • been told Celtic is a done deal. Price irrelevant as it goes it RD's pocket
  • I don't think he's valued at £11m based on how he performs today - it's how good he might be in the future that will encourage teams to part with that sort of money.

Obviously we're all disappointed with the result but starting threads saying things like "I'd drive him to xx" and that he doesn't seem bothered is out of order. He's an 18 year old boy, expecting him to be our saviour week in week out is asking far too much.

I see no point in replacing him with "a young graduate" (whatever that is) as I'm sure that player will be getting hounded the moment he has a bad game.
  • I heard (before Saturday) that the £11m figure (inclusive of add ons) was a fairly wide exaggeration.
  • Think what you could do with 10/11 million, 3/4 good midfielders for a start. Or would that money go straight to Strapix to help pay off some of the 30million+ loan.

I'm sure most will go to Staprix and a very small amount might be given to Robinson to bring in a couple of players.
  • You do realise that KR won't get to spend much if any of the transfer fee?
    1) roly will be using it to mitigate his ever worsening operating losses
    2) roly's appointed executives have the combined negotiating skills of an earthworm and will probably end up agreeing to an instalment plan over 4 years or more with 'take-offs' not 'add-ons'
    3) the terms will of course be "undisclosed" - which is a weird belgian translation of 'underdeclared'
    4) the deal won't get finalised before 30 Jan, leaving KR no time to use the funds he was never going to get
    Happy Christmas :)
  • there is NO way that Lookman is worth 11 million or that we'll get even close to that .. I'd take any sum over 4 million, BUT on the proviso (which is unlikely to be forthcoming) that the money is spent on new players in January .. BUT (last but for now), I am not convinced that Robinson would spend that money wisely, especially as he has fancy line ups in mind .. 4231 for example .. Robbo me old chuck .. this is the third strata in England, not Real MADrid .. save the fancy stuff for the theory board
  • We turned down 6 million in the last transfer window. I don't think they will accept a bid of 4 Million.
  • dickplumb said:

We turned down 6 million in the last transfer window. I don't think they will accept a bid of 4 Million.

Was that at the same time that we turned down £2m for Morgan Fox ?
  • se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

We turned down 6 million in the last transfer window. I don't think they will accept a bid of 4 Million.

£1.6M for Fox from Sheff W (it might have been £1.7M) on the final day of the window.
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard £6 or £7 mil plus add-ons. It doesn't really matter though does it. Roland is trousering the lot and patting himself on the back for being so clever.
  • se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

these 'bids' are always quoted with such certainty .. who knows and how do they know the accuracy, even the existence of such bids for our players ?
  • se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

these 'bids' are always quoted with such certainty .. who knows and how do they know the accuracy, even the existence of such bids for our players ?
    Just to be clear I don't think we were offered anything like £2m (or £1.6m) upfront for Fox.
  • dickplumb said:

I reckon they would. They're even shorter on brain cells than us stupid people.
  • se9addick said:

I don't think he's valued at £11m based on how he performs today - it's how good he might be in the future that will encourage teams to part with that sort of money.

Obviously we're all disappointed with the result but starting threads saying things like "I'd drive him to xx" and that he doesn't seem bothered is out of order. He's an 18 year old boy, expecting him to be our saviour week in week out is asking far too much.

I see no point in replacing him with "a young graduate" (whatever that is) as I'm sure that player will be getting hounded the moment he has a bad game.

Out of order?? Youre having a laugh mate. He is in a very priviledged position and needs to show a little more effort and passion for the club. Saturdays result has nothing to do with my opinion on his attitude. It was poor saturday and am hopefull it improves tomorrow night. God knows we need it too.

Slade acutally had it right in August. He hardly played him ..... can only be because his head had been turned ..... I think Robinson probably needs to do the same.

I understand its a big opportunity to move to a huge club ..... but he needs to put the effort in for the club currently paying his wages and who have helped him get his move.
  • Heard we turned down 8mil from palace in the summer. If it was any other club we would have sold him for that
  • Lookman is a terrific talent who needs to be playing at a higher level with better players. That is why a host of Premiership clubs are tracking him and why he receives so much attention from league one defenders who clobber him with alarming regularity. I can’t see that we as a squad are overloaded with better players than him, or who can come in and change our fortunes around.

Having said that he showed a lazy side on Saturday, but that seemed quite endemic throughout the whole team including the senior pros who should lead by example. Not only did we allow Posh to set about us from the first whistle, we also conceded possession with unforced errors time and again. By the end we were a dispirited, beaten lot with no heart and no soul - and that is what hurts. It is also an impossible situation for a young player to come in and make his mark.
  • Heard we turned down 8mil from palace in the summer. If it was any other club we would have sold him for that

Do you honestly think rivalries would make any difference to this lot? They probably don't even know about the Palace / Cafc dislike. They'd sell our best player to Millwall or Palace in a heartbeat if the price was right.

• se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

Because I was at the Russell Slade meeting. He said we turned down £6M for Lookman from Palace and £1.6M/£1.7M from Sheff W for Fox, on the last day of the transfer window.

He said he was in the room with Katrien, when the calls were received.
  • If Celtic are involved they will look to get him for a compensation rather than a transfer fee. Randolph went to Motherwell on a similar agreement. That is also how Celtic got Dembele from Fulham in the Summer. I think they paid 600K.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOC64 said:

If Celtic are involved they will look to get him for a compensation rather than a transfer fee. Randolph went to Motherwell on a similar agreement. That is also how Celtic got Dembele from Fulham in the Summer. I think they paid 600K.

That's because they went when their contracts had ended. Lookman is tied down to a long contract and I am fairly confident that he won't be heading to Celtic. They wouldn't be able to afford him.
  • DOC64 said:

If Celtic are involved they will look to get him for a compensation rather than a transfer fee. Randolph went to Motherwell on a similar agreement. That is also how Celtic got Dembele from Fulham in the Summer. I think they paid 600K.

Compensation only comes into it if the player is out of contract. Mid season transfers wouldn't fall into that category. If his contract is up in the summer then they could try and get him for a smaller fee at that point. But Premier League clubs could do the same.
  • Mrkinski said:

Heard we turned down 8mil from palace in the summer. If it was any other club we would have sold him for that

Do you honestly think rivalries would make any difference to this lot? They probably don't even know about the Palace / Cafc dislike. They'd sell our best player to Millwall or Palace in a heartbeat if the price was right.

it was a done deal, roland had agreed it, but someone at board level highly protested and eventually turned it down due to the fact it was palace.

• Mrkinski said:

Heard we turned down 8mil from palace in the summer. If it was any other club we would have sold him for that

it was a done deal, roland had agreed it, but someone at board level highly protested and eventually turned it down due to the fact it was palace.

Who has the standing "at board level" to challenge Roland ?
  • se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

Because I was at the Russell Slade meeting. He said we turned down £6M for Lookman from Palace and £1.6M/£1.7M from Sheff W for Fox, on the last day of the transfer window.

He said he was in the room with Katrien, when the calls were received.
    Good answer, IF you believe Slade ... BUT that does undermine the theory that Duchatelet is only here to 'asset strip' and to keep all the cash .. he could have pocketed a nice £7.5+ Million from those two deals , players who cost us just development money
  • been told Celtic is a done deal. Price irrelevant as it goes it RD's pocket

fuck me, talk about throwing your career away
  • I wouldn't have paid £90M for Bale or 30M for Vardy. I wouldn't have paid 5M a year to Alladyce to manage England. Football, like pop, will eat itself
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

Just to be clear I don't think we were offered anything like £2m (or £1.6m) upfront for Fox.
    you would think that if that was on the table for Fox, we would've sold him and kept THQ. not us, we get it arse about face (regardless of what was offered for Fox)
  • se9addick said:

Mrkinski said:

Who has the standing "at board level" to challenge Roland ?
    Maybe he backs down when Daisy starts crying over the phone to him in Belgium. She's not completely stupid, selling Lookman to Palace would make her life seriously more miserable than it already is now.

Not a football decision, a covering Daisy's arse decision.
  • He is only 19 ffs, played 120 minutes at MKD on Tuesday night and yes it was not his best showing on Saturday but he tries to do too much on his own (if you were on the pitch with most of the other clowns would you have passed to any of them?). Put him in a side where he is surrounded by other talented/skilled players and I am sure you will see a different player. I hope he stays, at least until the end of this season because no matter how much we get for him KR will not be given much of it to spend and all fees quoted for anybody we might want will be exaggerated because other clubs will want the extra cash they think we have to spend.