Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match of the day

Jermaine jenas and Danny Murphy

Fucking useless, I more or less disagree with everything they say every week.

How can they say the Stoke pen was harsh.
Chelsea goal simple?

Pair of pratts

Comments

• Can't believe Vardy's red card

The more times i saw it from different angles shows it was was
  • edited December 2016

Can't believe Vardy's red card

I'm honestly on the fence, the thrust and leg extension just before contact is needless and makes it look worse.
    If he caught the fella he'd have snapped his shins.
    He does get ball first but still a leg breaker.
    I like vardey as a player a lot but a pretty needless tackle at that point of the game in that area of the pitch.

I'm honestly on the fence, the thrust and leg extension just before contact is needless and makes it look worse.
    I like vardey as a player a lot but a pretty needless tackle at that point of the game in that area of the pitch.
    But then Vardy was also pushed when he went to make his tackle, thus putting him slightly off balance

To me it was never a red card
  • Jermaine jenas and Danny Murphy

Fucking useless, I more or less disagree with everything they say every week.

How can they say the Stoke pen was harsh.
    Chelsea goal simple?

Pair of pratts

Totally agree with that. If it wasn't a penalty you would be well inclined to say the ref is on a bung.
  • edited December 2016
    The Chelsea goal was good eh?

But then Vardy was also pushed when he went to make his tackle, thus putting him slightly off balance

To me it was never a red card
    Exactly right, the push put him off balance and made it look far worse than it was.

• edited December 2016
    Vardys card was a red it had to be.
    If you lunge tackle with both feet of the ground it is a red, wether you win the ball ot not! As soon as footballers and fans learn this then like Murphy last night they won't sound like a tit.
  • Would Danny Murphy have treated his wife the way he tread Charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Vardy tackle definitely not a red. He's being pushed over for a start. He then makes connection with the ball and trailing leg just comes past. In real time it looks two footed but he's being fouled so it wasn't, it's just a natural leg movement when you fall over. Hopefully Leicester appeal it and we get to see the best English striker since Michael Owen play over Christmas.
  • Vardy tackle definitely not a red. He's being pushed over for anatural position? rt. He then makes connection with the ball and trailing leg just comes past. In real time it looks two footed but he's being fouled so it wasn't, it's just a natural leg movement when you fall over. Hopefully Leicester appeal it and we get to see the best English striker since Michael Owen play over Christmas.

I agree, never a red
    Without the push I don't think both feet would've been off the ground, as for the pen, how was his hand in a natural position? Deffo a pen.
  • Video replays (like they do in rugby and cricket) will solve all these issues?
  • Vardy unlucky. But that was a penalty. His hand is above his sliding body.
  • The Chelsea goal was good eh?

ALL goals against Palace are good.
  • Valley11 said:

Murphy irritates the life out of me.
    But just like all pundits it's all very 'wise after the event'. In real time with one chance to make a decision - not 10 camera angles and two hours to think how you're going to decide this - the vardy tackle looked a red and it looked a pen when Simpson handled.

Been saying it for years but would anyone be bothered if MOTD was just a presenter saying: 'Welcome to the programme, first up Man U v Arsenal' , then you get the highlights, then back to presenter who says: 'next, Man City v Liverpool.' And so on.
    If you want to break it up then vox pop the fans after each game.
    But I can't stand watching ex pros saying 'if he'd just defended that a bit better it wouldn't have been a goal.' No shit.

Please not vox pop the fans! You'd get complete idiots talking above their pay grade, just like a certain forum not a million miles from here.
  • Yeah what do the fans know eh?
    Would much rather hear what Dion Dublin thinks about that offside goal that cost that team survival.
  • Video replays (like they do in rugby and cricket) will solve all these issues?

Exactly SR. Leave things that are a matter of judgement to the ref.
  • The Stoke penalty was OBVIOUSLY not a penalty. Deliberate handball? Give me a break. He was falling towards the floor, looking away from the ball.
  • edited December 2016

The Stoke penalty was OBVIOUSLY not a penalty. Deliberate handball? Give me a break. He was falling towards the floor, looking away from the ball.

Doesn't have to be deliberate any more.
    Best bit about last nights show was Linkers "tool" joke at Murphy.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Stoke penalty was OBVIOUSLY not a penalty. Deliberate handball? Give me a break. He was falling towards the floor, looking away from the ball.

If I'm sliding and falling towards the floor my natural position for my arm wouldlnt be stretched out above my head height.
  • Valley11 said:

Murphy irritates the life out of me.
    But just like all pundits it's all very 'wise after the event'. In real time with one chance to make a decision - not 10 camera angles and two hours to think how you're going to decide this - the vardy tackle looked a red and it looked a pen when Simpson handled.

Been saying it for years but would anyone be bothered if MOTD was just a presenter saying: 'Welcome to the programme, first up Man U v Arsenal' , then you get the highlights, then back to presenter who says: 'next, Man City v Liverpool.' And so on.
    If you want to break it up then vox pop the fans after each game.
    But I can't stand watching ex pros saying 'if he'd just defended that a bit better it wouldn't have been a goal.' No shit.

Please not vox pop the fans! You'd get complete idiots talking above their pay grade, just like a certain forum not a million miles from here.
    Couldn't agree more on vox pops. Can you imagine the post Arsenal match interviews? There would be blud everywhere.
  • Rarely ever watch MOTD anymore. It tends to be 90 odd mins of analysing referee decisions with 100 slow mo camera angles then calling their integrity into question. Managers, pundits, players all at it.

At least 50% of players are diving, cheats but every week it is the refs that get it in the neck. If these managers, pundits and players are so much better then maybe they should give it a go themselves.

Impossible job nowadays.

Rarely ever watch MOTD anymore. It tends to be 90 odd mins of analysing referee decisions with 100 slow mo camera angles then calling their integrity into question. Managers, pundits, players all at it.

At least 50% of players are diving, cheats but every week it is the refs that get it in the neck. If these managers, pundits and players are so much better then maybe they should give it a go themselves.

Impossible job nowadays.

Ex pros going into refereeing would be fantastic. A lot refs seem late 30s and well into their 40s. Clattenburg is 42. They would certainly be fit enough. Having refs who had played the game to the highest level would be great.

Although I expect not many would have the bottle.
  • After watching the red on Youtube a couple of times, I don't think it was as clear cut as I initially though, but I still think it was harsh. If it is 2 footed, it weren't intentional imo
  • I thought Chris Sutton was good when he was on it the other day.
  • Vox pops? Leave it out. Look what happened when Channel 5 tried to do something like that - car crash

• Ex pros going into refereeing would be fantastic. A lot refs seem late 30s and well into their 40s. Clattenburg is 42. They would certainly be fit enough. Having refs who had played the game to the highest level would be great.

Works well in cricket but most footballers dont need the money or the hassel for a relatively small reward so for them it's not worth it
  • Rarely ever watch MOTD anymore. It tends to be 90 odd mins of analysing referee decisions with 100 slow mo camera angles then calling their integrity into question. Managers, pundits, players all at it.

Impossible job nowadays.

Rarely ever watch MOTD anymore. It tends to be 90 odd mins of analysing referee decisions with 100 slow mo camera angles then calling their integrity into question. Managers, pundits, players all at it.

Impossible job nowadays.

Ex pros going into refereeing would be fantastic. A lot refs seem late 30s and well into their 40s. Clattenburg is 42. They would certainly be fit enough. Having refs who had played the game to the highest level would be great.

And where's the incentive? A multi-millionaire retires at 35 and wonders what to do with his time. I know, I'll become a figure of hate and ridicule for less in a year than I used to earn just getting out of bed.