Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rogue One A Star wars story. No spoilers.

The new star wars film for those who haven't seen it yet.

Comments

• Its in a Galaxy Far Far Away
  • i like the bit where they stick the drill in the virgin otters face
  • It's shit

Probably
  • Going tomorrow to see it.
  • Took my son to a preview on tuesday and we both really enjoyed it . The droid has the best lines
  • Took my son to a preview on tuesday and we both really enjoyed it . The droid has the best lines

How old is your son.

My boys are 3 and 6 and love the Star Wars series but this is rated 12A...
  • MrOneLung said:

Took my son to a preview on tuesday and we both really enjoyed it . The droid has the best lines

How old is your son.

My boys are 3 and 6 and love the Star Wars series but this is rated 12A...
    He's almost 12. I didn't realise that was the certificate and was wondering why there was a lack of kids there.
  • I really like it. A few minor issues (pretty sure Peter Cushing wouldn't approve) but probably the most engrossed I've been in a SW movie since I was a kid. Although I suspect there were some references to future events, it helped that the story didn't have to set anything else up, that was really unusual for a franchise movie.
  • edited December 2016
    Going to see Rogue One on Tuesday. Looking forward to it and encouraged by the favourable reviews.
  • Sponsored links:

• Weren't he the one who broke Barings Bank?
  • .....Nick Leeson
  • I went to see it this evening and, sadly, I was rather underwhelmed. Needless to say I was aware of the overall outcome but I felt that the story was very week and almost pointless.

Maybe after Episode VII I was expecting too much but the characters seemed cobbled together for no discernible reason and there were a number of things, that I won't mention as they are spoilers, that I couldn't help questioning.

Human CGI is, clearly, not ready yet and save for Darth Vader's appearances (which looked OTT, like a video game) there was nothing about it that made it seem worth even watching it at all.

Last year my son and I went back to the cinema to see EpVII four times in a week (all be it it was the Christmas holidays) but we both agreed that we will not be in a hurry to watch this again. Not sure we would even watch it for free on Kodi.
  • Saw it this morning and thought it was excellent. Plenty of nods to the original films but stands alone as a film.
  • The film is pretty dark and violent. Older kids would be fine. There's pretty much no bad language or anything else remotely adult.
  • Smudge you do realise that the empire is based on discriminatory governments from history right? It would be a bit strange for them to be more diverse in the film set "5 mins" before the original trilogy when the originals clearly demonstrate this fact.

Have I been whooshed here and it's a joke?
  • And to think, even inside the biggest, baddest black man in the galaxy, there's a shrivelled old white man trying to get out.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

And to think, even inside the biggest, baddest black man in the galaxy, there's a shrivelled old white man trying to get out.

Like that scene in Pulp Fiction.
  • Currently in the cue to get tickets for this in Orpington.... Roger Johnsons in front of me in the line.
  • Jdredsox said:

Smudge you do realise that the empire is based on discriminatory governments from history right? It would be a bit strange for them to be more diverse in the film set "5 mins" before the original trilogy when the originals clearly demonstrate this fact.

They made stormtroopers black in the last film.
    Still no word from @chizz or @annakissed. I'm sure no one is surprised.
    I don't get too vexed about Disney movies. I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard it's very good. But I'm flattered you're interested in my views.
  • Sponsored links:

• Currently in the cue to get tickets for this in Orpington.... Roger Johnsons in front of me in the line.

You could probably queue jump pretty easily.
  • When the credits roll, ask him what he thought of the film. If he complains you know what to tell him.....
  • Jdredsox said:

Smudge you do realise that the empire is based on discriminatory governments from history right? It would be a bit strange for them to be more diverse in the film set "5 mins" before the original trilogy when the originals clearly demonstrate this fact.

Sorry I'm a "bit" of a Star Wars geek. In TFA they are fighting the First Order not the Galactic Empire.

Although I will concede that there are black storm troopers in the canon for the empire. The key fact is that the Empire is very much an old white mans club at the top. I can think of one character from a more diverse background reaching any rank of note and that was only after the 2nd Death Star when the majority of the leadership was killed off. Similarly you won't see any aliens working for the Empire in any position of note, with one exception, as the organisation is incredibly xenophobic.

Honestly, this isn't a battle you're going to win, I'm not sure many people can out-Star Wars me ;)

In fact I'm not sure what the point is that you're trying to make? We should all be up in arms because the director made all the bad guys white for some political agenda? When he was just sticking to the original canon?
  • Chizz said:

Jdredsox said:

I don't get too vexed about Disney movies. I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard it's very good. But I'm flattered you're interested in my views.
    You are quite selective about when racism bothers you
    Your type of scum should follow Millwall
    What a strange thing to say.

To be clear, racism in all its forms is abhorrent and unnecessary. But I really can't work up enough enthusiasm to be too worried about a children's film. But well done to those that can.

To be even clearer, no I don't follow Millwall.

Don't tell him afterwards that you don't like it, you know what his response will be.
  • edited December 2016
    Fantastic film. Real quality.

More edgy than the force awakens with less slapstick...But still some great lines.
    Some brilliant characters as well.
    My 10 yr old boy rated the force awakens as the best film he'd ever seen (bless). Rogue one has just knocked that off its perch apparently.

A question. Why has this latest film been so badly publicised? Or was that the idea?

I've not seen an advert on the Tele or a billboard anywhere for it.
    Spoke to a friend the other night who like most 80's kids loves star wars. Not full on geeky.
    He was not even aware of this films existence!

Strange.

Well worth a watch though. A must for any star wars admirer
  • Fantastic film. Real quality.

More edgy than the force awakens with less slapstick...But still some great lines.
    My 10 yr old boy rated the force awakens as the best film he'd ever seen (bless). Rogue one has just knocked that off its perch apparently.

A question. Why has this latest film been so badly publicised? Or was that the idea?

Spoke to a friend the other night who like most 80's kids loves star wars. Not full on geeky.

Strange.

Star Wars sells itself to be fair. Less marketing = more profit
  • Missed It said:

Fantastic film. Real quality.

Strange.

Star Wars sells itself to be fair. Less marketing = more profit
    To the point of people not actually knowing a new film has been produced?